Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2015, 21:29   #811
BHPian

re: The Air Travel & Airports Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
A simple Google search would have thrown up this link:

http://www.csia.in/passenger/inter-t...transfers.aspx

It is a service that's been in existence at least for 20 years, which is the limit of my memory.

Also, Mumbai's cab service is quite honest and decent; no need to run them down.
Sorry if I touched raw nerve. I had no intention to run down any one. kaali peeli is a official option in OLA app. I have also heard good things about mumbai taxi drivers. I was more looking for any recent experiences of folks using the airport shuttle bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Kaali-peeli means black and yellow in Hindi and refers to the Mumbai taxi which sports those colours. I doubt very much it is used or meant in any derogatory sense.
Thanks noopster for coming to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
There is the airport shuttle, but I've heard it takes a while and operates every half an hour (maybe 15 mins now). I'd suggest you just call an Uber and save yourself all the hassle.
Thats a good option as well. Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 12:14   #812
Senior - BHPian

I was trying to book 2 tickets from Aeroflot but their website doesn't accept American Express cards. Primary reason I wanted to book from the airline directly was because it gave me the option of choosing seats. If I book through makemytrip or cleartrip I don't get the option to choose seats.

What are my options here?
Old 29th June 2015, 13:02   #813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I was trying to book 2 tickets from Aeroflot but their website doesn't accept American Express cards. Primary reason I wanted to book from the airline directly was because it gave me the option of choosing seats. If I book through makemytrip or cleartrip I don't get the option to choose seats.

What are my options here?
I'm pretty sure you will still be able to choose seats even while booking through a third party website. You will get the airline pnr number, with which you can then manage your booking on the airlines website, and choose your seats or select any other services needed.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 15:38   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'm pretty sure you will still be able to choose seats even while booking through a third party website. You will get the airline pnr number, with which you can then manage your booking on the airlines website, and choose your seats or select any other services needed.
After haggling with numerous travel e-brokers and their pathetic customer service for the last 2-3 hours, I found the option of Amex travel, I had no clue it existed.

Seems like I got a price better than any of the brokers or the airline itself (including their booking fee).

Not to mention, went ahead and booked the preferred seats also on the airline website!
Old 29th June 2015, 22:21   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
For staying at Airport you don't need a Visa but if you want to go out you will need one , I will suggest you to reconsider this connection 11 hours are too long specially after a 9 hour flight and an equal flight ahead even if you are traveling in business .. check this

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guid...ter/index.html
I did some research and what i found is that the terminal is closed at night and they wont let you stay in, in case my flight gets delayed, ill be detained

I am going to apply for a transit Visa. They just take 3 working days and Rs 50

The flight schedule does not disturb my sleep pattern, as both are night ones. Will have 11 hours to explore Narita. Ill manage with the sleep i think
Old 29th July 2015, 16:51   #816
BHPian

What are some affordable options to fly to Toronto from Hyderabad? I don't want to fly with British Airways as there was subtle racism in the way I was treated the last couple of times I did fly with them.

I'd also want to avoid Heathrow if possible.

I'm leaning towards Emirates or Etihaad as they seem to have only 1 stop-over, but they're expensive. Any other options that I might have?
Old 29th July 2015, 21:11   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
What are some affordable options to fly to Toronto from Hyderabad? I don't want to fly with British Airways as there was subtle racism in the way I was treated the last couple of times I did fly with them.

I'm leaning towards Emirates or Etihaad as they seem to have only 1 stop-over, but they're expensive. Any other options that I might have?

Jet Airways flies to Toronto, though taking that would mean you have to fly via either Mumbai or Delhi. Did you try Turkish, Qatar or Lufthansa?

Not sure about prices.
Old 30th July 2015, 15:31   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any other options that I might have?
Fewer international options from HYD limit your choice. I second reverse_gear in trying from Delhi. I see Lufthansa, Swissair among the results sorted by price with decent layover timings.
Old 31st July 2015, 02:25   #819
Senior - BHPian

If you ar open to flying from DEL there is a direct Air Canada flight to Toronto.

For cheaper options Turkish airlines can be an option or you can look Eastwards and fly using Korean or Malaysian airlines.

Quote:

Old 31st July 2015, 06:23   #820
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you ar open to flying from DEL there is a direct Air Canada flight to Toronto.
not yet - i think they are going to start in November 15
Quote:
I don't want to fly with British Airways as there was subtle racism in the way I was treated
Were you in coach - if Yes than its more a norm not from color per se , just the way they treat economy class passengers . You will be better off in Middle East or Desi carriers . For such long distance flights , saving couple of thousands might not be actually worth given the hassles or extra hours of flying time via longer routes . If difference is not much stick to the shortest flight - take your own food as I do occasionally
Old 31st July 2015, 09:48   #821
BHPian

@All, thanks guys. I'll see what options I have with non-BA carriers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Were you in coach - if Yes than its more a norm not from color per se , just the way they treat economy class passengers .
Yes, I was in economy. But the attitude and body language towards white people was very different from how they treated brown ones. It was evident it wasn't just me, as some of them who are proper Londoners were treated equally bad. If this had happened once, I'd have probably brushed it aside as an exception. But both ways I noticed the same attitude.
Old 1st August 2015, 23:35   #822
BHPian

Though this topic is created for discussing air travel, please entertain my question here since I couldn't find a generic topic on TBHP that discusses about hotels in other countries.

--

I am going on a holiday to Russia in the first week of October. Can someone recommend me a good hotel in the city centre? I have shortlisted 'Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya', 'InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel' and 'Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow'. Any other options that one can suggest?
Old 4th September 2015, 13:44   #823
BHPian

Guys,

I have a query with respect to passport re-issue. I have an Indian passport and its valid till 2019 with various Visas valid till 2020. It has god 2 or 3 full pages remaining, rest are all exhausted.

1. I was wondering if I can apply for re-issuing of passport now. I got to know that some countries do not accept passport with less than 2 blank pages to stamp visa. I do not have any travels planned for the next couple of months so was thinking of getting ready with new passport. My visa I am sure will still be valid, I will have to carry the new passport along with the old ones?

2. And if I do get new passport, and I do not get any new visa but travel to the country for which I already have Visa, I guess I still need to carry the new passport as my old one would stand cancelled.
Old 4th September 2015, 13:59   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Guys,

I have a query with respect to passport re-issue.
Page exhaustion is a valid reason for seeking passport re issuance.
Once you get your new passport, you have to carry your old and new passport till the time all your visas in the old passport are expired.
Old 4th September 2015, 14:12   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Guys,

I have a query with respect to passport re-issue. I have an Indian passport and its valid till 2019 with various Visas valid till 2020. It has god 2 or 3 full pages remaining, rest are all exhausted.

1. I was wondering if I can apply for re-issuing of passport now. I got to know that some countries do not accept passport with less than 2 blank pages to stamp visa. I do not have any travels planned for the next couple of months so was thinking of getting ready with new passport. My visa I am sure will still be valid, I will have to carry the new passport along with the old ones?
Of course you can. There is an option specifically available in Passport seva website for exhaustion of pages. I did this recently for my dad. But he had the police verification hassle for some reason even though there was no change in any details.
TheInterceptor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks