Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 14:02   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickzCar View Post
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Wasn't aware of these new rules! Will tc
Old 5th September 2009, 22:00   #17

Thanks Gentlemen,

Finally returned from Manali and what a trip it was. Started on Thursday at 6 from Gurgaon, halted at Karnal at 9 at Haveli. Started at 10 again and was in Chandigarh by 12. Till Chandigarh, road are absolutely perfect. After entering Chandigarh, took left from Tribune Chowk and continued till I reached Kharar.

From Kharar, continued onto Ropar side. Road were broken due to rain coupled with road widening work, it was not a good rive, though there stretches in between which were OK. Then after Kiratpur, took a right and the hill drive started. Roads were really good for most of the journey, with in between patches of turbulence.

Halted at Bilaspur, and as hvkumar has mentioned, the HPTDC resort at Bilaspur was awsome. Initially I had planned to drive till Mandi, but after seeing the view, just decided to halt for the night. Rooms were descent and so was the food.

Next morning, started from Bilaspur and drove to manali in about 4 hours. The roads were really smooth after Bilaspur. Manali was an awsome place and I just loved the natural beauty.

Must visit places to eat out are
--Il Ferno- authentic pizza's
--Johnsons Cafe- try out there baked trout and lamb lasagne
--Chopsticks and Yangkhor (in Old Manali)- for tibetian food
--Pizza Olive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks