Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 21:45   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bidar : Route Queries

Has anyone made Hyd-Bidar trip recently? How are the roads?
Old 8th February 2018, 23:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Much as I love Bidar after spending a few years as a teenager there, the roads haven't ever been terribly good. I am not sure if that bypass that cuts off a good few railway gates on the route is done or not, the last time I was there was a year ago.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 15:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
It is 4 laned till Zaheerabad. Zaheerabad has a by-pass. Balance 30 km is 2 laned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Much as I love Bidar after spending a few years as a teenager there, the roads haven't ever been terribly good. I am not sure if that bypass that cuts off a good few railway gates on the route is done or not, the last time I was there was a year ago.
I think the Bidar by-pass too is functional. One can access the fort using the by-pass as well as the Gurdwara.
hyd_traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 21:38   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

A relative has to travel to Bidar from Bengaluru. The best route is Bengaluru-Hyderabad-Bidar. But that involves crossing Andhra Pradesh and Telangana and entering back into Karnataka. Considering the situation, is there a way to obtain Transit pass online?

If that is very problematic, which route from within Karnataka is good?

Bengaluru-Ballari-Lingasugur-Kalburgi- Bidar (Google suggests this)
or
Bengaluru-Chitradurga-Hospete-Lingasugur-Kalburgi-Bidar?

Or, is there any other better suggestion?
Old 29th May 2020, 22:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

The road via Tumakuru - Challakere upto Ballari seems good to me - Not sure what is beyond to Gulbarga and Bidar, but roads near Bidar aren't as good.

Chitradurga and beyond to Hosapete has very heavy traffic and not very good roads as far as I heard on my last trip, not tried personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
A relative has to travel to Bidar from Bengaluru. The best route is Bengaluru-Hyderabad-Bidar. But that involves crossing Andhra Pradesh and Telangana and entering back into Karnataka. Considering the situation, is there a way to obtain Transit pass online?

If that is very problematic, which route from within Karnataka is good?

Bengaluru-Ballari-Lingasugur-Kalburgi- Bidar (Google suggests this)
or
Bengaluru-Chitradurga-Hospete-Lingasugur-Kalburgi-Bidar?

Or, is there any other better suggestion?
Old 1st June 2020, 21:14   #21

I did Chitradurga Hospet in January and the road was pretty good, except for some diversions for bridge/fly over construction
Old 2nd November 2020, 13:58   #22
BHPian

Can anyone please share the latest update on the road condition between Hyderabad and Bidar?
Old 26th November 2020, 19:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Can anyone please share the latest update on the road condition between Hyderabad and Bidar?
I have the same question - has anyone traveled recently? We are planning a trip to Blackbuck resort tomorrow and with the Nivar in between - not sure if thats a good idea. Already booked our stay at the resort and its non refundable.
Old 26th November 2020, 23:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
I have the same question - has anyone traveled recently? We are planning a trip to Blackbuck resort tomorrow and with the Nivar in between - not sure if thats a good idea. Already booked our stay at the resort and its non refundable.
I traveled to Bidar from Hyderabad during this Diwali weekend. Road is fine for most of the route. However, once we took a right turn from the highway on the road to Bidar, the road had potholes at many places and in one such case where I couldn't anticipate it, the suspension of my Seltos complained quite loudly.
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:57   #25
BHPian

Sorry for the late update. I traveled to Bidar from Bangalore via Hyderabad and Zaheerabad. Roads till Zaheerabad are fine, once we take the right exit from Zahirabad, the road condition deteriorates. It's patchy with occasional potholes till KA border. Once in KA, the roads are superb till Bidar town. Inside Bidar town, from NH50 exit, there is road construction going on, roads are not so good. I had my reservation in Black Buck resort which is 18 KM from Bidar. The road section passing through Honnikeri state forest is bad including a diversion. I missed to take right turn towards Honnikeri village and ended up taking a 3 KM pure off road trail inside the forest to reach the resort. Scross passed with flying colors including a small water crossing.
Old 4th January 2022, 14:59   #26
BHPian

If one wants to avoid the bad road from Zaheerabad cross (route shown by Google), one should continue beyond Zaheerabad till Mannaekhelli cross and then turn right. This road is an excellent tolled road, but adds another ~25km over the other route.

My question, places to stay in Bidar. Can you please recommend some decent place to stay near the bus station or railway station?
Old 4th January 2022, 15:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
If one wants to avoid the bad road from Zaheerabad cross (route shown by Google), one should continue beyond Zaheerabad till Mannaekhelli cross and then turn right. This road is an excellent tolled road, but adds another ~25km over the other route.

My question, places to stay in Bidar. Can you please recommend some decent place to stay near the bus station or railway station?
There aren’t many good places in Bidar, still.

Kasturi, Bidar Gateway, Mayura etc are ok ok.

I normally stay in Hyderabad somewhere on the Outer Ring Road and drive down whenever I have work in Bidar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks