Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 01:56   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Hey buddy. The best people to answer that would be the resident bangaloreans like akroy. Iam not very familiar with the ring roads in bangalore, despite having stayed for all my life here. If you need help with traveling in Coorg or anything else in Coorg, I would be more than happy to help.
Hi Zahed,
I'll be there in Coorg next week and would like to visit your homestay once. I know you are having full booking now, but want to see your place, so that next time when I go with my full gang and advanced planning, we can stay at your place. It looks exciting.
I have picked up your mobile nos from your site. Will get in touch with you after reaching there. Or I may ping you even on my way to Coorg if I get lost somewhere.
Do you feel I can get a hotel in Mysore this weekend? Considering that it is the Dussera weekend. In that case we can just halt at Mysore for a day and show the Mysore palace in its full glory to my son.
Old 21st September 2009, 07:48   #32
BHPian

May be the below itinerary also works. I made the same in April this year and it was very convenient.
  • Start at around 4 PM from Hyderabad. Excellent roads till Kurnool.
  • Have dinner in Kurnool and proceed.
  • You may face few KMs of normal road after that better roads till AP boarder and from there four lane / excellent two lane roads till coorg.
  • I reached Mysore by 5 AM in the morning. You can do the same.
  • Stay in Mysore for a day and do sight seeing. If you have energy you can proceed to Dubare elephant camp and can also stay there and proceed to Coorg.

This is just my two cents.

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
Old 21st September 2009, 08:35   #33
BHPian

While proceeding from Dubare to Madikeri, go via Chethalli, so you avoid the bad patch between Kushalnagar and Madikeri.
Old 21st September 2009, 13:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Hi Zahed,
I'll be there in Coorg next week and would like to visit your homestay once. I know you are having full booking now, but want to see your place, so that next time when I go with my full gang and advanced planning, we can stay at your place. It looks exciting.
I have picked up your mobile nos from your site. Will get in touch with you after reaching there. Or I may ping you even on my way to Coorg if I get lost somewhere.
Do you feel I can get a hotel in Mysore this weekend? Considering that it is the Dussera weekend. In that case we can just halt at Mysore for a day and show the Mysore palace in its full glory to my son.
hey Max, your more than welcome to visit our place. good that you got hold of my number. Give me a call if you need help on anything in Coorg. regarding staying in Mysore, iam not sure. I guess you would need to check once you reach there to find out if you can get a room to stay.
Old 11th April 2011, 13:33   #35
BHPian

Re: Hyderbad to Coorg : Best Route

I'm planning a 5-day trip from Hyderabad to Coorg (Madikeri), with stopovers in Mysore(optional) and Nagarhole forest starting on Thursday morning and coming back to Hyderabad on Monday evening.

What would be a good route along with recommended stopovers/night halts?
Old 11th April 2011, 13:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post

What would be a good route along with recommended stopovers/night halts?
Start early morning from Hyderabad to cross Bangalore by 12 Noon and Mysore by 3PM. You can drive upto Hunsur and take a turnoff from there. Accommodation in Nagarhole is going to be expensive. Check out for home stays. Else you can also stay in Virajpet which has a Club Mahindra property.
Route ( I have bypassed Mysore town and the Krishna Raja Sagar Dam is on this road. )
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India to Nagarhole National Park - Google Maps

Also you can check hotels here Nagarhole Hotels | Book Cheap Hotels in Nagarhole at Budget Rates-HolidayIQ
Old 11th April 2011, 14:02   #37
Team-BHP Support

What MC says is perfect. Only thing to add is that, its now better to go all the way till Mysore and use the Outer Ring Road to hit Hunsur road and continue rather than take the Ranganthittu access. Its much faster that way.

The ORR, signal is place where you will see Columbia Asia hospital.
Old 11th April 2011, 16:54   #38
BHPian

Thank you for the route suggestions.
Following is the tentative plan. Hope this is practically doable, especially since we still have to finalize our accommodations!

Thursday :
Leave Hyd around 5am. Have breakfast on the way (any good places?)
Plan to reach near BLR by 11.30am and Mysore by 2pm
Have lunch in Mysore (any suggestions?)
Visit the Mysore Palace in the evening (Any other must-see places?)
Dinner + Stay somewhere near Nagarhole National Park (maybe Ramcad or Virajpet) Any nice not-verrry-expensive recommendations?

Friday:
Take morning safari in Nagarhole
Afternoon, visit Irupu falls
Reach Madikeri by evening/night and stay in Coorg area.
Looking if we can stay at the plantations (MC suggested Cloud Valley with awesome Panni Curry) or some HomeStays (suggesstions please)

Sat'day:
Coorg - Sightseeing

Sunday:
Abbey Falls, Buddhist Monastery, Kushalnagar

Monday:
Have Breakfast and leave Coorg for Hyderabad
Old 11th April 2011, 17:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Cloud Valley - Welcome to Cloud Valley Speak to Hem Madappa, Nice gentleman!

Mahindra Homestays - Mahindra Homestays - Home

Hyderabad - Bangalore - Mysore timings are slightly optimistic. Add 1 more hour.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2011, 17:53   #40
BHPian

Hi

We went to Coorg in February for our Anniversay. It was a good choice and we stayed at the Club Mahindra Resort at Madikeri.

A few things I wish to point out:

1) Road throughout is brilliant except for the last 12~15 kms reaching Madikeri which are pot-hole ridden and bad. May be better now since work was going on.

2) Hyderabad to Bangalore is absolutely superb. Its one of my favourites for a weekend break.

3) Bangalore traffic is really irritating and I wish some Bangalore BHPian can advise you on how to avoid the ORR and get to the Mysore Road directly. Highly recommend getting advise as the traffic will set you back at least a couple of hours.

4) Bangalore to Madikeri - The road is excellent again but, there are quite a few towns on this road. Although the road is completely 4 laned, the speed breakers are a pain. Mind you there are about 75 (+ or - 1) between the Bangalore ORR junction to Madikeri. I counted them.

That's my 2 pence.

Hope you have a lovely time.
laxmanrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2011, 18:42   #41
Team-BHP Support

Here is the thread I had created for Bangalore-bypass.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ngalore-2.html

Posts 27 and 28 should guide you through NH7 to Mysore road and vice versa,

The other thing I noticed is that you plan to see Mysore in the evening (Palace) and drive to Nagarhole. I hope you time it right, else finding places in Coorg esp. far flung homestays can be very difficult in the dark.
Old 13th April 2011, 15:32   #42
BHPian

I traveled to Madikere from Mysore on 10th April. The road is very good till Madikere. The road from Madikere to Talacauveri is bad to very bad in a few places but drivable without much discomfort
Old 13th April 2011, 17:09   #43
BHPian

I'm now thinking if I stay in Mysore on Thursday night, will I be able to make the morning safari in Nagarhole National Park. Or a place for one night near nagarhole is a must?
Old 13th April 2011, 17:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
I'm now thinking if I stay in Mysore on Thursday night, will I be able to make the morning safari in Nagarhole National Park. Or a place for one night near nagarhole is a must?
Guess the safari timings are from 6 to 8AM. It takes about 2hrs to reach Nagarahole from Mysore. You may have to leave Mysore by about 4:30AM or so.

Prasad
Old 13th April 2011, 17:22   #45
BHPian

Thank you for the timings. Is there any place recommended to stay near Nagarhole around 2-3k for a night? Orange County/Kabini is quoting around 16k per night!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks