Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2015, 13:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Germalam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
If work is still in progress, better to go via Malavalli-Chamarajnagar-Gundlupet even if your destination is Masinagudi.
Noted.

Do I follow the standard route via Terakanambi - Gundlupet?
Old 7th April 2015, 14:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Do I follow the standard route via Terakanambi - Gundlupet?
Yes - Chamarajnagar to Gundlupet is via Terakanambi. The Chamarajnagar-Terakanambi section has been recently retarred and is a breeze to drive on. But be on the alert for one nasty speedbreaker (unmarked) about 5 kms from C.R.Nagar just in front of a school building on the left. Easy to miss if you're driving fast and can give you a nasty jolt (Happened to me a couple of times !)
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 18:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Kala,

I am going to follow this route to Masinagudi via Chamarajnagar. Do you happen to know what the construction sign is just after kanakapura town? Shows up on gmaps if you look it up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Can you please let know if you have booked in tents in wild valley, if so does it have attached rest rooms?
Rest rooms are not attached but they are located close to the tents.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 10th April 2015 at 18:34.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 18:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am going to follow this route. Do you happen to know what the construction sign is just after kanakapura town? Shows up on gmaps if you look it up now.
I think that corresponds to a speed breaker they were building about a month ago (It is in place already now). Can't recall seeing any other construction activity there in the recent past (at least till last Sunday).
Old 13th April 2015, 08:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Till that is complete, taking the Malavalli-Muttanahalli-Saraguru route shown below may be better. It has about 3kms of somewhat broken roads just before reaching Muttanahalli, but no major potholes and traversable by any sedan
Kala, I can't Thank you enough for this recommendation. You were spot on about the condition of the road. I had to be careful as I drive a low slung sedan. Even then, it was easily manageable and the only stretch of bad road for the entire journey.

We were three cars. However; on the way up, one decided to take Mysore road, najangud, gundlepet and by the end of the drive, he was frustrated. Bumper to bumper traffic on Mysore road and horrible roads after nanjangud. This chap was with us on the return route and I was the guide from T Narsipura till Marehalli.

While tarmac quality of Kanakpura road is excellent, I have to say you slow down considerably after Kanakpura town, heading towards Bangalore, as I observed last evening. Did not notice this all that much on the way out as we left at 630am. It was a pleasant drive.

On the way back, I went via the small town of Talakadu as the little by pass road was quite bad. Added just a wee bit more in terms of distance.
Old 13th April 2015, 11:13   #36
BHPian

Has there been any progress on reconstruction of the bridge? Haven't been through the route for a while now owing to the de-tour. Has anyone spoken to the people working there?
Old 13th April 2015, 12:44   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kala, I can't Thank you enough for this recommendation. You were spot on about the condition of the road. I had to be careful as I drive a low slung sedan. Even then, it was easily manageable and the only stretch of bad road for the entire journey.
You're welcome. But then isn't helping each other the whole purpose of this forum ? :-)

Quote:
While tarmac quality of Kanakpura road is excellent, I have to say you slow down considerably after Kanakpura town, heading towards Bangalore, as I observed last evening. Did not notice this all that much on the way out as we left at 630am. It was a pleasant drive.
Yes, traffic on Kanakapura road has increased tremendously over the past couple of years - especially in the evenings. May be the roadwork on the Nanjangud-Gundlupet section is having an effect as well causing travellers to seek alternate roads.

Quote:
On the way back, I went via the small town of Talakadu as the little by pass road was quite bad. Added just a wee bit more in terms of distance.
Yes - that short cut doesn't save much in terms of time. Going via the town adds another 1 km to the distance, but it's definitely a better option considering the state of that "bypass".
Old 6th February 2017, 16:51   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone taken this route recently, Bangalore - Kollegal - Germalam - Dhimbham? If so, how is the road condition? Especially the Kollegal - Germalam - Dhimbham stretch .
Old 8th May 2017, 14:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Has anyone taken this route recently, Bangalore - Kollegal - Germalam - Dhimbham? If so, how is the road condition? Especially the Kollegal - Germalam - Dhimbham stretch .
Did you try this route ? any feedback on roads, safety etc.
I want to try this route for a drive to Coimbatore from Bangalore.
Old 8th May 2017, 14:58   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkrish View Post
Did you try this route ? any feedback on roads, safety etc.
I want to try this route for a drive to Coimbatore from Bangalore.
Yes, we took this route and the road condition is good. You can find more information and few pics here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4148376
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks