Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 19:03   #166
MCR
BHPian

Horrible experience with Emirates

Travelled on Emirates to Germany on 03.03.2010. BLR-DXB-MUC. The nightmare started right at the check-in counter. The check-in staff was at its uncourteous best. The person was bending and folding my passport and even upon request, did not stop doing the same. He threw the passport on the table with boarding pass after check-in process. He was totallz uncourteous with referring to me as 'you' in the entire process. I even requested him to address me by my name, but still he seem to not understand. I requested to speak to his supervisor for which he told ' you can speak to who ever you want'. later one Mr.Pradeep, came up telling he was the supervisor and tols 'sorry' for the inconvenience and promised action against this person. Boarded the flight at 3.35 AM. After the boarding process, the captain anoced some computer problem had cropped up and departure would be delayed by ten minutes. But the departure happened only at 5.30 AM. All the while no information from the captain.The flight landed at DXB at 8.00 am DXB time. My connecting flight was at 9.10 AM but the ground staff were nowhere to be found and many people missed their flights. Somehow manged to run and board the DXB-MUC flight. That flight was also delayed because that some passenger was not willing to fly and airline personnel took some 2 hours to find his baggae and offload the same. The food on this flight was horrible. was served a tortilla as asian veg meal. The staff were uncourteos and incorrigible. Overall a very bad experience.At MUC my baggage landed with a broken wheel.This was not the case when I have travelled with them earlier.

Next time I will defenitely book on Qatar.

Last edited by MCR : 4th March 2010 at 19:05.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:12   #167
Senior - BHPian

Oops, I thought Emirates was a star airline (never flew by EK, but heard good things about them), looks like it is going down...

MCR, for going to Germany, Lufthansa would be a good choice.
Old 4th March 2010, 19:17   #168
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Oops, I thought Emirates was a star airline (never flew by EK, but heard good things about them), looks like it is going down...

MCR, for going to Germany, Lufthansa would be a good choice.
I have travelled on Lufthansa earlier. Its no good either. Totally uncourteous crew. Baggage allowance of 20 kg only. Also no Bangalore - Munich route. Only Delhi - Munich is available.

Emirates service, I think has slipped as their passenger traffic has increased.
Old 4th March 2010, 21:21   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I have travelled on Lufthansa earlier. Its no good either. Totally uncourteous crew. Baggage allowance of 20 kg only. Also no Bangalore - Munich route. Only Delhi - Munich is available.

Emirates service, I think has slipped as their passenger traffic has increased.
Thats gotta be one off-flight, IMO. I've travelled in Lufthansa for over 8 years, and everytime the service has been good. My whole family uses LH, and no one has ever had issues.The tickets are pricey in the US-B'lore sector, so I haven't used them in over 2 years now.
The only option you'd have is to do BLR-Frankfurt and then the next hop to Munich.
Old 8th March 2010, 00:07   #170

Need your help guys. I am really confused about this ECR/ECNR thing. I will be working from our Kuala Lumpur office for a period of 6 months starting May 2010 and I am not sure whether my passport status is ECR or ECNR.

I am attaching a picture of the 3rd and 4th page of my passport. Anyone who has idea about this please help.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
The Air Travel & Airports Discussion Thread-01.jpg  

Old 8th March 2010, 00:26   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Thats gotta be one off-flight, IMO. I've travelled in Lufthansa for over 8 years, and everytime the service has been good. My whole family uses LH, and no one has ever had issues.The tickets are pricey in the US-B'lore sector, so I haven't used them in over 2 years now.
The only option you'd have is to do BLR-Frankfurt and then the next hop to Munich.
I agree !!
I have travelled in Lufthansa (Blr - FRA, Kolkata - FRA, FRA-Delhi) but I had wonderful experience with them. Food was also very good.
My wife travelled with our infant kid alone from US to Blr and they did take care of her during the flight.

Infact, I have a friend who often use EK (Houston - DXB - Kolkata) route and had been a fan of it for its excellent customer service and food.

I am sure MCR had a very off day on that travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental4vray View Post
Need your help guys. I am really confused about this ECR/ECNR thing. I will be working from our Kuala Lumpur office for a period of 6 months starting May 2010 and I am not sure whether my passport status is ECR or ECNR.

I am attaching a picture of the 3rd and 4th page of my passport. Anyone who has idea about this please help.

Thanks
Mental, dont worry. your ECNR need to be stamped but i guess that is not required now. Generally that page is stamped as deleted and another stamp "ECNR" should be there. Anyway to be on the safe side, When did u do this passport? Did you book your passport before you had a bachelors degree?

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 8th March 2010 at 00:32.
Old 8th March 2010, 00:37   #172

@akroy - hey thanks for the prompt reply buddy, appreciate it.

Yes my passport was issued before I got my bachelor's degree (Issued in Aug 2004)

To be on the safe side should I go ahead and finish up the ECNR process??

Last edited by mental4vray : 8th March 2010 at 00:46.
Old 8th March 2010, 07:51   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

@MCR: Do try Lufthansa out. Have been using their flight for 3 years now, and I have seen big differences with regard to service, food, entertainment.
In fact, I personally find it better than AI and BA.

I recently flew AI and though it was a good experience, it was one I would never want to repeat ever again.
Old 8th March 2010, 08:44   #174
Senior - BHPian

Kingfisher flight London - Mumbai

Kingfisher airlines: London Heathrow - Mumbai Dt: 04th March 2010. Class: Business. Flight no IT 008

I was dreading to go by Kingfisher because of the bad taste still left in my mouth about the last trip. Kept my fingers crossed hpoing that things might have changed although reaching back home was on mind completely.
To start with the check in process at terminal 4 at heathrow was smooth. The "gori" at the counter was in a real hurry to give me a boarding pass and info regarding the lounge and boarding gate. The lounge near Gate 10 operated by Eitahad airways was spacious and good, but no Indian Food. All I could eat was a packet of chips and a cup of coffee. Spent a good 2 hrs in the lounge.
The boarding at Gate 8 was not opened till 1935 whereas the actual boarding was at 1925. Once opened there was a scramble and luckily I happened to be the first one to board the aircraft. Once inside my hear sank, situation status quo. Nothing had changed. Same crampy seats. Same artifical smiles by hostesses. Finally the flight took off at 2025 its scheduled time. The dinner affair was same. Flashy silver thalis with undigestable food. Finished off the formalities and crashed to sleep. Was woken up by the hostess 1 hr before landing. landed at Mumbai at 1030 hrs a whole 30 min before schedule. I cud not believe it. The passage through the customs was smooth. All in all the flight was below ordinary experience.
Old 8th March 2010, 08:49   #175
Senior - BHPian

BA Experience

I just did a round trip to US in BA. So thought to mention a two liner about my experience.
BLR-London-Chicago
On-time Departure and Arrival was early then scheduled in both the places.
Air Crew were courteous except for the Indian orgin crew.
No issues with Baggage handling.

New York-London-BLR.
On-time Departure and Arrival was again early then scheduled. In fact it was full 30 mins ahead of scheduled arrival in BLR.
I had the opportunity to get the same air crew who flew from BLR to London. So it was the same treatment.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:02   #176
BHPian

Quote:
@akroy - hey thanks for the prompt reply buddy, appreciate it.

Yes my passport was issued before I got my bachelor's degree (Issued in Aug 2004)

To be on the safe side should I go ahead and finish up the ECNR process??
In this case you have to resubmit your passport to get rid of ECR status. They will cross it with the pen. And will put another stamp saying ECNR. with the sign of officer of passport office. I had the same thing. I got it rectified. Just in case you want to see how it looks like i can attach pics as well.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:07   #177

@Car-e-ok : thanks a lot. Would be great if you can attach pics.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:08   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did the same thing 2 months ago.
I looked at my PP and it was the exact thing as yours.
Your present status is ECR according to your passport.

Deleting this page and getting an ECNR stamp is very simple.
It is under Miscellaneous services at your RPO - a one day service.
I stood in the queue, filled a miscellaneous form (download it), submitted my PP with xeroxes of my passport and degree certificates and paid Rs. 300.
Collected my passport the same evening from the RPO.
Long sweaty queue, but 1 days job.
Do you need an ECNR stamp to enter KL? I will be transiting through KL in May.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:01   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Do you need an ECNR stamp to enter KL? I will be transiting through KL in May.
If you have tourist visa and return ticket, then no need to worry.
Passport holder with ECR stamp can leave the country with tourist visa and return ticket showing at immigration counters in India.

In case of business or work visa, you have to get ECNR stamp.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:14   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
I just did a round trip to US in BA. So thought to mention a two liner about my experience.
BLR-London-Chicago
On-time Departure and Arrival was early then scheduled in both the places.
Air Crew were courteous except for the Indian orgin crew.

New York-London-BLR.
On-time Departure and Arrival was again early then scheduled. In fact it was full 30 mins ahead of scheduled arrival in BLR.
I had the opportunity to get the same air crew who flew from BLR to London. So it was the same treatment.
Hopefully they live up to what you just wrote. Thanks for the update , BA = Baggage Afterwards and I am flying the same route as you in 3 days time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks