Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2014, 18:34   #46
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Allahabad - Best route?

I've looked at another alternative. It's longish but much faster because of NHs mainly. Infact, in the entire to and fro stretch there is only about 200 kms of SHs, rest of the 3800 kms are NHs and from what I could gather the road conditions are pretty good!

Here is the revised route:
Onward:
Navi Mumbai - Vapi - Surat - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Kota - Shivpuri - Jhansi - Kanpur - Allahabad - Azamgarh (through NH8 - NH76 - NH25 - NH2 and UP SH7)

Return:
Azamgarh - Faizabad - Lucknow - Kanpur - Jhansi - Shivpuri - Kota - Chittorgarh - Ujjain - Indore - Mhow - Dhule - Nashik - Navi Mumbai (through NH233 - NH28 - NH25 - NH 76 - NH79 - MP SH27 - NH3)

The only road condition I'm relatively unaware of is Chittorgarh - Ujjain - Indore. Any help on this stretch will be quite useful.
Old 15th April 2014, 18:59   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
I've looked at another alternative. It's longish but much faster because of NHs mainly. Infact, in the entire to and fro stretch there is only about 200 kms of SHs, rest of the 3800 kms are NHs and from what I could gather the road conditions are pretty good!

Onward:
Navi Mumbai - Vapi - Surat - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Kota - Shivpuri - Jhansi - Kanpur - Allahabad - Azamgarh (through NH8 - NH76 - NH25 - NH2 and UP SH7)

Return:
Azamgarh - Faizabad - Lucknow - Kanpur - Jhansi - Shivpuri - Kota - Chittorgarh - Ujjain - Indore - Mhow - Dhule - Nashik - Navi Mumbai (through NH233 - NH28 - NH25 - NH 76 - NH79 - MP SH27 - NH3)
This is exactly what I was suggesting you.

Quote:
The only road condition I'm relatively unaware of is Chittorgarh - Ujjain - Indore. Any help on this stretch will be quite useful.
Awesome roads.

- Kota-Chittor : NH76 - 4 Lane
- Chitorh-Nimbahera-Ratlam-Badnawar : 4-Lane. Sections around Nimba Hera are 2-lane I think.
- Badnawar-Ujjain-Indore : Nice 2-Lane
- Indore-Pithampur-Dhule-Malegaon-Pune : Most 4-Lane
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 19:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This is exactly what I was suggesting you.

Awesome roads.

- Kota-Chittor : NH76 - 4 Lane
- Chitorh-Nimbahera-Ratlam-Badnawar : 4-Lane. Sections around Nimba Hera are 2-lane I think.
- Badnawar-Ujjain-Indore : Nice 2-Lane
- Indore-Pithampur-Dhule-Malegaon-Pune : Most 4-Lane
Excellent! That seals the deal for me :-). Thanks a lot, ampere and thanks are also to HVK for his valuable inputs.

Still in London, counting my days before I reach Mumbai and then off I go on the 3rd of May!
Old 19th April 2014, 08:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post

Onward:

Return:

Currently, I recommend a different route for those coming from Hyderabad/ Nagpur side:

Nagpur-Seoni-Mandla-Shahpura-Umariya-Barhi-Maihar-Satna-Chitrakoot-Allahabad (only 15 kms of rough roads).
Alternative is also Nagpur-Chhindwara-Narsingpur-Damoh-Satna
Old 19th April 2014, 10:11   #50
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Rewa to Allahabad section with in MP is not at all good. It is being 4 lanes. UP side is fine. One can maintain 70-80. I had traveled on this route in APril 1st week. Wherever 4 lane work is going on road condition is worse. Old 2 lane roads are in much better condition.

Roads in Bihar and Jharkhand are a revelation Excellent state roads with proper sign boards in english and hindi about various tourist places
Old 19th April 2014, 10:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Rewa to Allahabad section with in MP is not at all good. It is being 4 lanes. UP side is fine. One can maintain 70-80. I had traveled on this route in APril 1st week. Wherever 4 lane work is going on road condition is worse. Old 2 lane roads are in much better condition.

Roads in Bihar and Jharkhand are a revelation Excellent state roads with proper sign boards in english and hindi about various tourist places
To avoid Rewa-Mangwan-Katra sector which is terrible, I recommend Rewa-Sirmaur-Katra which is good & avoids most of the mess, except the last few kms from Katra to UP border.
Old 13th October 2014, 18:00   #52

Hi,

I will start my road trip to Allahabad from Mumbai on this 18th early morning. Have had gone through all threads but am confused as am not aware of the current road conditions. Major block that i concluded after reading threads starts from Bhopal to Allahabad.

Request suggestions for best routes. Also, please suggest which city should i be halting at. Can bear some bad roads (with extra 100 Kms) but not willing to take longer routes.

Thank you
Regards,
Amrendra
Old 20th October 2014, 10:36   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrendray View Post
Hi,

I will start my road trip to Allahabad from Mumbai on this 18th early morning. Have had gone through all threads but am confused as am not aware of the current road conditions. Major block that i concluded after reading threads starts from Bhopal to Allahabad.

Request suggestions for best routes. Also, please suggest which city should i be halting at. Can bear some bad roads (with extra 100 Kms) but not willing to take longer routes.

Thank you
Regards,
Amrendra

Hi,

I have completed this road trip last evening. My route for this journey was:

Mumbai - Nasik - Dhule - Indore - Bhopal - Raisen (NH86) - Narvar (NH86A) - Gairatganj - Rahatgarh - Sagar - Lalitpur - Jhansi - Gobanipur (take right underneath the flyover) - Ghatampur - Jahanabad - Chaudagra - Fatehpur - Allahabad. This route was total 1,600 Kms (approx) which is 200 Kms extra from the normal 1,400 Kms but trust me it proved to be worth opting for this route.

In entire journey, i experienced 10 Kms of bad road with an average speed of 20 - 30 Kmph which was while exiting Sagar city. Another 50 Kms stretch from Bhopal towards Sagar was moderately bad with an average speed of 60 - 70 Kmph but please do not try this route at night as it may not be safe. I came to know about this only after reading a sign board which read "Please do not honk as it may be dangerous"...bit scary when you're driving early morning with you being the lone traveler on the road

Apart from these 60 Kms, the entire journey was very smooth. Speed from Mumbai to Indore can be easily maintained at 110 - 125 Kmph however once you enter UP, you will have to slow down to 90 - 100 Kmph despite driving on expressway. The reason is that Villagers, Cattle, Tractors, etc cross roads without caring for the high speed vehicles plying on these highways and they suddenly emerge from the median. So one has to be extra careful.

I started at 0530 hours and reached Bhopal at 2000 hours same day. Took an overnight stay here and then started next morning again at 0530 hours. I reached Allahabad at around 2100 hours. Needless to mention that i took a lot of breaks in between as i did not want to stress much.

In all it was an awesome drive. Trust this information helps.

Regards
Amrendra
amrendray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 16:45   #54
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I am thinking of doing Pune - Allahabad in Feb.
Does anyone have any latest update on this road conditions, route to take etc.

Thanks,
Gourav
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:11   #55
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of doing Mumbai to Dhanbad or Mumbai to Ranchi towards middle of Feb (as I have managed to get 2 weeks off from office). A Google search suggests the following

Mumbai Ranchi:
Option1: Mumbai Aurangabad Amravati Nagpur Raipur Sambalpur Jharsuguda Simdega Ranchi 1716 Kms 1d9hr
Option 2: Mumbai Indore Vidisha Katni Ranchi 1d11hr 1794Kms

Mumbai Dhanbad:
Mumbai Indore Allahabad Varanasi Dhanbad 1d12hr 1950Kms

Now various points that I need to consider is
1) safety (naxal area/general law and order/driving before sunrise and post sunset)
2) breaking this trip into halts (hotels, eating joints or.lack there.off, petrol bunks)
3)road conditions

I will be doing this with my wife and kid. Please opine.

Thanks in advance
Old 24th January 2019, 13:49   #56
BHPian

Guys...Planning a road trip to the Kumbh in Feb. Which is the best route for Mumbai - Prayagraj currently?

1. Through Nagpur- Jabalpur?
2. Through Kota - Kanpur?
3. Through Nasik - Indore - Jhansi?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards.
Old 22nd October 2019, 16:42   #57
BHPian

Reviving an old thread!

Looking for advice on what route to take for Mumbai to Allahabad (final destination is my hometown in Azamgarh) in Nov' 19. A few of us are embarking on a motorcyle trip and having been seeking the best possible knowledge of road conditions for the trip.

Google Maps (attachment shows the route options) is showing us the following options with the following leg as common.
Navi Mumbai - Igatpuri - Nashik - Chandwad - Malegaon - Dhule - Palasner - Indore - Dewas. (this leg is in good shape, last I heard)

The options beyond Dewas are:
1. Dewas - Ashta - Sehore - Bhopal - Sagar - Damoh - Katni - Maihar - Rewa - Allahabad - Badlapur - Azamgarh (particularly interested in the bold since this has been a notorious stretch for ages)
2. Dewas - Ashta - Sehore - Bhopal - Sagar - Bada Malhera - Mahoba - Banda - Fatehpur - Khaga - Soraon - Phoolpur - Badlapur - Azamgarh (this skips Allahabad, which is okay!)
3. Dewas - Maksi - Shajapur - Biaora - Guna - Karera - Jhansi - Orai - Kanpur - Unnao - Haidargarh - Shahganj - Azamgarh (again, the stretch in bold, any know-how is appreciated)

Look forward to your responses, folks! Any alternate options, feel free to pitch in your thoughts.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Allahabad - Best route?-route-options.png  

Old 20th January 2020, 16:38   #58
BHPian

I plan to visit a friends wedding at Azamgarh in February and planning to fly down from Mumbai to either Varanasi or Gorakhpur and then travel by car for the remainder of the journey.

Any ideas on the road conditions and between Varanasi - Azamgarh and Gorakhpur - Azamgarh. Also, any additional advice is more than welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks