Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 11:51   #1
BHPian

4 Days: Andaman? Coorg? Wayanad? Goa?

Hello.

My Girlfriend and myself are planning to go on a long weekend trip in May. Duration is Four days.

We are looking for a place that is nice, interesting, no waste fellows. Things of interest can be any of the following: Beaches, Hill Stations, Water Sports, Sightseeing. But it should be relaxing and enjoyable. We are not looking for thrills. And it SHOULD BE ECONOMICAL (20K for two all inclusive)

Transport can be by Car, Bus, Train, Ship or Flight.

Can you please recommend an ideal place? (I checked Andaman flight....it says 35K for return tickets. But someone I know said it is cheaper...if you guys know details of Andaman flight/ship that will be 30K for two, pls suggest)

Thanks!
Old 27th March 2009, 11:57   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
..... it SHOULD BE ECONOMICAL (20K for two all inclusive)
you guys know details of Andaman flight/ship that will be 30K for two, pls suggest)

Make up your mind first buddy. You SHOUT from the rooftop about economy & 20K and then ask for 30K suggestions to Andamans?

Coorg/Waynad should be well under 20K but may not offer you all that you need.
Old 27th March 2009, 12:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Your budget wont permit Andamans, and Coorg wont have the charm as its summer and also the National park is usually shut to prevent forest fires. SO 3 days there would be a problem.
Guess Goa would be nice and sunny. So that would suit you
Old 27th March 2009, 12:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

My pick is Coorg then comes Goa. Avoid Wayanad and Andaman. Coord is near to Bangalore so you can make your holiday much in luxury shape and best weather would be in coorg. Else think about KemmanGundi 2 days and then 2 days Coorg. I know I recommand both hill stations.

Goa would be too hot and crowded as well If you are not used to coastal hot weather and costly too. Plan it after rainy season and this time good rain is expected.

I have already prepared many rainy season trips between August-October-December.

Andaman is not in your budget and not ideal to take Girlfriend I feel.

About Coorg or KemmanGundi weather will be pleasant so you can enjoy the nature. There are nice places where you can venture out like trekking. Normal site seeing involve very nice walking in mountains/slopes. PM me If you need any contact info to stay around KemmanGundi. Many BHPians have visited there and its excellant place based on my experience too.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 27th March 2009, 12:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

For your budget, go to Goa and have a wonderful time. This might be the best thing with the time constraint also taken into consideration. Nothing like lazing in the beach and eating some nice sea food!

A leisurely drive to Goa will be an added bonus, if you are game for it.
Old 27th March 2009, 14:50   #6
BHPian

Everybody thanks for the replies.

My budget I mentioned 20K for places in or around Karnataka. If it is Andaman, then I can stretch it to 30K. Didnt intend to shout though.

Anyways, your replies have given me a general idea.....will think about it and update here.

Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 16:35   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

Andaman is not in your budget and not ideal to take Girlfriend I feel.

Regards,

Ravi.
I am intrigued by that. Care to explain why? Dont tell us you're part of the Shri Ram Sene now...Or is the girl-friend in question related to you...

Last edited by Red Liner : 27th March 2009 at 16:39.
Old 27th March 2009, 17:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Lakshadweep?

Its India's very own Maldives ...
Old 27th March 2009, 18:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I am intrigued by that. Care to explain why? Dont tell us you're part of the Shri Ram Sene now...
I understand it as a concern for the well-being of both of them, and not something that is to stop them from having a good time.
Old 28th March 2009, 19:31   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I understand it as a concern for the well-being of both of them, and not something that is to stop them from having a good time.
I thought the Andaman's was a very safe place! I have never heard of crime or security related fears in the Andamans.

It would be great if people could tell us exactly why the Andamans is not considered safe for women or couples. I would think its a lot safer as compared to experiences in Goa.
Old 28th March 2009, 19:50   #11
BHPian

HI Ashwin.If you do decide to come to Coorg then let me know.I stay there. Would be Happy to help you.
Old 28th March 2009, 20:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
...It would be great if people could tell us exactly why the Andamans is not considered safe for women or couples. I would think its a lot safer as compared to experiences in Goa.
This detail will certainly be helpful, especially for those traveling with ladies and kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
HI Ashwin.If you do decide to come to Coorg then let me know.I stay there. Would be Happy to help you.
OMG!How did we miss Prince @ Coorg!
Old 28th March 2009, 20:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
OMG!How did we miss Prince @ Coorg!
Well, out of sight maybe we are in the process of taking things one level further. Also thinking of some free accomodation packages to tbhpians.
Old 28th March 2009, 20:36   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Well, out of sight maybe we are in the process of taking things one level further. Also thinking of some free accomodation packages to tbhpians.
Wow, nice. I will keep you on my list - keep bouncing around all over the place close to Bangalore.
Old 29th March 2009, 17:07   #15
BHPian

The drive from Bangalore to Goa is easy. Goa in May is still good, some of the beach shacks may be closed though, since they start to wind down by April end. You can bargain for good rates with the hotels. Tourist season is essentially over by end-April, but you can still have three weeks of sunny weather in May before the monsoon rains begin. Only thing is, please be careful in the sea, if you have had a few drinks, avoid going more than calf-deep water

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks