Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2009, 15:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You need to switch at terminal 5 which is no bad thing. My main reason for flying BA. However, you got to pay to choose your seat nowadays!
Cool @T5. Any definite not-to-be-missed's at T5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
i fly BA because it is the only one to offer Chennai/Heathrow direct, and the others don't seem to offer any financial incentive for the nuisance and delay of a change. I don't fly very often (twice in the last 12 months is unusually often for me) but have generally found BA to be the cheapest.
Ohkay. So, maybe BA has such an impeccable record for your baggage because your flights are direct? I hope they do the same for me as well. I'll pack an extra pair of clothes n essentials in hand baggage anyway. Too bad about the no-liquids-on-board part though.
Old 4th October 2009, 15:57   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, maybe BA has such an impeccable record for your baggage because your flights are direct?
I'm sure it helps!

The liquids thing will be down to airport, national and international restrictions, rather than the airline
Old 4th October 2009, 22:47   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I read in the papers today there was a scuffle between the pilots and the crew in mid air whilst flying Sharjah and Lucknow. God save us all. For all those in favour of the safest mode of transport, think again.
BBC NEWS | South Asia | India pilots in mid-air 'scuffle'

seen as a joke airline, on a par with aeroflot and tinpot air. last time i flew air india, the food wasn't fit for a dog, plane was dirty, the staff quite obviously had better things to do than their paid jobs.

i'd rather pay for a seat on air al-queda than a free one with air india.
Old 5th October 2009, 01:16   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai-uno-t View Post

seen as a joke airline, on a par with aeroflot and tinpot air. last time i flew air india, the food wasn't fit for a dog, plane was dirty, the staff quite obviously had better things to do than their paid jobs.

lol 5 star comment!
Old 5th October 2009, 03:00   #95
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
thanks cooldude. Anybody experienced Emirates in this route ?
I've flown the Dubai to Newark direct flight and it was great. It doesn't feel much longer then a Hyd to London flight but when you land you are already in the US. Great flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
you guys are scaring me now, seriously.

I am flying AirIndia on 14th from LHR to DEL and its my first time with AirIndia and i am very apprehensive about this flight.

Now i am cursing myself why i went for this very cheap ticket.
Quote:

We haven't flown Air India since the early '90's probably, as we started to notice the decline in service and food overall. In any case, you'll be ok, just know what to expect and hopefully it'll be better then you think it will.

BTW, we are trying Etihad for the first time this year coming to Hyd. I'll let you all know how our experiences are when I/we get there this Dec.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:26   #96
Senior - BHPian

How about International budget airline like Air Asia and Tiger Airways?
Are they worth it if their fares are about 25% lesser than others?
Old 5th October 2009, 21:28   #97
BHPian

My parants took emirates (MAA-DXB-JFK), and had no issues. Changing flights are easy in Dubai,and the flights are 99% on time.If you directly call up emirates helpline to book tickets, you will get a better deal.
Old 6th October 2009, 17:21   #98
BHPian

What are the best airliens (with decent price and may not the cheapest)to fly following routes?

Bom- Sigapore - Bom

Bom -London- Bom

?
Old 6th October 2009, 20:35   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It might have been a joke if it were not so hideous. Forget the stale dog-food, filthy planes which stink to the high heavens, broken seats, 'duct-tape' interiors, non-existant IFE etc. what gets your goat is the attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
What are the best airliens (with decent price and may not the cheapest)to fly following routes?

Bom- Sigapore - Bom

Bom -London- Bom

?
BOM-SIN-BOM: Best airline touching Sin is Singapore Airlines.

BOM-LHR-BOM: Stay away from AI and go in for the fastest (direct) flight, if you do not mind one transfer you could try Lufthansa.

Cheers,
Old 28th October 2009, 19:47   #100
Team-BHP Support

Singapore Changi Airport

Long Layover tips

If you want to sit quietly and maybe work on your laptop -Terminal 3 - great comfy chairs, lunge like atmosphere

Street type food - Terminal 2 food court . T3 is more restaraunt created stuff

Shopping - Terminal 2 is more interestng especially electronics

Now wireless surfng is free. Go to an infomration counter, present your passport and they will give you a log in ID
Old 28th October 2009, 20:07   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
We haven't flown Air India since the early '90's probably, as we started to notice the decline in service and food overall.
I prefer Air India for the food, atleast you can eat it. Last trip, took Air France, the food was simply bad. Luckily had some snacks that helped me survive till Houston. What I liked was the seats, In Flight entertainment and the white wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Singapore Changi Airport
Now wireless surfng is free. Go to an infomration counter, present your passport and they will give you a log in ID
Last time I visited, it was open. I logged in using my phone.
Old 28th October 2009, 20:32   #102
Senior - BHPian

Review of Air India on Sector LHR-DEL-LHR

Now for all those who are apprehensive about Air India due to all the bad publicity this airline is getting.

Positives :
  • Plane was gud i.e. Boeing 77, no vibrations like old 747s.
  • Seats had enough legroom for me and i am 6'1, of course you cannot compare Economy class seat-pitch to Business or Ist class.
  • In Flight Entertainment worked just fine and in both my flights i never found anyone complaining.
  • Now the best part, Food was awesome compared to other european airlines, food was heavenly.
  • And the much talked about Air-hostesses aka Aunties were so happy to give me lot of extra drinks and more food.
  • Both flights reached before time, LHR-DEL reached 25 mins early and DEL-LHR reached 15 mins early.
  • Not even a single Toilet backed out during these 2 flights and i made a point to try all of them.
Negatives :
  • Customer Service is pathetic, if you need to change dates/other inquiries.
  • Ground Staff has a very Sarkari attitude and they dont believe in taking any initiative to please customers.
  • Crowd was a bit off on both flights and nobody from the crew gave a damn about telling people to be quiet and let others have a nice flight.
But overall, i am very very pleased with Air India, it can be due to the fact that i had a bad impression of the AirIndia after reading so many bad reviews. And now i know people are just bad mouthing AirIndia without even trying it.

They have a lot to improve upon specially in the areas of Customer Satisfaction and i hope they do.

It was a total VFM flight and i would not be shy of trying Air India again.At the price they charge, its a steal. I paid 312£ for the round trip while for same BA and Virgin Atlantic were charging around 500£.

Thanks

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 28th October 2009 at 20:34.
Old 29th October 2009, 00:11   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I prefer Air India for the food, atleast you can eat it. Last trip, took Air France, the food was simply bad. Luckily had some snacks that helped me survive till Houston. What I liked was the seats, In Flight entertainment and the white wine.
I'm never gonna use AF again!Same thing here, apart from the horrible food the seats were cramped, the staff lousy and the delays were crazy! Had a tough time, given that there was no consideration or help extended when travelling with a 4-months pregnant wife! When I asked the steward for some snacks, all he had was 1 apple to spare! I'd expect a bit more of quality service for the price I pay for these tickets. Costs anywhere upto $3500 for a pair!
Back to Lufthansa it is! (or maybe BA, next time).
Old 1st November 2009, 10:11   #104
Senior - BHPian

one query --
If anyone has ECR stamped on his passport and he want to travel to Malaysia, what are procedures for this ECR affair?
Old 1st November 2009, 11:15   #105
Senior - BHPian

I think ECNR is thing of past. Should be easy to get ECR stamp nullified.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks