Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 21:31   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad to Nasik : Route Queries

Dear BHPians,

Can you help me chalk out the route from Hyderabad to Nasik. I may travel there this month end by road. If anyone did this route recently, I'd appreciate the details of road condition.

Is it doable in one stretch, without a break? Only two adults travel. I would also appreciate details of places to eat en route (vegetarians!). Of course, it is not on the top of the agenda. Usually I carry some ready to eat food, either MTR or Aashirward etc. whenever I travel. Found it quite convenient.

Is there anything to worry if one travels in the night in this route? More importantly, should I anticipate any problems with cops in Maharashtra? I hear that cops there have a fascination for AP registered vehicles.

Thanks a lot.
Old 12th September 2009, 21:38   #2

Have look at Road map from hyderabad to nasik? - Yahoo! Answers India
though it is 8 months old, but various persons have given alternate routes. More recent travellers may be in a position to given present condition of the road. For 10 years till last year I had been doing Pune-Nashik once every month and the roads were good.
=shishya=
Old 13th September 2009, 10:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Can you help me chalk out the route from Hyderabad to Nasik.
I can give you details of at least 6 different routes for hyd-nasik.

1] most easy and preferable.
hyd-nh9-solapur-pune-nh50-chakan-sangamner-nasik.
on this route, you will face heavy traffic from solapur onward till chakan and moderate traffic between chakan to sinner. again heavy traffic between sinner to nasik. end to end is national highway.

2] somewhat easy and mostly prefered by hyd people.

hyd-nh9-solapur-nh9-tembhurni-right turn-karamala-ahmadnagar-rahuri-sangamner-sinner-nasik.
solapur to tembhurni-heavy traffic.
tembhurni to rahuri-moderate traffic.
rahuri to sangamner-less traffic
sangamner to sinner-moderate traffic
sinner to nasik--heavy traffic.
tembhurni to rahuri is state highway where 4 laning is going on. so expect lot of diversion. rahuri to sangamner is 2 lane national highway in better condition.

3] easy but unknown to many people.

hyd-solapur-indapur-bhigwan-patas-choufula-right turn-nhavara-left turn-ranjangaon-shikrapur-right turn-chakan-right turn-sangamner-nasik.

in this case, to avoid pune city, take this route.
choufula to ranjangaon is district road with usual problems.

4] not easy, not prefered

hyd-nh9-zahirabad-bidar-udgir-ahmadpur-ambejogai-kej-manjarsumba-patoda-jamkhed-ashti-ahmadnagar-rahuri-sangamner-sinner-nasik.

5] not easy, not prefered

hyd-nh9-omerga-right turn-ausa-latur-ambejogai-manjarsumba-jamkhed-nagar-nasik.

6] not easy, not prefered.

hyd-nh9-naldurg-right turn-tuljapur-vairag-barshi-karamala-nagar-nasik.
Old 14th September 2009, 19:45   #4
BHPian

Thank you very much shishya and ASHISHPALLOD.

I want to start early in the morning and would like to reach Nasik before bedtime! Is it doable?

Considering the fact that I am the driver and the map reader rolled into one, I don't expect any help from my co passenger. Are the signboards unambiguous?

ASHISPALLOD: Which route would you take if you want to reach quickly without wasting much time on the road negotiating potholes and trucks? Can you also please give me an idea regarding the difference in distance between route 1 and 2?

Cheers!
Old 15th September 2009, 09:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
ASHISPALLOD: Which route would you take if you want to reach quickly without wasting much time on the road negotiating potholes and trucks? Can you also please give me an idea regarding the difference in distance between route 1 and 2?
1] route 2 is shorter by 20 km than 1.
2] which route i will prefer? very tough question.
every route has pros and cons. you have to face either traffic or potholes. what is your preference? traffic or potholes?
if you prefer traffic over potholes, then go for route 1 otherwise go for route 2.
as far as i am concerned, i will prefer to go nasik by train.[ there is direct train for nasik from hyd/secunderabad.
Old 15th September 2009, 22:03   #6
BHPian

Can Hyderabad-Tulzapur-Osmanabad-Yermala-Jamkhed-Nagar-Rahuri-Sangamner-Sinner-Nasik be a good alternative?
1) Hyderabad - Tulzapur on NH-9
2) Tulzapur - Yermala on NH211
3) Jamkhed-Nagar-Rahuri-Sangamner-Sinner-Nasik should be mostly good on state highways. I have travelled on some patches on this stretch without any issues. Only uncertain area is Yermala to Nagar.

Advantages:
1) Can avoid Solpaur and Pune cities
2) Can avoid entire stretch between Solapur-Chakan of almost 300 kms
Old 16th September 2009, 09:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_gs1 View Post
Can Hyderabad-Tulzapur-Osmanabad-Yermala-Jamkhed-Nagar-Rahuri-Sangamner-Sinner-Nasik be a good alternative?
Advantages:
1) Can avoid Solpaur and Pune cities
2) Can avoid entire stretch between Solapur-Chakan of almost 300 kms
I give highest priority to safety and route you mentioned does not fit in my criteria.
The route between manjarsuba to nagar is lonely and dacait prone area.
I do not recommend this route to anyone except local people.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:29   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

OT: Ashish, i am surprised you even know about a small place like "Ausa" I've been there once to attend a ceremony as one of the famous gurus of that place is my neighbour in Hyderabad.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
OT: Ashish, i am surprised you even know about a small place like "Ausa"
Avi,
no surprise, my native is ahmadpur, dist. latur though i left that place 20 years ago.
I still visit those places 2-3 times in a year.
Old 16th September 2009, 20:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I give highest priority to safety and route you mentioned does not fit in my criteria.
The route between manjarsuba to nagar is lonely and dacait prone area.
I do not recommend this route to anyone except local people.
Agreed Ashish; safety is the paramount parameter. As I commented, I was not sure about Yermala-Nagar stretch, I have driven once on Beed-Nagar route, took left from NH211 towards Jamkhed, but then took right towards Nagar via Amalner village. This subsequently joins Jamkhed-Nagar road and the road was so good that the impression was that this must have been a main road in this area. Nonetheless, thanks for pointing out.
Old 16th September 2009, 21:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
1] route 2 is shorter by 20 km than 1.
2] as far as i am concerned, i will prefer to go nasik by train.[ there is direct train for nasik from hyd/secunderabad.
Dear Pallod,
I know about the train. First thing, getting a seat is very difficult as I was late in checking availability. Secondly, I need to go about Nasik and having one's own vehicle is lighter on the pocket.

I think I will take the route via Pune. Traffic is better than potholes. Spares for Palio MJD don't come cheap!

Shishya: I checked the lead you had given. It's really helpful. He has given details as to how to wriggle oneself out of Pune traffic.

Thank you very much.
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:59   #12
BHPian

Ashish and Shishya, thank you very much for your help. The trip went very well. I drove down to Pune and from there took the Nasik highway. After Timburni, for more than 50 km or so the road was very bad. It took about 13 hours with stopping for lunch and snack to drive each way. Actually traffic between Pune to Nasik was very high and that delayed my progress. It is sort of two-way road with trucks and incessant line of smaller vehicles squeezing through.

Thanks to the lead given by Shishya I didn't have any difficulty in Pune to drive on to Nasik road. Unwittingly I drove in to Solapur city. Should have taken the by pass. Being the Dassara day, lot of people were out on the road. A curious thing that I noticed was almost everyone was carrying small branches of a tree in their hands. I stopped to enquire about it. It is called 'sona' leaves. The person couldn't explain the significance. He said people take it to the temples, carry it their friends' houses and exchange the little branches. I noticed several vehicles too were adorned with it. I am sure the entire plantation of this particular tree is stripped of their leaves on this day!

Total distance travelled one way was close to 800 km. I believe the extra distance travelled was well worth considering the (actually anticipating) the road conditions if I had driven via Ahamed Nagar.
Old 4th August 2011, 17:04   #13
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Nasik : Route Queries

Guys, I am reviving this old thread to get some guidance. I am planning to drive to Nasik on 11th Aug. I have checked this thread and looked at the options. As this is a old thread and lot of road widening between Sholapur and Pune, Does the above options still hold good?

I wanted to add that I would be traveling with my wife and I am wllling to take a bit longer but safer route (not sure if I should be worried about this)?

Last edited by windsurfer : 4th August 2011 at 17:19.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:57   #14
BHPian

Guys, any suggestions?? I am doing this route on 11th.
Old 8th August 2011, 15:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Guys, any suggestions?? I am doing this route on 11th.
As of now, best, safe and fast route is

Hyd-nh9-solapur-nh9-tembhurni-turn right-karmala-nagar-rahuri-kolhar-turn left-loni-sangamner-turn right-nh50-sinner-nasik.

Recently,
i traveled to nasik using nagar-nasik route and i had not found any potholes along this 170km stretch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks