Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 09:31   #1
BHPian

Good time to visit Yercaud ?

Hi All, I am planning for a trip to yercaud next wednesday. Is this a good time to visit this place or should i wait till the winter sets in ? How good is it when compared to Munnar ? Is it worth visiting ? If anybody is from salem regoin could they throw some light ?
Old 25th September 2009, 10:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @400Kph View Post
Hi All, I am planning for a trip to yercaud next wednesday. Is this a good time to visit this place or should i wait till the winter sets in ? How good is it when compared to Munnar ? Is it worth visiting ? If anybody is from salem regoin could they throw some light ?
Munnar vs Yercaud?thats a no comparison,with all due respects to Yercaud,Munnar has far more sights & sounds & smells to offer.If you are undecided,then go to Munnar,drive wise shouldnt take you more than 9-10hours from BLR.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If you are undecided,then go to Munnar,drive wise shouldnt take you more than 9-10hours from BLR.
Actually i did munnar last year . So want to wait till winter sets in fully to visit munnar.In the mean time since i had one week holidays , i thought of visiting yercaud as it is just 200 Km from my house.I do agree munnar is good but i cannot compare with Yercuad since i have not visited the latter.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually i did munnar last year . So want to wait till winter sets in fully to visit munnar.In the mean time since i had one week holidays , i thought of visiting yercaud as it is just 200 Km from my house.I do agree munnar is good but i cannot compare with Yercuad since i have not visited the latter.
Ah ok.Yercaud is indeed nice for a short visit.Make sure you have reservations in advance as stay options are limited.Grand Palace is a good option,so is GRT Grand Trails-Sky Rocca,which would qualify as the best.have a safe drive.
Old 25th September 2009, 11:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

@400kph

IMO Yercaud is a Nice place to Chill out for a couple of days. That too it is drivable from Bangalore. Go ahead and enjoy.
Old 25th September 2009, 11:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
as stay options are limited..
True.I found only one homestay on google.Planning to book some hotel.If somebody knows any homestay please do share the details.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

If lazing around is what you are looking out for why dont you look at this place.

Homestay in Coonoor near ooty.

I think redrage had visited the Palaniappa Bungalow which is part of this group. May be you can look at Bison Valley near Coonoor.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...devashola.html
Old 25th September 2009, 13:05   #8
Team-BHP Support

I quote Bacon:

"Some books are to be tasted, others swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested."

Books <=> Places

Yercaud is good for weekend fun only. Drive is pleasant, with two Adyar Anand Bhavans + Salem Hotels.
GRT is best and Grand Palace is also good as quoted before. For weekends you need to book before.

Munnar is at a different level, which I call serious holidaying !

Last edited by ampere : 25th September 2009 at 13:06.
Old 25th September 2009, 15:29   #9
BHPian

I heard there are no good hotels at yercaud from my collegue .Is it true ? Do i need to stock up and go ?
Old 25th September 2009, 16:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard there are no good hotels at yercaud from my collegue .Is it true ? Do i need to stock up and go ?
Hi 400,not sure if you read the above posts,grt & grand palace are the only 2 good places.
Old 25th September 2009, 17:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...grt & grand palace are the only 2 good places.
Hey guys, wat about Shevaroys Hotels. That is a nice place to stay with different restaurants in the hotel complex itself.

Also its a good time to visit Yercaud as its 236 kms from bangalore and the roads till Salem are very good. Even the 36 kms of ghats roads are also quite good. So you should not have a problem. But yeah the places to see are quite limited compared to any other hill station!! Good to go there for 2-3 days and chill out in the nice weather and come back.

EDIT: For food you will get good food in Shevaroys hotel complex itself [both veg and non veg]

Last edited by abhinav.s : 25th September 2009 at 17:50.
Old 25th September 2009, 22:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Hey guys, wat about Shevaroys Hotels. That is a nice place to stay with different restaurants in the hotel complex itself.

Also its a good time to visit Yercaud as its 236 kms from bangalore and the roads till Salem are very good. Even the 36 kms of ghats roads are also quite good. So you should not have a problem. But yeah the places to see are quite limited compared to any other hill station!! Good to go there for 2-3 days and chill out in the nice weather and come back.

EDIT: For food you will get good food in Shevaroys hotel complex itself [both veg and non veg]
Shevaroys Hotel was good when I visited Yercaud about 2-3 years back. Dunno about its condition now. They had different types of accomodation like cottages, regular rooms, suites etc. They even had a supermarket within the hotel campus.
Old 28th September 2009, 20:48   #13
BHPian

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the inputs. I am leaving for yercaud tomorrow morning and will update with a detailed Travelogue once i come back
Old 29th September 2009, 00:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the inputs. I am leaving for yercaud tomorrow morning and will update with a detailed Travelogue once i come back
Have a great trip buddy. Drive safe.
Old 18th March 2010, 16:04   #15
BHPian

Waking up an old thread.

Is this a good time to visit Yercaud? How is the weather? Or what is a good place to visit this time of the year. It should be around 4-5 hours journey from Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks