Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2010, 16:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevmenon View Post
Instead of Rajapalayalam for the marriage, maybe I should do Chennai/Bangalore/Mysore/Sathy/CBE/Chennai. Any latest updates if the Shivasamudram is gushing with water? So whats the route I need to take? Never been to NICE road. Is it the NH209? I plan to take NH209 from Bangalore to Mysore, then to Ranaganthittu, Srirangapattna, Brindavan Gardens - Come to Kollegal on the NH212 - take the detour to the falls on the NH 209 and return back on the NH209 to Sathy and then to Coimbatore. Is this an ok plan? Are there Sathy forest/border crossing restrictions?
SH17 is Mysore Road, the main highway to Mysore from Bangalore. NH209 is the highway to Coimbatore via Chamarajnagar.

Mysore Road is good, no bad sections. It is also fast, you can do it in 2-3 hours easily.

SR Patna comes on the same highway before Msyore and to go to KRS, you turn off at S R Patna, and you can return direct to Mysore city.

Exiting Mysore towards Chamundi Hills from the Palace is the road to Kollegala. FRom Kollegala you go to Chamarajnagar and proceed to Coimbatore.

There are no night CP timings on the Sathy road, you can drive on it 24x7. Watch out for wildlife on road after Chamarajnagara through Dimbam till Bannari. Traditionally, road is bad in KA side, but I heard it is OK now.

To get to Msyore Road from Hosur side is simple. Take the NICE Road after Electronic City and that will lead you direct to Mysore Road without getting into the Bangalore city mess.

Kumar
Old 15th August 2010, 19:54   #32
BHPian

Thanks HVK. Its clearer now. However there is a twist now. We need to meet 2 people at Bangalore before we proceed. We could start on Thursday at 11:00 am, but meeting them in the evening rush hours could be an issue, but we shall still try to stick to it. Friday morning to Mysore. Friday night - Is there some place to stay in Kollegal or neario ivasamudram as its easy to get into Chamarajnagar and CBE from there on Saturday morning. Sunday morning - CBE to Chennai. What are the other staying options in and around Mysore?
Old 15th August 2010, 21:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

There is a lovely resort near Chamarajnagar. Check out this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...w-bhpians.html

Mysore has lots of hotels, that is the best place to stay in.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:12   #34
BHPian

Chennai to bangalore to reach HSR Layout - Route Query

Hey Guys

I am driving down to bangalore tomorrow morning from Chennai. I have to be at Agara in HSR Layout at around 9 30 am.Would it suffice if I leave around 4 am?Also how do I go to HSR Layout once i reach the outskirts of Bangalore.I am going in my Punto 1.2.

Also, would be trying out the MMI Road Pilot I got a couple of weeks back to see how it works.

Thanks in Anticipation.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Hey Guys

I am driving down to bangalore tomorrow morning from Chennai. I have to be at Agara in HSR Layout at around 9 30 am.Would it suffice if I leave around 4 am?Also how do I go to HSR Layout once i reach the outskirts of Bangalore.I am going in my Punto 1.2.
Easily doable in that time you have mentioned. However be ready to encounter early morning traffic at Silk board Junction.

Once you reach silk-board, take the outer ring road(take a right) and HSR layout will be on your right hand side. There are a few pocket roads you can take along hosur road road after e-city to reach HSR, however there is a good chance that you might loose your way.
So stick to Hosur Road till Silkboard and then drive to HSR.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:08   #36
Team-BHP Support

Take the elevated toll road and you will directly land at Sil board.
Dont take the flyover at Silk board; go below and take right on the ORR. You will hit Agara@HSR.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Take the elevated toll road and you will directly land at Sil board.
Dont take the flyover at Silk board; go below and take right on the ORR. You will hit Agara@HSR.
What is the traffic flow direction on the new underpass at Madivala? Were does that one go?
Old 25th August 2010, 17:21   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
What is the traffic flow direction on the new underpass at Madivala? Were does that one go?
Its in both directions (MG Road and Hosur).

Both sides are open now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...omplete-3.html
Old 25th August 2010, 18:13   #39
BHPian

rjstyles69 & ampere

Thanks so much for your replies.

A small doubt - This elevated toll road , is this the NICE road i keep reading about?After E city I just keep following the road I am on and I would get the elevated toll road?
Old 25th August 2010, 18:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
rjstyles69 & ampere

Thanks so much for your replies.

A small doubt - This elevated toll road , is this the NICE road i keep reading about?After E city I just keep following the road I am on and I would get the elevated toll road?
Elevated toll road is entirely different from NICE road! Elevated toll road is constructed to ease the traffic congestion between E city till Silk Board (on hosur road)
NICE road is the outer-outer ring road around Bangalore. It goes around the out skirts of bangalore and very well planned and NICEly built road!
Old 25th August 2010, 18:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Elevated toll road is entirely different from NICE road! Elevated toll road is constructed to ease the traffic congestion between E city till Silk Board (on hosur road)
NICE road is the outer-outer ring road around Bangalore. It goes around the out skirts of bangalore and very well planned and NICEly built road!
Oh ok!Now I get it.Thanks for your explanation.

Just one last question - Where exactly does this elevated toll road start.Would I be able to spot it easily while driving into blr?I hope I dont sound too silly asking such basic questions!
Old 25th August 2010, 18:44   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh ok!Now I get it.Thanks for your explanation.

Just one last question - Where exactly does this elevated toll road start.Would I be able to spot it easily while driving into blr?I hope I dont sound too silly asking such basic questions!
Right at the E-City entry point on NH7 you would the see green lights for toll both for the elevated road.
Old 25th August 2010, 18:58   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Right at the E-City entry point on NH7 you would the see green lights for toll both for the elevated road.
Ok!Thanks!Would keep a watch out for the green lights!

Never driven che-blr before so quite excited for tomorrows drive!

Thanks everyone!
Old 28th August 2010, 11:35   #44
BHPian

Hey guys

Thanks to everyone for their valuable inputs on route info.

I started from chennai around 4 am and reached agara - hsr layout at 8 30 am.

Did not stop anywhere enroute.

The elevated toll road was amazing.It started to rain heavily as i drove up the bridge and it looked like I was drive someplace abroad.Came down the bridge and took a right and hit agara soon after that.

Planning the same route back to chennai tomorrow.
Old 28th August 2010, 11:39   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey guys

Thanks to everyone for their valuable inputs on route info.

I started from chennai around 4 am and reached agara - hsr layout at 8 30 am.
Wow that was real fast!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks