Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 15:52   #31

Re: NH 222 between AhmedNagar and Nanded

I did the Navi Mumbai (Airoli) to Mahurgad Trip on 15th August 2014 and return on 16th August 2014. Route Taken Airoli - Expressway- Talegaon Exit - Chakan- AhmedNagar - Pathardi-Majalgaon-Pathri-Parbhani-Basmat-Ardhapur-Umarkhed-Mahagaon-Mahur. Both Ways. Distance as per Trip 707kM one way. While going on 15th Aug left at 8.00AM reached 1.00 AM (Huge Traffic at Pune Express way Toll and Route tracking took some extra time). On Return Started at 11.00 AM and reached Airoli at 1.00 AM total 14Hrs (Including Lunch and Dinner Break of 45 Min each). The Route is great was able to go with Constant speed of 80-100Km/hr. Very less traffic on the route. However, the Ardhapur to Umbarkhed route is in a bit bad shape. But is preferred this route over the Route I had taken last year November via Nagar- Aurangabad- Pusad (which was in a pretty bad shape that time). This route is good for Mumbai - Nanded as well. ( Nanded is barely 20 Kms from Aradhpur Phata)
Old 6th December 2014, 14:00   #32
BHPian

I had taken this NH222 between Ahmadnagar till Padalshingi, the place where it joins NH 211 briefly. I was travelling from Pune to Beed. The distance between Ahmednagar and Padalshingi is about 117 kms as per Google maps. The last 25 kms before Padalshingi have huge potholes that appear out of nowhere on a decent road. Please be careful while driving in the dark.

I had taken the same route in the morning as well as while returning in the evening. But I did not keep this thing in mind and had to suffer a bent rim due to big impact while returning.

Barring this 25 kms, you can drive at 80 / 90 on this road. Very less traffic and no traveler facilities on this patch.
Old 1st March 2016, 17:28   #33
BHPian

Hi friends! Reviving an old thread. The last post in this thread was on December 2014. I am planning to do a trip from Pune to Nanded on 24th March. Can someone tell me the condition of the route. I read that Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Jintur is in a very good condition, though it is more by 30 kms. 30Kms for me wont be a problem subject to good condition of road. Kindly please inform me about the said route and suggestion for any alternate route for Pune to Nanded.
Old 1st March 2016, 18:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir3551 View Post
Hi friends! I am planning to do a trip from Pune to Nanded on 24th March. Can someone tell me the condition of the route. I read that Pune-Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Jintur is in a very good condition, though it is more by 30 kms. Kindly please inform me about the said route and suggestion for any alternate route for Pune to Nanded.
Hi, This is the preferred route (via aurangabad-jalna) inspite of the extra 30 kms. The other alternate route which is in decent shape is via pathri-majalgaon-pathardi which is the NH222 route. Stick to the Aurangabad route.

Strictly avoid the route via ambajogai-kaij-ashti as roads are horrendous.

Last edited by Drivethru : 1st March 2016 at 18:07. Reason: spelling error
Old 1st March 2016, 21:42   #35
BHPian

Thankyou Drivethru. Will update after completing the journey.
Old 8th June 2016, 22:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir3551 View Post
Thankyou Drivethru. Will update after completing the journey.
Hi Kabir3551,

Can you update on the journey. How was it.

Regards,

Balpreet

Last edited by ampere : 3rd October 2016 at 13:09. Reason: Dotty post
Old 9th June 2016, 00:10   #37
BHPian

NH 222 between AhmedNagar and Nanded

Hi Balpreet! Sorry as my trip to Nanded got cancelled at the last moment. As they rightly say that, till the time he calls you, you wont be able to go. Waiting for it. I will definitely update about the journey alongwith photographs on completion of the trip.

Last edited by kabir3551 : 9th June 2016 at 00:12.
Old 9th June 2016, 17:27   #38
BHPian

I had travelled on this route in March 2016. There is road construction going on at many places between Ahmednagar to Parbhani. The road is being widened and 10 to 12 bridges were in construction phase. Lots of diversions. Better to avoid and go by Nagar - Aurangabad - Parbhani -Nanded.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:48   #39
BHPian

Hi All,

Posting here again. In case anyone has taken this route ( Mumbai To Nanded) via Nagar - aurangabad / or any other route.
This has been a good monsoon this time. So condition of road?

Still Nagar- Aurangabad preferred? Or nagar - Parbhani is better now? Construction work completed

Regards,
Balpreet

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like... this...

Last edited by ampere : 3rd October 2016 at 13:09. Reason: Dotty post
Old 10th October 2016, 23:21   #40
BHPian

HI,

I was on a road trip to Nanded - Bidar from 6-9 Oct.

A brief snapshot of the trip.

Onward Journey:

Navi Mumbai - Chakan - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad- Jalna - Parbhani - Basmt - Nanded

I left aroudn 11 AM from Navi Mumbai.

After Exit from Expressway before pune till the joining of 4 laned road to Ahmednagar --> Its a 2 laned regular road, passing from towns & industrial area, so avg speed is like a city road.

Once you join 4 Laned road, till half way between ahmednagar - Aurangabad, its good road.

Last part of road till Aurangabad, not so good. It took me time to cross Aurangabad in Evening.

Then till Jalna, its decent 4 laned, with regular traffic. After Jalna it was a 4 Laned road ( not in good shape though) for 30-40 km ( if I remember correctly)
After that it was a 2 laned ( again not in good shape, lot of pot holes)
Post Parbhani till Basmat, again bad 2 laned road.

Basmat - Nanded, some stretches were horrible, other was just OK.

In all it took me 12 Hours for 600 KM. With 3 breaks ( total an hour 45 min of break in total)

I then travelled from Nanded to Bidar ( This road good till it was 4 laned) After some stretch in MH as well as in KA were horrible.

Return

Bidar - Latur - Tembhurni - Pune - Navi Mumbai.

Bidar - Latur 150 odd km nothing great to talk about. Just manageable overall. Very bad patches and some good patches. This took me around 3hr 15 min.

Latur - Tembhurni --> 2 Laned mixed bag. Again, some stretches were horrible. Very few sections are good. I had better expectations.

Tembhurni -- Pune --> Great roads 4 laned expressway as its called. I didnt mind paying Rs 130 toll for this 110-120 km plus section. Last 30 odd km touching Pune, regular 4 laned ( not expressway kind) had a lot of city traffic.
Yesterday ( 9th Oct) there was a lot of rain and hence water logging on roads, so that took time.

Expressway was smooth as always.

Regards,

Balpreet
balpreetsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 13:05   #41
BHPian

Planning to go to Mahurgad during Diwali vacations. Most likely route will be Bom-NSK-ABD-Jintur-PBH-Nanded-Mahur.Not necessarily in one go, since plenty places to visit enroute.Same case while returning. Will update road conditions later.
Old 6th October 2017, 14:21   #42
BHPian

While returning from bidar, wouldn't bidar - humnabad - solapur - pune - mumbai have been the best option ? Any particular reason for going via latur ?
Old 11th May 2018, 22:40   #43
BHPian

Don't take NH61. Of 325 kms between Nagar and Nanded - 150 kms is 2 lane countryside tarred road - with light traffic - extremely pleasant to drive. Rest is avoidable... though good patches intermittently. Update as of today 11 May
Old 12th August 2019, 11:50   #44
BHPian

Guys, what's the latest condition of the NH222?
I'll probably need to travel to Nanded immediately, hence the query.
Old 13th August 2019, 11:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Guys, what's the latest condition of the NH222?
I'll probably need to travel to Nanded immediately, hence the query.
From where you are starting ? Pune or Kalyan/Mumbai?
Currently, Pune_indapur_tembhurni_kurduwadi_barshi_latur_ahme dpur_nanded is the best and fastest route. I just travelled 15days back. I reached from bhigwan to Latur in flat 3:30 hours, yes 3:30 hours.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks