Team-BHP - The Air Travel & Airports Discussion Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   The Air Travel & Airports Discussion Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/63892-air-travel-airports-discussion-thread-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 1513559)
You need to switch at terminal 5 which is no bad thing. My main reason for flying BA. However, you got to pay to choose your seat nowadays!

Cool @T5. Any definite not-to-be-missed's at T5?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1513674)
i fly BA because it is the only one to offer Chennai/Heathrow direct, and the others don't seem to offer any financial incentive for the nuisance and delay of a change. I don't fly very often (twice in the last 12 months is unusually often for me) but have generally found BA to be the cheapest.

Ohkay. So, maybe BA has such an impeccable record for your baggage because your flights are direct? I hope they do the same for me as well. I'll pack an extra pair of clothes n essentials in hand baggage anyway. Too bad about the no-liquids-on-board part though.

Quote:

So, maybe BA has such an impeccable record for your baggage because your flights are direct?
I'm sure it helps!

The liquids thing will be down to airport, national and international restrictions, rather than the airline

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1513697)
I read in the papers today there was a scuffle between the pilots and the crew in mid air whilst flying Sharjah and Lucknow. God save us all. For all those in favour of the safest mode of transport, think again.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | India pilots in mid-air 'scuffle'

seen as a joke airline, on a par with aeroflot and tinpot air. last time i flew air india, the food wasn't fit for a dog, plane was dirty, the staff quite obviously had better things to do than their paid jobs.

i'd rather pay for a seat on air al-queda than a free one with air india.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jai-uno-t (Post 1514188)

seen as a joke airline, on a par with aeroflot and tinpot air. last time i flew air india, the food wasn't fit for a dog, plane was dirty, the staff quite obviously had better things to do than their paid jobs.

lol 5 star comment! :Drl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharanidharang (Post 1504681)
thanks cooldude. Anybody experienced Emirates in this route ?

I've flown the Dubai to Newark direct flight and it was great. It doesn't feel much longer then a Hyd to London flight but when you land you are already in the US. Great flight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 1513742)
you guys are scaring me now, seriously.

I am flying AirIndia on 14th from LHR to DEL and its my first time with AirIndia and i am very apprehensive about this flight.

Now i am cursing myself why i went for this very cheap ticket.:Frustrati

Quote:

We haven't flown Air India since the early '90's probably, as we started to notice the decline in service and food overall. In any case, you'll be ok, just know what to expect and hopefully it'll be better then you think it will.

BTW, we are trying Etihad for the first time this year coming to Hyd. I'll let you all know how our experiences are when I/we get there this Dec.

How about International budget airline like Air Asia and Tiger Airways?
Are they worth it if their fares are about 25% lesser than others?

My parants took emirates (MAA-DXB-JFK), and had no issues. Changing flights are easy in Dubai,and the flights are 99% on time.If you directly call up emirates helpline to book tickets, you will get a better deal.

What are the best airliens (with decent price and may not the cheapest)to fly following routes?

Bom- Sigapore - Bom

Bom -London- Bom

?

Quote:

It might have been a joke if it were not so hideous. Forget the stale dog-food, filthy planes which stink to the high heavens, broken seats, 'duct-tape' interiors, non-existant IFE etc. what gets your goat is the attitude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrishig (Post 1517205)
What are the best airliens (with decent price and may not the cheapest)to fly following routes?

Bom- Sigapore - Bom

Bom -London- Bom

?

BOM-SIN-BOM: Best airline touching Sin is Singapore Airlines.

BOM-LHR-BOM: Stay away from AI and go in for the fastest (direct) flight, if you do not mind one transfer you could try Lufthansa.

Cheers,

Singapore Changi Airport

Long Layover tips

If you want to sit quietly and maybe work on your laptop -Terminal 3 - great comfy chairs, lunge like atmosphere

Street type food - Terminal 2 food court . T3 is more restaraunt created stuff

Shopping - Terminal 2 is more interestng especially electronics

Now wireless surfng is free. Go to an infomration counter, present your passport and they will give you a log in ID

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPP (Post 1514387)
We haven't flown Air India since the early '90's probably, as we started to notice the decline in service and food overall.

I prefer Air India for the food, atleast you can eat it. Last trip, took Air France, the food was simply bad. Luckily had some snacks that helped me survive till Houston. What I liked was the seats, In Flight entertainment and the white wine.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 1554018)
Singapore Changi Airport
Now wireless surfng is free. Go to an infomration counter, present your passport and they will give you a log in ID

Last time I visited, it was open. I logged in using my phone.

Now for all those who are apprehensive about Air India due to all the bad publicity this airline is getting.

Positives :Negatives :
But overall, i am very very pleased with Air India, it can be due to the fact that i had a bad impression of the AirIndia after reading so many bad reviews. And now i know people are just bad mouthing AirIndia without even trying it.

They have a lot to improve upon specially in the areas of Customer Satisfaction and i hope they do.

It was a total VFM flight and i would not be shy of trying Air India again.At the price they charge, its a steal. I paid 312£ for the round trip while for same BA and Virgin Atlantic were charging around 500£.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 1554059)
I prefer Air India for the food, atleast you can eat it. Last trip, took Air France, the food was simply bad. Luckily had some snacks that helped me survive till Houston. What I liked was the seats, In Flight entertainment and the white wine.:D

I'm never gonna use AF again!Same thing here, apart from the horrible food the seats were cramped, the staff lousy and the delays were crazy! Had a tough time, given that there was no consideration or help extended when travelling with a 4-months pregnant wife! When I asked the steward for some snacks, all he had was 1 apple to spare! I'd expect a bit more of quality service for the price I pay for these tickets. Costs anywhere upto $3500 for a pair!:Frustrati
Back to Lufthansa it is! (or maybe BA, next time).

one query --
If anyone has ECR stamped on his passport and he want to travel to Malaysia, what are procedures for this ECR affair?

I think ECNR is thing of past. Should be easy to get ECR stamp nullified.