Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2016, 17:04   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Hi, I am doing this route tomorrow morning at 6 AM. Kindly advise if there is any new information which can help.
My plan- YEW - > Kanpur - > Use the shortcut-> NH25.
Does anyone know why bikers, mostly young refuse to budge despite incessant honking and available space on these roads?
I had to brake hard, really hard from 120 twice (still not needing ABS) on Itawah - Akbarpur stretch.
I don't see ignorance but a strange belligerence here with these folks.
It happened on NH-25 to a Bolero as well. It was right in front of me but a biker did not yield despite being in mortal danger ( Without helmet). The Bolero was shaking vertically due to roll because it had to brake hard. The biker was fuss free and still did not yield. He was aware.
Before that, I had thought it was perhaps my bad judgement but with Bolero it dawned on me that it was deliberately done.
Last time I saw such things, I was on Shamli - Kairana stretch with 14 year old kids were doing this.
Make no mistakes, my moves were not aggressive. Incessant honking was done where merely a dipper would do on other roads.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 16:06   #32
BHPian

re: Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries

Hi, I am planning to drive down to Lucknow this coming Saturday from Gurgaon. Please suggest the best route
Old 28th April 2016, 12:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Hi, I am doing this route tomorrow morning at 6 AM. Kindly advise if there is any new information which can help.
My plan- YEW - > Kanpur - > Use the shortcut-> NH25.
Hey Atniya, Can you please share the route details and also times taken. I have heard the stretch is not advisable to do at night, although members experiences state otherwise, but please do share the details, may be going day after.
Old 28th April 2016, 16:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Hey Atniya, Can you please share the route details and also times taken. I have heard the stretch is not advisable to do at night, although members experiences state otherwise, but please do share the details, may be going day after.
Hi Arkanile,

This is doable during night by car as confirmed by locals. This is one of the major highways.

Secondly, in a significant development, Ramadevi Flyover is functional now. So, no need to go to Shuklaganj bypass (NH91) anymore. Instead, directly go towards the Kanpur city.

Thirdly, only few eating options are there. Try stopping at places near Sirsagunj (two hours after getting off from YEW at Tundla/Agra). Ex. Hotel Gujan (good food but somewhat rude staff).
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 13:28   #35
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries

Hi

I am driving from Gurgaon to Lucknow. Google maps tells me that the best way is to take Yamuna Expy till Agra and then NH2 till Lucknow.

Does not show me any issues in Kanpur? Can someone please confirm the road conditions - and also time it will take for the trip.

Thanks.
Old 27th July 2016, 18:04   #36
BHPian

Hi Friends, I traveled 2-3 days back on this route beyond Lucknow. And everything turned out to be great. We did not face any issues at all with the roads. Some general observations:
  1. Yamuna express way is amazing and sort of a fantasy to drive.
  2. Agra till Shikohabad is a bit challenging with narrower roads (in comparison to expressway ) . I think it mainly happens because of mind being more accustomed to something like expressway.
    • This stretch passes through the town of Firozabad and Shikohabad with few intersections in-between so I assume may be witnessing jams on certain days.
    • I also observed the phenomenon reported by 'Atniya' that bikers are pretty dangerous in this area. They do not like to give a pass. So be careful.
  3. Beyond Shikohabad till Jaswantnagar is good.
  4. Then beyond that, starting Etwah till Kanpur is amazing. 8 lanes and no heavy traffic.
  5. Kanpur was amazing as the huge flyover helped us to avoid Kanpur completely and we directly landed on Lucknow highway.
  6. Kanpur-Lucknow again comes into fair to good category with heavier traffic (more people commute between these two cities) and 4 lane roads.
If one uses Taj Expressway then till Lucknow you pay close to INR 900 as toll. We did not see too many hotels on the route. We also did not see trees that normally are there around the roads or may be because of new road construction, they were cut. Some pics to give you an idea of roads.

Lucknow-Kanpur stretch
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-lucknowkanpur.jpg

Kanpur Flyover
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-kanpur-flyover.jpg

Kanpur-Etawah
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-kanpur-etawah-2.jpg

Etawah-Shikohabad
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-etawah-shikohabad.jpg

Shikohabad Town
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-shikohabad-town.jpg

Firozabad junction
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-firozabad.jpg

Taj Expressway
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-expressway.jpg
vikasshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 16:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

A few of us are planning to do the Delhi - lucknow Road trip over the republic day weekend. Delhi to agra via the yamuna expressway and then the newly inaugurated agra lucknow expressway. Anybody has done this yet?

Apparently you have to drive on the old highway for 88 kms from Agra to get onto the new expressway.
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:41   #38
BANNED

@vikasshu; I take it that the Lucknow-Agra E'way is still gas. What is the state of the Rama Devi crossover. There are conflicting reports locally about that and the elevated highway also.

One think to watch out for, Etawah area is the 'badlands'. So watch out esp till the elections. Incidentally, hold ups have spread to the YE as well. Crime always goes up around the election time. I agree one you are past Etawah, say from Oraiya things are smooth. Silky wide road. Incidentally it is not an eight lane road, but six lane with hard shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Hi, I am planning to drive down to Lucknow this coming Saturday from Gurgaon. Please suggest the best route
Depending on which part of Gurugram you are in, and the time of starting, you may find it quicker to take the Faridabad Road, and then turn left and right to join the DND very close to the YE. We have done Gurugram-Palwal-YE (second junction), but then SH222A is still a mess. So suggest the former route to get you on to the YE.

Last edited by sgiitk : 23rd January 2017 at 10:51.
Old 29th January 2017, 20:23   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@vikasshu; I take it that the Lucknow-Agra E'way is still gas. What is the state of the Rama Devi crossover. There are conflicting reports locally about that and the elevated highway also.

We have done Gurugram-Palwal-YE (second junction), but then SH222A is still a mess. So suggest the former route to get you on to the YE.
Dear sgiitk,

I took multiple trips on this route during November-December 2016 and except the stretches that I've mentioned in my earlier post (after leaving Agra till Etawah), it is really cool to drive between two cities. Elevated highway to cross Kanpur is a real boon and I did not find any issues with that. Though there are some cuts in-between and sometimes people try to take U turns from either side and one needs to be bit cautious. I think I maintained a speed of 70-80 kmph on the elevated stretch in Kanpur. To me the biggest problem was lack of signage to show me the direction for Lucknow.

I agree with you about the stretch being a badland. In November I traveled on this stretch during night with my 10 year old son as accomplish. Around 20:00 hrs I was at Jhevar toll plaza and reached Lucknow by 02:30 hrs. Now when I read about mishappenings that took place recently on YE, it gives me shivers. I think it was marriage season in November and therefore roads were not deserted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
A few of us are planning to do the Delhi - lucknow Road trip over the republic day weekend.
Dear coolkurt, last I heard about this highway was in a bad context. The senior IAS officer incharge of the project met with a severe accident on this highway. I think it was opened in hurry to showcase it as an achievement. If you used this new highway then please do share your experience.

Thanks..Vikas
Old 30th January 2017, 00:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
A few of us are planning to do the Delhi - lucknow Road trip over the republic day weekend. Delhi to agra via the yamuna expressway and then the newly inaugurated agra lucknow expressway. Anybody has done this yet.
Yes, my cousin had driven on the new expressway from lucknow to shikohabad and then from their to delhi via yamuna express way and it was too good. It took him only 6 hrs to reach delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@vikasshu; I take it that the Lucknow-Agra E'way is still gas.
It is very much operational from last two months.
ruchirtnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 20:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
I think I maintained a speed of 70-80 kmph on the elevated stretch in Kanpur. To me the biggest problem was lack of signage to show me the direction for Lucknow.
Exactly. In fact, the signage that is there on the Kanpur elevated NH2 is utterly misleading. It shows that for Unnao/Lucknow, you have to go straight while for Kanpur and Ramadevi you have to go down leftward. Now you go straight as per the signage, you will reach Allahabad

You have to actually go down from the flyover to Ramadevi circle and then climb the flyover again which will take you to the Ganges bridge and Unnao and further to Lucknow.

VIP.
Old 19th February 2020, 11:16   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

I am planning to drive from Delhi to Khalilabad, which is beyond Lucknow.
Just wanted to check with the vets of the ALE as to the status and safety currently of the Eway. Also, if you know about the best route or eway from Lucknow to Gorakhpur?
Old 19th February 2020, 11:45   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I am planning to drive from Delhi to Khalilabad, which is beyond Lucknow.
Just wanted to check with the vets of the ALE as to the status and safety currently of the Eway. Also, if you know about the best route or eway from Lucknow to Gorakhpur?
From lucknow to gorakhpur, just take NH-27 (known as faizabad road locally in lucknow). Its excellent 4 lane highway. 4 toll plazas will be there between lucknow to khalilabad. There might be a diversion near basti for some construction work.
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 12:30   #44
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Hello fellow BHPians!

I'll cut to the chase. I am joining a new firm on 15th Feb 2021 in Gurgaon and I live in Lucknow.
Since it is work-from-home right now, I'll only need to be physically at the office for 1 or 2 days at the maximum in order to complete formalities, collect laptop, merchandise, etc.

Me and my parents have decided to have a road trip to Gurgaon and back. The issue is, I have a (soon to be 11) 10 year old diesel, hence trying to avoid entering Delhi at all costs.

I have decided to take a detour and enter Gurgaon from the south-east by getting off Yamuna expressway at Tappal, subsequently moving through Palwal->Sohna and then Gurgaon

I will be driving my fairly reliable 2010 Superb TDI
Are there any nice and clean dhabas for lunch along the way? (Me and my mother are diabetic, hence sanitization and cleanliness is paramount for us.
We will be staying at Defence Services Officers' Institute (DSOI) Gurgaon and I will be heading to DLF CyberHub

Kindly advise on the same and is there something I should be worried about (beside the protests)?

The Shortest Route by Gmaps (through Delhi):
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-original.jpg

The Detour:
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-detour.jpg

Final Alternative route:
Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-alternate.jpg

The Man and the Machine:

Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-20180722_172043.jpg
Old 3rd February 2021, 13:24   #45
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Kindly advise on the same and is there something I should be worried about (beside the protests)?

Final Alternative route:
Attachment 2117382
Go ahead with the modified route you have finalized.

The food street food court after Vrindavan is a nice place to stop for food. There's nothing else which is worthy of a food break before or after. The YEW has nicely maintained toilets too. And you can refuel if you need at the same place.

The road after leaving the e-way at Tappal till Palwal will be a let down but you'll be able to manage by just being a little patient.

Have taken this route 2-3 time to reach Gurgaon from Auraiya, the time taken via Noida-Delhi and this route is almost the same.

So once again, just be patient once you are off the e-way.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks