Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 22:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hebbal / Yelahanka to Dobbaspet & NH-4 - Route Info

Hi,

I plan to travel to Mumbai by car on 4th April, I have done BLR-Mumbai by car in October 08, We started at 4 AM and drove through outer ringroad-peenya-nelamangala route. But this time we are starting from Yelahanka arround 10 AM (due to duaghter's exam results), want to drive through Dobbaspet. I want to know the following

what is the distance from yelahanka to NH4 via dobbaspet ?
how much time it generally takes during day time,
any specific directions (i know that i need to take Dodballapur road).

i want to avoid any time loss as we plan to reach Mumbai by midnight (00:00 or 1 AM).

thanks for in advance for your help.
Old 3rd April 2009, 08:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
what is the distance from yelahanka to NH4 via dobbaspet ?
Approx 55km

Quote:
how much time it generally takes during day time,
One hour or less (depends on 2 Railway Crossings as well)

Quote:
any specific directions (i know that i need to take Dodballapur road).
Directions are well marked and well visible in day time.
After crossing Dodaballapur Railway Station you will reach a 4 road junction where you need to turn left for Dobbspet (There is a stone telling Dobbspet 35km). Once onto Dobbspet road, watch out for two 8-10 series bumps. After that it is straight and smooth and fast drive to Dobbspet.

At Dobbspet you will reach under a huge flyover (NH4 is ontop) take right and within a km you are onto the NH4 as the flyover ends.

If you are in yelahanka and want to go to Mumbai, This is the only route to take to save time, distance etc.

Abhi
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Abhi for the answers. Yes, i stay at Yelahanka (KV)
and want to avoid peenya-nelamangala traffic
regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Approx 55km

One hour or less (depends on 2 Railway Crossings as well)
--------------
If you are in yelahanka and want to go to Mumbai, This is the only route to take to save time, distance etc.

Abhi
Old 4th April 2009, 00:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

@ Starvegabond
Drive on till Doddaballapur Railway station, you will cross one railway level crossing before that, at the railway station junction, one road goes left into Doddaballpur town take the road going straight on the tank bund, cross another level crossing in about 2kms, after this second level crossing drive on straight till you come to a circle, this is the TB circle at Doddaballapur.
At TB circle, take the left turn towards Dobbspet.

Abhi's directions too are spot on.

P.S
I too stay in Yelahanka New town, is KV= Kendriya Vihar?

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 4th April 2009 at 00:31.
Old 18th April 2009, 00:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dear Abhi, Luckyskywalker

My apologies for late reply, once i reach mumbai got busy with several work and did nto visit Team BHP forum.

Thanks very much for your guidelines. It was a good drive to Mumbai.
We left home at Kendriya vihar in Yelahanka at 9.15 AM. and reached NH4 via yelahanka-dodballabur-dobbaspet by 10:30 AM. Road is very good condition. Traffic was dense till wil crossed the junction after the dodballapur station.

We crossed Chitradurga by 12:30, took a lunch break under the tree shades (some 20KM from chitradurga), had the packed home cooked food + juices, restarted at 1.15 PM, took about 4 hours to reach Belgaon, thanks to GQ road from Davangere to Haveri not completed and some heavy traffic in Davangere bypass, Harihar byepass, Ranebennur citi. took a break 1hour 15 minutes, at Hotel Sankam, refueled at the station besides Sankam and re-started at 6:30 PM. it took us 4 hours to reach Pune
The average distance we covered was 83Km (first hour), 87KM (second hour), 93KM (3rd hour) and rest in the fourth hour till we reach Pune. Road is in excellent condition. We stayed for the night (at in laws place), drove to Mumbai next day. As usual it took two hours to reach Vashi via expressway.

Once all the GQ work is completed including bye passes, one can easily drive Bangalore to Mumbai (Vashi) in 13-14 hours (~970KM) including 2-3 breaks for lunch/dinner/snacks, tea/coffee etc.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:22   #6
BANNED

Yelahanka to Doddaballapur is in very good condition. Cannot say the same about Doddaballapur to Dobbaspete - too many sudden potholes and bad stretches. Wouldn't advise anybody to take this stretch at night.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:49   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Yelahanka to Doddaballapur is in very good condition. Cannot say the same about Doddaballapur to Dobbaspete - too many sudden potholes and bad stretches. Wouldn't advise anybody to take this stretch at night.
And dont forget those unmarked rumble strips near villages. After the rains this road has gone a bit bad I guess. Since I start from Koramangala, I have a better option through NICE Road.

Nainar
Old 29th September 2009, 13:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Day before yesterday night i returned via this stretch
we had started from Ankola (near Karwar) at 4 PM
reach Yelahanka at 1.30 AM.

Dobbaspet - Dodballapur - Yelahanka stretch is very good except one huge pot hole immediately after (i think 1 KM) turnning at dobbaspet.
it was filled with water. my ANHC just dived into it

in the morning, i found the left front wheel was punctured.
there was cut on the side wall due to this pot hole dive.
got it fixed at the near by puncturewalla.

thanks to tubeless tyres and steel RIMs, i could sill reach home.
on way found 4 trucks and 3 cars (2 in the same direction where i was headed to) at that hour as well.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:27   #9
BHPian

Hebbal - Dobbaspete (Bangalore) - Route Info

Hello,

To avoid the madness on tumkur road, planning to take the route attached below. Please suggest on the road conditions and others. Starting from Hebbal and heading to Tumkur and beyond.

Alternatively how is this route. Hebbal - Yelahanka - Doddaballapur - Dobbasapete
Attached Thumbnails
Hebbal / Yelahanka to Dobbaspet & NH-4 - Route Info-maps.jpg  

Old 28th May 2010, 09:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have used this road from Dobbasapete to Chikabalapur via Dodballapur to cross over to Hyderabad highway.From Dodaballapur to Devanahalli is about 12kms.This is a good road but lorry traffic can maintain 70-80 kms speed.Near Dobbasapete there is a railway crossing that is the only bottle neck.From Devanahalli I always took Hoskote road to go towards Budigere and Whitefeild to reach Sarjapur and Hosur all these roads are good very less traffic.

Last edited by gajadonga : 28th May 2010 at 10:02.
Old 28th May 2010, 10:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

deepak the route that you have marked shows via BEL Circle towards Hesserghatta. There are a few bad patches here and there within small villages otherwise its quite doable. BTW this route is a tad bit confusing and you can loose your way easily.

An alternate route would be to use the road towards Devanahalli(BIAL) and deviate left towards Tumkur road. PM lukeskywalker and check with him, he generally uses this route.
Old 28th May 2010, 10:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

Drive upto Devanahalli town, then take the road to Doddaballapur this road is fair enough, you will get a junction of 4 roads at Doddaballapur, from here drive straight to Dobbespet (35 km from the junction). This road is in good shape.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:01   #13
BHPian

hi deepak, i regularly take the doddaballapur - dobbaspete - tumkur route.
its pretty decent and surely a plus to avoid the traffic at jallahalli cross upto nelemangala. the road condition is good but there are two railway crossings which you encounter, but its most of the time free.
From Hebbal go towards yelehanka and pass through yelehanka police station and the road from there is pretty straight forward upto doddabalapur its four laned upto BMSIT nagenahalli, from doddaballapur there are clear sign boards indicating left towards dobbaspet.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

The route explained by kites above more or less sums up the road conditions, the only thing to note while doing the Dbpur-Dobbspet route is some sudden unmarked rumbler strips and road humps, also if you are travelling at dawn, beware of hundreds of crows on the road who scatter as you approach, bird hits are common during daybreak.
Old 28th May 2010, 18:56   #15
Team-BHP Support

A much better option:

Take the NH207 at Dobbaspet. Go down till Dodbellapur. There take the SH to Yelahanka, instead of going to Devenhalli.

You will land at the Yelahanka police station signal.
NH207 is almost empty and hence it will be easy till Dodbellapur.

The road till Yelahanka from Dodbellapur, have decent traffic, but since it keeps moving, no issues at all.

I have done this many times and work like a charm.

If you want to drive on towards whitefield, its one of the best options. (In fact I would say the best).

EDIT: I realized you just want to do the opposite!
That is: Drive from Hebbal to NH4

The solution is :

Hebbal - Yelahanka Police Station Signal - Dodbellapur - Dobbaspet.

It is pointless to drive all the way till Devanhalli.

Updates on NH207 are available at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ake-nh207.html

Link for Google Map:

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=d&so...,0.727158&z=11

Last edited by ampere : 28th May 2010 at 19:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks