Team-BHP - Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/64464-ahmedabad-indore-route-queries-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by princey (Post 3322671)
Any latest inputs on the route. I plan to go to Indore shortly.

If you are traveling from AHM to Indore - Please take the following Route

Ahemdabad - Balasinor NH59 4 laned
Balasinor - Godhara - Dahod - NH 59 4 laned

From Dahod - Meghnagar (Enter MP Border the road is extremely bad for 5 kms)

Meghnagar - Thandla - Petlawad - Badnagar - Ujjain - Two lane excellent road, though the 20+ kms from Meghnagar to Thandla are somewhat bad and confusing.

From Ujjain - Indore - Excellent 4 laned road.

This route is time saving and due to good traffic can be done 24x7.
CAUTION : After turning from Dahod for Meghnagar do not go to Petlavad directly. The route should be exactly - Meghnagar - Thandla and then Petlavad Else you would pass through jungle roads.

Also from the otherwise wholly 2 laned road experience this would be much more better, faster. You wont find good eateries in the major part of Road but Hotel Meghdoot at Ujjain is recommended and so are restaurants at Godhara/Dahod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavtol (Post 3322740)

If you are traveling from AHM to Indore - Please take the following Route

Ahemdabad - Balasinor NH59 4 laned
Balasinor - Godhara - Dahod - NH 59 4 laned

From Dahod - Meghnagar (Enter MP Border the road is extremely bad for 5 kms)

Meghnagar - Thandla - Petlawad - Badnagar - Ujjain - Two lane excellent road, though the 20+ kms from Meghnagar to Thandla are somewhat bad and confusing.

From Ujjain - Indore - Excellent 4 laned road.

This route is time saving and due to good traffic can be done 24x7.
CAUTION : After turning from Dahod for Meghnagar do not go to Petlavad directly. The route should be exactly - Meghnagar - Thandla and then Petlavad Else you would pass through jungle roads.

Also from the otherwise wholly 2 laned road experience this would be much more better, faster. You wont find good eateries in the major part of Road but Hotel Meghdoot at Ujjain is recommended and so are restaurants at Godhara/Dahod.

Thank you for the input.
Most appreciated. Planning to take the trip tomorrow. Regards

Hello everyone.
Bumping up this old thred.
I will be travelling to ahmedabad from Bhopal tomorrow morning, and have no idea about the current state of roads.

Anyone who has recently travelled from bhopal to ahmedabad or vice versa, kindly suggest the best route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk (Post 3546710)
Hello everyone.
Bumping up this old thred.
I will be travelling to ahmedabad from Bhopal tomorrow morning, and have no idea about the current state of roads.

Anyone who has recently travelled from bhopal to ahmedabad or vice versa, kindly suggest the best route.

Instead of taking the NH59 (bad condition), you can take the road via:
- Himmatnagar, Dungarpur Banswara, Ratlam, Badnawar, Ujjain, Dewas, Bhopal.
- Good roads almost all the way (but for some portions around Banswara)
- Route Link

- But please note the section around Banswara needs to driven in a convey (as I remember last). Please confirm that aspect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3546753)

- But please note the section around Banswara needs to driven in a convey (as I remember last). Please confirm that aspect.

Thanks for the prompt response :)
Do I need to worry about the Banswara section even if I travel during day time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk (Post 3546839)

During day time it should be fine. Beyond Banwara towards Ratlam its OK. I dont know about Bansware-Dungarpur section. I think during day it should be fine. But lets just double check on that. (Have asked HVK to help).
Lets wait for his response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3546937)
During day time it should be fine. Beyond Banwara towards Ratlam its OK. I dont know about Bansware-Dungarpur section. I think during day it should be fine. But lets just double check on that. (Have asked HVK to help).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk (Post 3546839)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3546753)
Instead of taking the NH59 (bad condition), you can take the road via:
- Himmatnagar, Dungarpur Banswara, Ratlam, Badnawar, Ujjain, Dewas, Bhopal.
- Good roads almost all the way (but for some portions around Banswara)
- Route Link

Unfortunately, roads around Banswara are bad towards Himmatnagar.

2 other options:

First, continue on NH59 via Jhabua till Petlavad to Badhnawar. Saves you some bad roads.
Second, to go via Halol, Alirajpur to Dhamnod which is a narrow jungle road normally good but could be rough in some sections post-monsoons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3546937)
During day time it should be fine. Beyond Banwara towards Ratlam its OK. I dont know about Bansware-Dungarpur section. I think during day it should be fine. But lets just double check on that. (Haver asked HVK to help).

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 3546968)
Unfortunately, roads around Banswara are bad towards Himmatnagar.

2 other options:

First, continue on NH59 via Jhabua till Petlavad to Badhnawar. Saves you some bad roads.
Second, to go via Halol, Alirajpur to Dhamnod which is a narrow jungle road normally good but could be rough in some sections post-monsoons.

Thanks alot Ampere sir and HVK sir.
I took the NH59 route i.e. Badhnawar-Petlawad-Thandla and then Dahod-Godhra-Balasinor and finally Ahmedabad.
The roads were really good, except for some very small rough patches.
I would advise other Bhpians to take this route without a second thought.

I would like to thank Ampere sir and HVK sir again for the help :)
Cheers :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk (Post 3547418)
Thanks alot Ampere sir and HVK sir.
I took the NH59 route i.e. Badhnawar-Petlawad-Thandla and then Dahod-Godhra-Balasinor and finally Ahmedabad.

I am driving down from Vadodara to Bhopal next week, my query is if we need to take the road from Badnawar-Ujjain-Dewas-Bhopal or you need to go to Dewas Rd via Indore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADI_77 (Post 3663164)
I am driving down from Vadodara to Bhopal next week, my query is if we need to take the road from Badnawar-Ujjain-Dewas-Bhopal or you need to go to Dewas Rd via Indore.

I think Badnawar-Ujjain-Dewas is good road. No need to head to Indore, unless you have work.

Quote:

Vadodara - Godhra - Dahod - Pirak - Meghnagar-Thandla-Petlawad-badnawar-badnagar-Ujjain-devas bypass-Bhopal

Did above route in January first week. Excellent road through out. As far as i remember you don't need to enter meghnagar. Also just as you reach Ujjain do not enter into the city. Continue on Ujjain - Indore road for couple of kms and then take a left on a newly bulit cemented road. This cemented road is of 1 km and joins on the Ujjain Devas road where you take a right for Devas bypass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by columbus (Post 3663466)
Vadodara - Godhra - Dahod - Pirak - Meghnagar-Thandla-Petlawad-badnawar-badnagar-Ujjain-devas bypass-Bhopal

Also just as you reach Ujjain do not enter into the city. Continue on Ujjain - Indore road for couple of kms and then take a left on a newly bulit cemented road. This cemented road is of 1 km and joins on the Ujjain Devas road where you take a right for Devas bypass.

Thanks a lot Columbus, this finally clears all my doubts. I suppose I should be able to do this drive in about 8-9 hrs

Quote:

Sorry for the delayed reply.
As suggested by others, you should avoid going to Indore as it will waste a lot of your time.
All the best for your journey.
Drive safe :)

Dear All

Just back from my M.P trip, as suggested by Columbus I had taken the Vadodara-Halol-Dahod-Petlawad-Badnawar-Barnagar-Ujjain-Dewas Rd-Bhopal. This is a good country road with minimal traffic, did this drive in 9 hrs. While returning back came to Ahmedabad took the right turn after Godhra towards Balasinor-A'bad ring road. The return drive took me 10 hrs.

As of now this remains the best road from Ahmedabad to Indore/Bhopal
Posting some scenic shots of the road

Quote:

Originally Posted by columbus (Post 3663466)

Did above route in January first week. Excellent road through out. As far as i remember you don't need to enter meghnagar. Also just as you reach Ujjain do not enter into the city. Continue on Ujjain - Indore road for couple of kms and then take a left on a newly bulit cemented road. This cemented road is of 1 km and joins on the Ujjain Devas road where you take a right for Devas bypass.

1. can you share exact lat long of the 1km road in Ujjain? Is that 4 lane road that passes near Ujjain Engineering College?

2. Meghnagar to Petlawad, do we take right turn 1 kms before Meghnagar. The yellow state highway as in GMaps?

3. Also, any Information on Jhabua Dhar road? as per my info its almost complete now and can be taken to come till Pithampur. From There Indore Bypass - Dewas (Normally I avoid taking Dewas Bypass while coming from / going to Indore)- Bhopal