Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 23:02   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad to JP Nagar, Bangalore

I am planning on a trip to Bangalore with my wife and kid on the 6th of March (this Friday). Since my bro resides at JP Nagar 8th phase in Bangalore one important info i am looking from people (esp Bangaloreans) is on how to reach the locality once i get to that big "jalebi" flyover on Bangalore's outskirts.

first things first.

I am planning to leave home at around 6am. Please suggest a good place for breakfast before Jadcherla that I reckon I would reach before 8am.

Continuing down the highway, I plan to stop at the Dhaba at a BP station after Anantapur (read about it in a couple of posts). Are there any other recommended eateries on the way where I can have lunch?

I heard that in Gooty, I have to pass thru town on the Anantapur road. Are there any landmarks/signboards in Gooty where I can know i am taking the right road? asking for directions is always an option!

How many big towns do I have to pass thru, apart from Gooty? From within those towns would I have to hunt for right highway out or are they easy to locate?

Is there a route to avoid Yelahanka and reach the city directly?

An important query: This is my first long distance trip. Is it necessary to give rest to the car on the way, apart from the halts for food, tea or biological breaks? I drive a Vista Quadrajet.

Are there reliable petrol pumps on the way where I can be assured of good quality diesel?

I got most of the info on prevailing road conditions from few other threads, so no worries about that. My wife and I would be taking turns to drive so I dont expect to feel exhausted.

now comes the vital query:

Once I reach the huge flyover on bangalore's outskirts, how do i get to Bannerghata road (to reach JP Nagar 8th Phase)? Do I have to pass thru areas like Majestic or is there another way? I might need directions upto Jayanager Shopper's Stop (via Dairy Circle?) and I can handle it from there.

I am looking for info from Bangaloreans or anyone familiar with the city.
Old 2nd March 2009, 23:59   #2
BHPian

Quote:

I am planning to leave home at around 6am.
The overall journey in your car will take 11hrs including break for lunch. if you leave at 6 am, you will end up in bangalore by 5pm. since friday evening and after 5pm the traffic would be worst. Better to leave early i.e before 6am. And no better place for brakefast. its better to carry packed food and have it on the way.

Quote:
Continuing down the highway, I plan to stop at the Dhaba at a BP station after Anantapur (read about it in a couple of posts). Are there any other recommended eateries on the way where I can have lunch?
Thats the only better place for having lunch.

Quote:
I heard that in Gooty, I have to pass thru town on the Anantapur road. Are there any landmarks/signboards in Gooty where I can know i am taking the right road? asking for directions is always an option!

How many big towns do I have to pass thru, apart from Gooty? From within those towns would I have to hunt for right highway out or are they easy to locate?
You can easily makeout the road to bangalore. there are no such deviations which will confuse you.
Quote:
NO
Quote:
An important query: This is my first long distance trip. Is it necessary to give rest to the car on the way, apart from the halts for food, tea or biological breaks? I drive a Vista Quadrajet.
No need to stop anywhere.
Quote:
Are there reliable petrol pumps on the way where I can be assured of good quality diesel?
top up your fuel tank in hyderbad just before you leave. with FE of 18kmpl(measured with Palio MultiJet on a recent trip from hyderabad to bangalore) its more than enough to reach JP nagar.
Quote:

Once I reach the huge flyover on bangalore's outskirts, how do i get to Bannerghata road (to reach JP Nagar 8th Phase)? Do I have to pass thru areas like Majestic or is there another way? I might need directions upto Jayanager Shopper's Stop (via Dairy Circle?) and I can handle it from there.

Very simple. just try using MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go!
click on directions and enter start address and end address. will give you turn to turn directions with the distance.
Old 3rd March 2009, 07:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post

Best is to come via city itself. It isn't bad unless you reach Bangalore between 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

You won't have to pass via Majestic. Thanks to the Airport being on NH-7, the flow of traffic is quite smooth. Easiest way (probably not the fastest), would be to take infantry road and then cubbon road. Take right on Kamraj road which becomes Brigade Road. Continue straight on it till you reach the point where Bannerghatta Road starts. Take right on to Bannerghatta Road and you are all set.
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:01   #4
BHPian

thanks for the advice guys...

while checking out the route in MapMyIndia, i saw that NH7 cuts across the outer ring road at one point. the outer ring road goes around the city and connects to a "100 Feet road" that leads to the flyover/underpass near Shopper's stop.

can i use this route or is it a bad idea?

frankly i am not that confident of using the inner city roads in bangalore since i am not familiar with them and the profusion of one ways and short cuts left me confused last time.
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

while checking out the route in MapMyIndia, i saw that NH7 cuts across the outer ring road at one point. the outer ring road goes around the city and connects to a "100 Feet road" that leads to the flyover/underpass near Shopper's stop.

frankly i am not that confident of using the inner city roads in bangalore since i am not familiar with them and the profusion of one ways and short cuts left me confused last time.
I would advise against using the ORR. You will get easily disoriented, and the route will be much longer. Think of a semicircle, as opposed to the diameter of the same circle.

NH7 will lead straight into the city -- and I do mean dead straight -- and once you're in town, JP Nagar Shoppers Stop isn't too much of an ordeal.
Old 3rd March 2009, 20:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

best thing is not to stop anywhere. leave early, reach early. no confusion. just go straight on the highway, ofcourse take deviations as marked.pack up the lunch and have it on the way. i didn't find anything nearly decent on the highway. may be i missed. but there aren't may to miss anyway...
Old 3rd March 2009, 22:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As v1p3r mentioned as well, it is a bad idea. The outer ring road from NH7 is not a continuous stretch and the traffic can be terrible. Also the ORR from Mysore road to Bannerghatta road is blocked due to construction of underpasses on that road so stay away from ORR.

Quote:
Actually coming through the city is very easy and quite fast. Check out any map and see the directions I gave in my earlier response.
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:32   #8
BANNED

From the huge flyover,you need to pass these places:
  1. Mekhri Circle
  2. Infantry Road
  3. Brigade Road
  4. Diary Circle
  5. Jayadeva Circle
  6. IIMB and on to JP Nagar 8th phase
Old 4th March 2009, 12:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning on a trip to Bangalore with my wife and kid on the 6th of March (this Friday). Since my bro resides at JP Nagar 8th phase in Bangalore one important info i am looking from people (esp Bangaloreans) is on how to reach the locality once i get to that big "jalebi" flyover on Bangalore's outskirts.

first things first.

I am planning to leave home at around 6am. Please suggest a good place for breakfast before Jadcherla that I reckon I would reach before 8am.
Bad idea dude- start by 430 AM- That way, you can rech the apna ghar at BP petrol bunk short of Kurnool (it is exactly 200 kms from shamsabad)- the only decent place in the first leg to stop with family. Shamsabad to Jadchera can be covered in 1 hour max- amazing road.

the first 200 kms are really good roads and you can easily cover these in 3 hours. so you should stop at this dhaba for breakfast, and get lunch packed.

after this, till gooty, there is NOTHING!- barren landscape and no place to stop. you will come upon a BP apna ghar in Gooty, just after the A1 plaza (now closed)

continue straight from teh a1plaza and you will remain on the bypass to anantpur town- to enter town there is a prominent well marked turn- you cant miss it
you can easily make out the highway so getting lost will not happen.

the car will do just fine with the aforementioned stops. since it is really hot these days, I stopped for 15 minutes every 200 kms to give my tyres some rest. this I co-ordinated with the food stops, so no extra time was lost.

a word of caution. the first 200 kms from hyd lull you into thinking that the road is great all the way thr- not true- the strech from Kurnool to Anantpur is really bad in parts, and in your Vista, please look out for sudden dips in the road, pot holes or complete absence of road- I was finding hte going tough in a safari on these streches, so just take care. Also, in most places, even thought he road is four laned, they have opened only one side of the road, so watch out fo roncoming traffic and ALWAYS stick to the left lane. dont try to speed- it is futile on thi sroad. 90-110 kph is an optimal speed.
fill up in Hyd, and you should easily make it to blr. but the BP pums where you have the apna Ghar Dhabas are all pure for sure, so they seem a safe bet.
I got most of the info on prevailing road conditions from few other threads, so no worries about that. My wife and I would be taking turns to drive so I dont expect to feel exhausted.

PM me if you need any more info and I will send u my no.

I did this trip over this weekend (28th Feb-3march). Answers inline in bold.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:33   #10
BHPian

the ORR is out then...

I'll try my luck passing thru the city. I'll now study detailed maps and plan my route.

i hope the one ways and diversions are properly marked

@Kutlee: not stopping anywhere is ideal but might not be possible while travelling with wife and a restless 5 yr old i'll atleast try to keep the breaks short.
Old 4th March 2009, 13:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
NH-7 bypasses Yelahanka.

Quote:

As others said avoid ORR, though may not be best route in terms of traffic, but easy to recognise route has been already suggested by others.

Continue straight on Hebbal (jalebi) flyover. Continue straight on Mekhri Circle underpass. Cross windsor manor underpass. Continue straight. Forced left turn near Rajbhavan, (the road straight is one way from opposite direction) first right, and then second major right (most of the cars will follow this). After taking this right turn, you will reach Minx square, you can see a plane on the circle on your right. Take free left on Cubbon road.

Second signal from there, turn right onto Kamraj road. Continue straight this road, will become Brigade road (after M. G. Road crossing) and Hosur Road (after Richmond road crossing). Veer right into Bannerghata road, continue straight through dairy circle underpass and Jaydeva circle underpass. You will be able to see Shopper Stop on your left after crossing Jayadeva Circle.
Old 4th March 2009, 14:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
Continue straight on Hebbal (jalebi) flyover. Continue straight on Mekhri Circle underpass. Cross windsor manor underpass. Continue straight. Forced left turn near Rajbhavan, (the road straight is one way from opposite direction) first right, and then second major right (most of the cars will follow this). After taking this right turn, you will reach Minx square, you can see a plane on the circle on your right. Take free left on Cubbon road.

Second signal from there, turn right onto Kamraj road. Continue straight this road, will become Brigade road (after M. G. Road crossing) and Hosur Road (after Richmond road crossing). Veer right into Bannerghata road, continue straight through dairy circle underpass and Jaydeva circle underpass. You will be able to see Shopper Stop on your left after crossing Jayadeva Circle.
wow! awesome!

u have almost led me by hand...i cant lose my way unless I do something stupid like not noticing any signboards...
Old 4th March 2009, 14:32   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

" Veer Right into Bannerghatta Rd " >
This is at the 7th signal after your right turn into Kamraj Road.

Before that signal, you will pass :

A BP bunk on left, mosque on right, defence establishment on left, a school on right, a signal (T intersection from right & gate of the defence area on left), the defence area continues on left, a cemetry on right - and then the signal where you need to turn right. The right turn at this signal is a T intersection and runs between two cemeteries.

IIRC, there is a sign board (big, overhead one) indicating Bannerghatta.

If you pass the cemetries without turning, you will cross a big storm water drain & Surakshaa (a M.A.S.S). If you do this, then turn back. Another warning sign is to see BOSCH on your right, further down the road.

After that turn, you will pass between dealers who sell marble slabs, you will cross the same storm water drain (but different spot), a mosque, more marble dealers .. and you may even see BOSCH on your left. If you see all these, then you just need to keep driving straight and you will find Shoppers Stop. Your travellers stop is then very near !

Note:
Quote:
If you are not confused, you are mis-informed !

Last edited by condor : 4th March 2009 at 14:37.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:15   #14
BHPian

arindam/condor: thanks a lot for the info...

based on your information, i have prepared a map. please have a look and check if it'll serve the purpose for me...
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to JP Nagar, Bangalore-routemap.jpg  

Old 5th March 2009, 11:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
arindam/condor: thanks a lot for the info...

based on your information, i have prepared a map. please have a look and check if it'll serve the purpose for me...
A small correction is required in the map

Windsor manor underpass - > Rajbhavan left turn - >First right- First signal - Second right->
Instead of FIRST SIGNAL you have made it as FIRST RIGHT (It will lead to Vidhana Soudha Don't take this)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks