Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2021, 13:33   #46
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Go ahead with the modified route you have finalized.

The food street food court after Vrindavan is a nice place to stop for food. There's nothing else which is worthy of a food break before or after.

The road after leaving the e-way at Tappal till Palwal will be a let down

So once again, just be patient once you are off the e-way.
Thank you for your inputs!

Will keep these in mind. By the way, patience in which sense? Small roads, bad roads or traffic? (Either of the issues is fine but would be better to know which one)
Old 3rd February 2021, 14:44   #47
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Thank you for your inputs!

Will keep these in mind. By the way, patience in which sense? Small roads, bad roads or traffic? (Either of the issues is fine but would be better to know which one)
Here are my inputs from a different thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

I went on this route two times (2016 and 2020) while going to GGN from Agra. On both occasions, exit from E-way at Palwal, has a really bad stretch (felt like 10-15 km). I was travelling in the evening so couldn't comprehend the surroundings much but there was a longish bridge which had a jam consisting mostly of trucks in 2016, and later in 2020 that section had some grading work due to which there were unpaved roads all-throughout.

One needs to be sure where to take a diversion at Palwal for Sohna, gets confusing at night.

Here is phamilyman's latest report of taking this route over the Delhi-Noida route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Thanks sir - I saw it in google maps. It had a ~40 min delay vs what a similar length of route via Noida would have taken. More than safety - my concern was the smooth surface - if a route takes ~40 min (25%) longer than an equivalent route then clearly there are broken stretches which means my napping wife and son would have been disturbed. That was my primary concern, over and above how lonely the route may have been at 730pm.

Anyhow, route updates -
I left GGN at 515pm reached LKO at 2:40am (1.5 hour breaks). On the reverse, left at 2:45pm and reached home by 10:50pm (50+10 min break)

- Smaller joints such as barista jewar close by 7pm sharp. After 11pm only rest area dhabas are open but the food is decently available. The first dhaba from LKO side (~KM238) was terrible - only pakoras,dosa, chai - while the 100km one towards LKO (Muhabbatpur) was lovely - sleepy owl coffee, energy drinks, candies, name it - they had it.
- Toilets availability is a problem but they are clean everywhere - we had to wait almost 100km when coming from LKO - the last 80km of ALE and then first few km of YE had no loo till the toll plaza
- At this hour (starting 645pm GNoida) the traffic visibly thinned out by Jewar - thereon, you had emergency vehicles every 4-5km on YE (645pm-1030pm) and 10-15km on ALE (11pm-2:30am)

- I did not feel unsafe at any points - no shady characters anywhere
- Of course the highway only has covidiots here. I'm the only one of almost 50 60 people who was even bothering with a mask at Muhabbatpur. Ditto other stops (Jewar/first YE toll on Agra side)

Most epic moment enroute to Agra:

I stopped at km 270 to drink energy drink and whipped out my phone. Within minutes, a highway agency van on the other side stopped and started honking at me as if to ask why I had stopped. When I switched off my parking lights, switched on my headlights and started rolling, so did they. Supremely reassuring!
Had a similar moment on the reverse with a police car that drew up to check on us while we stopped to check the GPS for toilet stops.
The situation would have only improved from what is stated above.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 10:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

This route is fine - it is mildly battered in a few places where the highways interchange into Palwal but otherwise fine. I took it during the day on my way out.

Sanitization is a joke - the virus is airborne. The only thing you should do IMHO, like we did, is eat at the lovely pitstop mentioned by TGO - we ordered inside but sat outside on the open air benches.

Please do not be unmasked around a bunch of highway travelers you know zilch about.

Except the Palwal sections, the road is fine as of NYE. No real issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Hello fellow BHPians!

I'll cut to the chase. I am joining a new firm on 15th Feb 2021 in Gurgaon and I live in Lucknow.
Since it is work-from-home right now, I'll only need to be physically at the office for 1 or 2 days at the maximum in order to complete formalities, collect laptop, merchandise, etc.

Me and my parents have decided to have a road trip to Gurgaon and back. The issue is, I have a (soon to be 11) 10 year old diesel, hence trying to avoid entering Delhi at all costs.
The only Diesel vehicles Delhi police cares about, are tractors esp from outside NCR :-) No one cares about your car today!!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 10:34   #49
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
This route is fine - it is mildly battered in a few places where the highways interchange into Palwal but otherwise fine. I took it during the day on my way out.

Sanitization is a joke - eat at the lovely pitstop mentioned by TGO - we ordered inside but sat outside on the open air benches.

Please do not be unmasked around a bunch of highway travelers you know zilch about.

The only Diesel vehicles Delhi police cares about, are tractors esp from outside NCR :-) No one cares about your car today!!
Thank you!

I have marked the aforementioned food court and we have agreed upon taking break there. I should be able to do one way on a single tank. Yes, I will keep my mask on or my parents will beat me within an inch of my life.

I've got my PUC done regardless and insurance renewal is in May. Even if they stop my car, Delhi Police will be more perplexed to stop an Andhra Pradesh plates car coming from Lucknow with Bengalis onboard.

The motive to circumvent Delhi is to avoid relatives ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) as I have decided to write a travelogue. Yes they read T-BHP.

Then with the advice from TGO and yourself, I'll stick to this route.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 11:39   #50
BHPian

I am driving from Delhi to Lucknow and back on Holi weekend. My parents aged around 80 yrs will accompany me.

I am planning to take the following route and halts, after research.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?h...9419663211&z=8

Halts have been chosen every 120 km or so.

Any suggestions, please?
Attached Images

Last edited by skdking : 15th March 2022 at 11:48.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 11:48   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I am driving from Delhi to Lucknow and back on Holi weekend. My parents aged around 80 yrs will accompany me.

Any suggestions, please?
Youve put a link requiring access.
However, I will just say that the best route for Delhi to Lucknow is noida-Agra-Lucknow. Longer breaks at Jewar, then the place at ALE (100 kms or so in), and other breaks at toll stopovers on YEW, and another break on ALE again.
Maybe thats what you HAVE taken, dont know.

Quote:
Sharing settings changed. Pl check and advise.
This is fine, I believe.

Last edited by mayankk : 15th March 2022 at 12:05.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 15:49   #52
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions, please?
Decide if you need so many halts. Your average speed will be 90, so you can plan 200-250 km between halts I feel even with 80 year olds. With my in laws who are the same age, I plan with the maxim that no stretch would be more than 3 hrs max.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 17:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Decide if you need so many halts. Your average speed will be 90, so you can plan 200-250 km between halts I feel even with 80 year olds. With my in laws who are the same age, I plan with the maxim that no stretch would be more than 3 hrs max.
Yup. Only bio stops at 120 km make more sense.
Old 15th March 2022, 20:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions, please?
While YEW has three stops, ALE has only two stops; first at 100 km mark and second at 219 km. So you may stop at first & third stop on YEW.

Both ALE facilities have food courts on first floor and lifts are available at both places.

There is also a canteen on Ground Floor at first stop (Good for snacks/ tea / packaged drinks) with entrance towards right side of the main building.
Aniket Verma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 14:30   #55

Any latest update on the Gurgaon-Lucknow route through Sohna, EPE and Tappal and thereafter the expressways. Alternatively, would it be better to go from Gurgaon-Greater Noida and then join the expressway.

I am planning to travel next weekend. I will be travelling with my wife and 3 year old kid. Car would be a 11 years old Honda City.
Old 1st July 2022, 17:03   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisekkhanna View Post
Any latest update on the Gurgaon-Lucknow route through Sohna, EPE and Tappal and thereafter the expressways. Alternatively, would it be better to go from Gurgaon-Greater Noida and then join the expressway.

I am planning to travel next weekend. I will be travelling with my wife and 3 year old kid. Car would be a 11 years old Honda City.
On a weekend, it's easier to pass through Delhi, I feel.
Old 23rd January 2024, 19:07   #57
BHPian

Anyone from or been to Lucknow - please help.

Planning Solo trip on 26 Jan weekend - Please suggest.

Reasonable luxury hotel in Lucknow
Best Biryani for Lunch
Best Kabab for Dinner (i heard Tundey Kababi is good)

Thank you so much in advance BHPians
Old 23rd January 2024, 19:22   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Best Biryani for Lunch

Go here for Biryani and don't miss the Buffalo Pasanda: https://maps.app.goo.gl/vQPfbAazU11QuE289

Go here for Tunday Kababs: https://maps.app.goo.gl/fV7rMxJRDD8EaEW7A

Don't try to take a car to Tunday Kababi.
Have Makkhan Malai at the Chowk Dara the next morning. This guy has the best stuff.

Delhi - Lucknow : Route Queries-pxl_20231121_033937202.jpg

You will find him only in the morning before 9 AM, 20 steps inside the dara walking towards Tunday Kababi from chowk. Set up to the left side of the narrow road.

Obviously, you can finish your remaining breakfast at Raheem again and have Kulcha Nihari.

Let us know your experience at all these 3 spots.
antz.bin is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 22:46   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Anyone from or been to Lucknow - please help.

Planning Solo trip on 26 Jan weekend - Please suggest.

Reasonable luxury hotel in Lucknow
Best Biryani for Lunch

Lalit, Hilton Garden Inn.
Or lebua and sarovar portico, slightly cheaper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks