Thats really helpful ..
I plan to drive in day itself
and what about petrol pumps ..

thanks..
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
There are many routes for nanded from pune.

1] pune-nh9-indapur-tembhurni-left turn-kurduwadi-barshi-yedshi-latur-ahmadpur-loha nanded.

2] pune-nh9-indapur-tembhurni-left turn-kurduwadi-barshi-kuslamb-left turn-yermala-kalamb-ambajogai-parli-gangakhed-loha-nanded.

3] pune-nagar-nh222-pathrdi-gevrai-onward-parbhani-nanded

4] pune-nagar-jamkhed-manjrsumba-kej-ambajogai-parli-gangkhed-loha-nanded.[ this is route taken by luxury buses form nanded to pune].

I will recommend route no1 via latur as it is most safe.
on this route from yavat to tembhurni, there is heavy traffic on 2 lane nh9.
kurduwadi to barshi is in worst condition.

Nanded is famous for gurudwara.
I missed this thread!
1) Do not take Route #3. Road between Gevaei and Majalgaon almost does not exist.!
2) There is one more route, Pune-Nagar-Auranagabad-Jalna-Jintur-Nanded, this is best in terms of road condition. Around 275+ kms is 4 lane and even rest is a good 2 lane state highway. Though this is farther by around 30 kms.
3) 6th Option is : Pune-Nagar-Beed-Gangakhed-Loha-Nanded. Now you have 3 options to do Pune-Beed a) Via Daund b) via Nagar-Amalner, c) via Nagar-Jamkhed.

I have done via Nagar-Amalner, road is good - but to be drive only during day time.

AP: What is the faste route to Beed from Pune in your opinion. I like Beed-Nanded, can be done 3 hours.

Regards

Last edited by naren_gs1 : 22nd September 2010 at 23:09.
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Hello .. reviving this old thread .. as I want to know the best route from Pune to Nanded. Plan to self drive. please provide some suggestions for best route ( and place to visit around Nanded ).

Thanks.
Places around Nanded:
1) Gurudwara in Nanded
2) Sahastrakundaround 100 kms on Kinwat Road. This is near Mahur.
3) Nagnath - one of the 12 jyotirlingas - is a very quick detour from Pune-Aurangabad-Nanded road (guess not more than 10-20 kms)
3) Parli Vaijnath, one of the 12 jyotirlingas - is on the road from Pune-Parli-Nanded
4) Basar (in AP), is around 125 kms, and is supposedly the only Saraswait temple in India?
Old 12th November 2010, 12:49   #19
BHPian

I did Pune-Nanded again tis past week. Via Jalana/Auragabad, despite being 30 kms extra, is now probably a favorite route. Almost 350 kms out of 500 kms is 4 laned; Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Mantha. Though the Jalna-Mantha section does not yet have divider &lane markings & is also incomplete at some small stretches. Mantha-Nanded 2 laned road is not too bad - though not as smooth as it used to be earlier.

Last edited by naren_gs1 : 12th November 2010 at 12:57.
Old 30th January 2012, 11:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: NH 222 between AhmedNagar and Nanded

Yesterday, i traveled on NH222 between Ahamadnar and Beed.
Except 7 km between kharwandi and tintarwani, entire stretch between a'nagar and beed is newly surfaced.
You can cruise on this highway at 80+ speed.
The stretch is lonely with lot of turns, nil traffic, no hotels.

ROUTE:

A'nagar-tisgaon-pathrdi-kharwandi-tintarwani-join nh211-beed

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 30th January 2012 at 11:56.
Old 14th September 2012, 13:17   #21
BHPian

Any latest updates on routes to Pune - Nanded ?
which one would be best and safe route to travel this month..
Old 15th September 2012, 11:54   #22
BHPian

I have not driven in this area in last 2 years :( Ashish bhau can add may be. Pls also see http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ghlight=nanded
Old 28th October 2012, 15:19   #23
BHPian

I am travelling from Bangalore to Pune-Shirdi, Aurangabad-Shani temple-Ambajogai-Parli-Hyderabad this week. Please suggest the best (and safest) route.
Old 28th October 2012, 23:13   #24
BHPian

Bangaore-Pune is very obvious, for Pune-Shirdi take either Nagar or Sangamner based on where you would stay in Pune. Shirdi - Rahuri-ShaniShingapur-Aurangabad-Ambejogai(NH)-Parali. I am not sure about Parli-Hyderabad
Old 21st July 2014, 20:13   #25
BHPian

Am travelling to Mahur via Nanded with a overnight halt at Nanded. What are the current road conditions, especially during the monsoon? Any suggestions on Hotels at Nanded or Mahur?

Thanks!
Old 21st July 2014, 23:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Am travelling to Mahur via Nanded with a overnight halt at Nanded. What are the current road conditions, especially during the monsoon? Any suggestions on Hotels at Nanded or Mahur?

Thanks!
Sahyadri at Mahur is good http://www.hotelsahyadri.com/ close to the Renuka temple

http://www.mahurhoteldevipride.com/ which is near the bus stand.

There is also the MTDC Yatri Nivas.

Apart from that these are the budget accomodations Shri Renuka Bhakta Nivas , Main Road , Shri Shetra Mahur Phone – 02460-268416
2) Shri Ekvira Dham , Main Road , Shri Shetra Mahur Phone – 02460-268680

Pune-Nanded:

https://goo.gl/maps/Yoz9c Route is ok now.A friend took it a month back.Budget for a 12-13hr drive.Not safe to travel Nagar-Majalgaon sector after sunset.

At Nanded,stay options in the form of hotels are very limited and cleanliness is found wanting,best would be to stay at the NRI Yatri Niwas or at any of the other Yatri Niwas run by the Gurudwara trust.
Tel.: (02462) 24-2460/20-5813
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 08:56   #27
BHPian

Thanks Ranjit. Took the road you have suggested and reached Nanded in less than 10 hours with over one hour halt for breakfast and lunch. The road conditions are very good and apart from a 10-15 KM patch before Majalgaon, we can easily maintain 70-80 KM/Hr speed.

Visiting Gurudwara is an amazing experience!!

Now heading off to Sahastrakund and Mahur. Thanks again.
Ferrari1976 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 01:40   #28
BHPian

Pune-Nanded:

https://goo.gl/maps/Yoz9c Route is ok now.A friend took it a month back.Budget for a 12-13hr drive.Not safe to travel Nagar-Majalgaon sector after sunset.

Thanks for the route update on Pune nanded. I drove from Mumbai to nanded in month of May. Was not aware of this route. Took a route which had very bad roads from Ahmed agar to nanded via jamkhed ambajogai and loha. Will try this route the next time if I drive down. The sacred gurudwara in nanded is truly amazing. NRI yatriniwas is the place I stayed twice and its good.
Old 29th July 2014, 01:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Pune-Nanded:

Thanks for the route update on Pune nanded. I drove from Mumbai to nanded in month of May. Was not aware of this route. Took a route which had very bad roads from Ahmed agar to nanded via jamkhed ambajogai and loha. Will try this route the next time if I drive down. The sacred gurudwara in nanded is truly amazing. NRI yatriniwas is the place I stayed twice and its good.
Could you pls advise how do you do the bookings at the NRI Yatri Niwas.
Old 30th July 2014, 01:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Could you pls advise how do you do the bookings at the NRI Yatri Niwas.
If you book 15 days ahead of check in you can book rooms through hazursahib.com.

Else you can call the Nri niwas reception and block a room by telling them your name, phone number, arrival date and where you are coming from. I avoid going during any major festivals to avoid rush. The main phone number for hazur sahib admin office is 02462 243559. 02462 234903 is the nri niwas number. Kindly cross check the number once before on the hazur sahib website. Hope this helps. Have heard good things about city pride hotel in nanded but never stayed there.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks