Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Hubli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
How is the road condition on Manvi - Sindhanur- Gangavati- Koppal - Gadag - Hubli? has anyone travelled lately?

Has anyone travelled on Mantralayam - Manvi road recently?

The road from Raichur-Manvi-Sindanur-Gangawathi-Budguppa cross is excellent.
I had travelled 3months back.Look out for speedbreakers when nearing small towns
There is a flyover construction at Budguppa cross so have to take a right turn and after crossing the entry point of the flyover take the Left turn service road
to reach the Koppal road this is newly laid and in good condition.
Koppal-Hubli is NH and bliss to drive except for some lorry traffic.
Mantralayam - Manvi road not traveled.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 14:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
The road from Raichur-Manvi-Sindanur-Gangawathi-Budguppa cross is excellent.
I had travelled 3months back.Look out for speedbreakers when nearing small towns
There is a flyover construction at Budguppa cross so have to take a right turn and after crossing the entry point of the flyover take the Left turn service road
to reach the Koppal road this is newly laid and in good condition.
Koppal-Hubli is NH and bliss to drive except for some lorry traffic.
Mantralayam - Manvi road not traveled.
Thanks you so much, Gajadonga. There is a plan to visit mantralaym and to attend some work in Hubli in coming weeks. Wanted the information on the roads. Thanks once again
Old 20th January 2016, 11:54   #18
BHPian

Any recent updates on this Stretch folks?

I am planning a drive to Gokarna this Saturday and have 2 options based on this thread and Goa route thread

Option 1:

Hyderabad - Jadcherla - Raichur - Bagalkot - Hubli - Yellapur - Gokarna

Option 2:

Hyderabad - Jadcherla - Raichur - Sindhanur - Gangavati - Koppal - Gadag - Hubli - Yellapur - Gokarna

Which would be better to drive and preferably during night (may need to)?
Old 20th January 2016, 21:41   #19
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Hubli : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
Any recent updates on this Stretch folks?
I have done Hyd - Hubli to and fro in Oct'15
Hyd - Humnabad - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Hubli
This is a pretty straight route with total NH, Hyd - Humnabad NH9 and Humnabad - Hubli NH218. Road condition is good(most part) to decent. I opted this route as I stay near Miyapur(Hyd).

Regarding Jadcherla - Raichur - Bagalkot, I have done it in Oct'15 and there were rough patches in between during that time, not sure now.

Both ways and both routes were done during day time.

Hyderabad - Hubli : Route Queries-hydhubli.jpg
IndianNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 22:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
I have done Hyd - Hubli to and fro in Oct'15
Thank you for the reply. Based on the feedback after speaking to few folks, below is the route I planning to take from Gachibowli. Completely avoiding Raichur - Gangavati - Gadag - Hubli route.

Hyderabad - Pargi - Kodangal - Ravupally - Sedam - Gulbarga - Jevargi - Bijapur - Bagalkot - Hubli - Gokarna

Last edited by manas_270 : 20th January 2016 at 22:45.
Old 27th January 2016, 14:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
below is the route I planning to take

Hyderabad - Pargi - Kodangal - Ravupally - Sedam - Gulbarga - Jevargi - Bijapur - Bagalkot - Hubli - Gokarna
Please share your road experience
Old 9th February 2016, 12:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishroy View Post
Please share your road experience
Sorry for the delay folks. Was travelling right after the trip with limited/no connectivity.

Overall the stretch was good with lots of speed breakers (most of them have the speed breaker road sign on the left). Stretch between Vijayapura and Gulbarga is not so good with lots of minor potholes / undulations on the road. Suspension of the car gets a good workout

Sedam - Chilkur road too is kind of bad in some stretches.

Hubli - Gokarna stretch was good with the ghat roads and wonderful scenery.

Entire stretch is mostly 2 way roads with no divider and speed humps. Got to watch out for the NWKRTC bus drivers though. Some of them are so rash and bad that they literally force you off the road when they overtake from the opposite direction.
Old 16th June 2017, 13:38   #23
BHPian

HI Folks,
Planning a Hubli to Mantralaya trip, wanted to know the recommended route and latest road conditions,
Thankyou.
Old 20th January 2018, 10:12   #24
BHPian

Will be driving to Hubbali next week. Planning to go via Raichur. Anybody done this stretch recently ?
Old 29th January 2018, 08:13   #25
BHPian

Did Hyd --> Hubbali--> Hyd over the Republic day weekend.

I recommend this route - Mehboobnagar --> Raichur --> Sindhanur --> Manvi --> Gagavathi --> Koppala --> Gadag --> Hubbali.

Road is good with many rough and un tarred patches. It is tiring. Travel time - 9.5 hours.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 12:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I recommend this route - Mehboobnagar --> Raichur --> Sindhanur --> Manvi --> Gagavathi --> Koppala --> Gadag --> Hubbali.
After Gangawathi did you use the short cut to reach from Budguppa cross to Koppal.
The road construction is it complete

Last edited by ampere : 3rd February 2018 at 23:50. Reason: Compacted quoted post
Old 31st January 2018, 20:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
After Gangawathi did you use the short cut to reach from Budguppa cross to Koppal.
The road construction is it complete
This route does not go via Gangavati, but, only near it. After Koppala, you come across a junction, Gangavati to the right and Manvi/Sindhanur to the left. I am not very sure, but, Gangavati might have been 10 km from this junction.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 10:39   #28
BHPian

Hi Folks
Which is the best route to Hubli now from Hyd ? with ever changing road conditions

Hyderabad - Jadcherla - Raichur - Sindhanur - Gangavati - Koppal - Gadag - Hubli
or
Old 18th February 2019, 12:21   #29
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
Hi Folks
Which is the best route to Hubli now from Hyd ? with ever changing road conditions

Hyderabad - Jadcherla - Raichur - Sindhanur - Gangavati - Koppal - Gadag - Hubli
or
Option No: 2 will be better: Hyderabad Humnabad - Gulbarga (Ring Road) - Bijapur (Byepass) - Hubballi.

We recently(14th February outwards, and 16th February return) did a Hyderabad to Hubballi round trip - went via Raichur Gangawati route and returned via Gulbarga.

The route via Raichur is a pain to be honest. Till Mehboobnagar and a few kms beyond Mehboobnagar, the road is ok, and you can do decent speeds. A few Kms after Mehboobnagar, there is a lot of road construction work in progress, so you will see a drastic reduction in your average speed.

We took the Raichur Byepass, and the route till Hospet was good, single lane road, with an adequate shoulder. Vasudev Adiga's hotel at Gangavati is a good place for a pit stop with neat and clean toilets, and adequate parking space.

We took a detour via Hampi, and again hit the Hubballi highway from Hospet, at around 1630 hours. A few Kms post Hospet, its an amazing 4-lane road, and we were thrilled to bits, on the prospect of driving down on the 4 -lane road. Ala, all that joy was short-lived, and we were brought back to reality in the form of broken and deeply rutted roads, for the next few Kms. The 4 -lane work is in progress, so you will be making frequent diversions, moving from one side of the road, to the other. The 152 odd Kms took use around 3 h and 15 minutes to complete, non stop.

Return journey via Kalaburagi (erstwhile Gulbarga) was much better. You only need to watch out for unmarked speed breakers, which are dime a dozen. The pathetic part is, there are minimal sign boards indicating the presence of a speed breaker ahead, so your best bet would be to follow the road signs, and slow down whenever you see a Pedestrian crossing sign or an intersection sign. You do have a few rough patches in between, but overall, this road is much better.

There has been a flyover which has been under construction since ages at Kalaburagi, so, till that is complete, you will lose time, trying to reach the Kalaburagi Ring Road, from Bijapur side.

Last edited by PVS : 18th February 2019 at 12:22. Reason: Changes to the dates of travel
Old 1st September 2021, 16:45   #30
BHPian

Here is a quick update on the Road conditions between Hyderabad – Hubli and the returns Journey.
Traveled on : 22nd Aug. 2021
Returned on : 29th Aug. 2021.
Vehicle: Ertiga 3rd Gen. VDI.
Passengers : 3 (Myself, wife, and 14 years Son)
Route: Nacharam Hyderabad - Jadcherla- Boothpur-Mahbub Nagar- Raichur - Sindhanoor- Kampi - Ramasagar - Hospete - Koppal - Gagad - Hubli - Navanagar.
• Nacharam Hyderabad - Jadcherla- Bhuthpur : 115 KM covered in 2.00 Hours.
• From Nacharam to Airport ORR takes 60 min due to traffic thro Uppal and LB Nagar.
• NH 44 – 4 Lane road, Good road. Near Kothur road work is in progress.
• Bhuthpur - Mahbub Nagar- Raichur 112 KM Completed in 2.30 hours (including Lunch Break).
• State highway Road work is under progress. 80 % road construction completed.
• Few stretches like, Lake beds, Bridges & Railway crossing, Roads are yet to complete.
• Completed road works have good lane markings and have kept good space for the vehicle movement.
• We can 70-80 Km Average speed on this stretch.
• Had lunch Break near Maktal, we brought lunch from home as we don’t want to have our side.
• Raichur – Manvi-Sindhanoor- Kampi – Ramasagara – 150 Km, completed in 2.30 hours.
• Lot of uneven patches, humps.
• Raichur to Manvi Road work is under progress.
• Between Kallur and Manvi , Roads are pathetic.
• After crossing Tungabhadra river @Kampli, town roads are not good (~3 KMs).
• We stayed at our relative house for next day function.
• We stated our journey from Ramasagar to Hubli after the function.
• Our Parents also joined us for this journey, they came for the function from our native.
• Ramasagar - Hospete - Koppal - Gagad – Hubli – Navanagar 190 Km Completed in 4.0 hours (Including Tea Break near Lakkundi)
• Ramsagar-kamalapur-Hospet : State highway Roads are good.
• Hospet to Hubli : 4 Lane work is under progress. 50 % work completed.
• Near Hosalli- Ginigera Roads are non-existing, 2 Kms Road work yet to start
• Koppal and Lakkundi by pass completed.
• Gadag Bye pass not yet completed, we have to go through the old route only.
• Gadag to Hubli most of the 90 % work 4 lane completed, near villages and major junction flyovers and cross roads works are pending .
• For return journey I used the same road to reach Hyderabad.
• This stretch is the shortest road to reach Hubli from Hyderabad. May be in another 6-10 months pending road work may complete.
• Every new journey on this route, I am experiencing road developments, hope if everything completes I may reach my native Hubli in 8-9 hours from Hyderabad.
• On this entire trip we were not stopped for Car documents, Covid Negative Reports.
RavyaLe is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks