Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 15:18   #691
BHPian

re: The Air Travel & Airports Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ Very unfortunate, Sportygellar. Am moving your post to this popular thread since it has a higher chance of being spotted by frequent travelers who may be able to help better.

Have you tried reaching out to the company directly? Link

You must surely be having a receipt for the 50,000 your friend paid? Please approach the travel agent management with the full details and proof- am sure this matter can be easily resolved. Alterbatively there is no harm is seeking legal counsel and approaching the police to report this, if you suspect a fraud.
Yes he has a receipt of the 50k which was paid. Tried reaching the registered office which is in Kochi over the mail id which is mentioned on their website but Google fails to deliver the mail saying the Email ID does not exist.

Since Mahesh's phone is switched off from One month and the Email ID not existing is leading me to suspect a Fraud.
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:40   #692
BHPian

Hi guys,

I need some information on the best way to travel from Bombay to Melbourne (Australia).

1. Which airline is preferable, in terms of service and punctuality ?

2. There are no direct connections from Bombay to Melbourne, so which is the best 'via' route. I don't prefer Delhi (Air India base) so the other options are 'Singapore', 'Kaula lumpur'.

3. This is for my brother who will be travelling as a student and is a first timer to international travel. So the 'via' route preferable should be most user friendly ? we don't want him to be lost in the maze of airport terminals.

4. What is the procedure at the changeover points ?

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:53   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hi guys,

I need some information on the best way to travel from Bombay to Melbourne (Australia).

2. There are no direct connections from Bombay to Melbourne, so which is the best 'via' route. I don't prefer Delhi (Air India base) so the other options are 'Singapore', 'Kaula lumpur'.

3. This is for my brother who will be travelling as a student and is a first timer to international travel. So the 'via' route preferable should be most user friendly ? we don't want him to be lost in the maze of airport terminals.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Both Singapore, Kuala lumpur are good transit points. Airports are very user friendly and directions are marked well.

Malaysia airlines seats are very cramped . I would suggest Emirates , Cathay pacific or Singapore Airlines.

Choose a single airline for the entire journey. Because in case of delays and missed flights they will accommodate you on next flights. Singapore airlines has top notch customer service and very punctual as well

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 23rd September 2014 at 14:59.
Old 23rd September 2014, 15:15   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Regards
Dieseltuned
2. Malaysia airline seats are not that cramped AND they are safe. I've flown 100+ flights with them so you can trust me on that one. I flew MEL-KUL-MAA in Jun with family. I'm 5'11 and am overweight.
2. Only issue is that the BOM flight has a half hour delay regularly (DEL and MAA are always before time). So if the connection is short, he may have to run. But rest assured, MH staff will be waiting at the gate to guide him to run to gate if things get hot. The kangaroo routes are super profitable and super priority for them.
3. He just gets out of his flight from Mumbai and runs to the gate where the MEL flight is boarding. No security, nothing to clear, no terminal to change. Same terminal only. The cutoff point at the boarding gate is 15 mins before departure time.

IMHO Air India shouldnt be that bad - its quite decent overall, and delhi is a world class airport. but its your choice. AI isnt too cheap either.

MH is overall good value. I would recommend it.
Old 24th September 2014, 13:56   #695
BHPian

Thanks Guys for your response,

Had 1 query more please.

If we choose Air India which has a BOM_DEL_MEL flight, will the immigration be handled at Bombay airport or Delhi Airport ?

I am guessing Air India flies local BOM_DEL and transfers the passengers to a dreamliner at Delhi. Please correct me if I am wrong !

regards
Ritesh
Old 24th September 2014, 14:00   #696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Guys for your response,

Had 1 query more please.

If we choose Air India which has a BOM_DEL_MEL flight, will the immigration be handled at Bombay airport or Delhi Airport ?

I am guessing Air India flies local BOM_DEL and transfers the passengers to a dreamliner at Delhi. Please correct me if I am wrong !

regards
Ritesh
I'm not sure but I think it'll be a normal flight to DEL and then a 787 to MEL. So immigration should be handled at DEL itself.

But that'll be a long flight, and I would suggest you go via Malaysia or Singapore. It splits up the times cramped up in the economy seat, and IMO its just easier + better service than the maharaja.

But then again it all depends on what prices you are getting.
Old 24th September 2014, 14:07   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'm not sure but I think it'll be a normal flight to DEL and then a 787 to MEL. So immigration should be handled at DEL itself.

But that'll be a long flight, and I would suggest you go via Malaysia or Singapore. It splits up the times cramped up in the economy seat, and IMO its just easier + better service than the maharaja.

But then again it all depends on what prices you are getting.
Thanks akshay,

I am very much against doing the immigration at Delhi, coz of some past experiences wherein my office colleagues were grilled like unwanted rodents, inspite of having all the docs and that too while moving out of the country on an official company sponsored visas. So, am planning to avoid DEL.

Also Air India charges more than Singapore or malaysian airlines. So combining these 2 factors, I am pretty much avoiding Air India. Looking for a flight in the last week of October or Firt week of November depending on when the visa arrives.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 24th September 2014, 14:11   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am very much against doing the immigration at Delhi, coz of some past experiences wherein my office colleagues were grilled like unwanted rodents, inspite of having all the docs and that too while moving out of the country on an official company sponsored visas. So, am planning to avoid DEL.
If you have an ECNR passport, then in all the airports I have been to immigration simply waves you through. Is that not the case at DEL?
Old 24th September 2014, 14:23   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
If you have an ECNR passport, then in all the airports I have been to immigration simply waves you through. Is that not the case at DEL?
Not sure about this ?

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 24th September 2014, 15:10   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure about this ?
http://www.immihelp.com/nri/ecnr-emm...red-stamp.html

The link explains what ECR/ECNR is. In practical terms, it is something immigration officials use to harass unskilled labourers travelling to middle-east for employment (though the intention behind the requirement is noble).
Old 24th September 2014, 16:17   #701
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Depends what country you are travelling to. For Europe, the USA, and even Australia etc whether the passport is ECR or ECNR shouldn't matter. For places like the Middle East, ECR on the passport can cause some extra questioning. Though I have heard that removing ECR and making it ECNR is quite easy.
Old 24th September 2014, 16:26   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks akshay,

Also Air India charges more than Singapore or malaysian airlines. So combining these 2 factors, I am pretty much avoiding Air India. Looking for a flight in the last week of October or Firt week of November depending on when the visa arrives.

Regards
Dieseltuned
It depends. One reason is ECR. My personal experience is that DEL folks are generally quite decent and competent. I am really really surprised. Do remember that delhi has around 50 counters each for arrival/departure and a few for transit. Most apples are good - your colleagues had the misfortune of meeting the worst ones I guess.

Having said that, you need to check immigration info from the airline. I am not sure but i think AI was at one time planning to introduce immigration clearance at the originating point itself, i.e everyone clears at BOM in your case, and in Delhi you just get security checked and waved through. Else it would become an unnecessary operational constraint on the delhi immigration staff.

I'm not SO sure. Do ask the airline or a trusted agent.
Old 24th September 2014, 19:46   #703
BHPian

Re: BOM-EWR on Jet Airways?

Does any member has a first hand experience of BOM-EWR on Jet Airways? The airline advertise it as non-stop on online travel portals, but heard they have a brief stopover at Brussels.

Please advise.
Old 25th September 2014, 08:41   #704
Senior - BHPian

Re: BOM-EWR on Jet Airways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Does any member has a first hand experience of BOM-EWR on Jet Airways? The airline advertise it as non-stop on online travel portals, but heard they have a brief stopover at Brussels.
Only Air India and United fly non-stop between BOM and EWR. Jet has a stopover at BRU or you could change planes at AUH (Abu Dhabi) into an Etihaad one.
Old 26th September 2014, 14:27   #705
BHPian

Travelling by Air : Me and my 2 year old son : Advice?

Hello All,

I need to travel with my son who is 22 months old. I expect to take the Air Asia from Bangalore to Kochi. His mother cannot join us since she is busy with her thesis submission. I need to take him to see his cousins, who have assembled after a long-long time and we will never get such an opportunity again.

Reasons apart, If a guy has to travel with his baby on a plane, I could think of only the following check points. Parents on the forum, who have taken Babies on flights before, Let me know if you think of something else.

1. Fresh feed material (Cerelac)
2. Water (restricted to 100ml)
3. Change of clothes (For self and Baby)
4. Diapers and wet wipes
5. Proof of age for baby
6. Favourite soft toy(s)
7. Planned pickup/drop at both airports

Is there some way to relieve babies of the ear popping? (other than crying)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks