Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2021, 13:35   #91
BHPian

re: Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries

The Mumbai-Nashik highway is in very pathetic condition. The complete length of highway has deep potholes especially stretch upto Padgha toll plaza and Kasara ghat has worst condition. Such is a condition of the highway that Bombay High Court has Suo-Moto admitted the plea and have warned the concerned agencies for stringent action if they fail to repair the highway in fifteen days.
sandeepsc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 09:11   #92
BHPian

Anyone traveled recently from Mumbai to Nashik? Any idea if the repair work has been carried out on the potholes on the way? I am skeptical of taking my new Polo if the roads are too bad
Old 15th October 2021, 12:56   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
I am skeptical of taking my new Polo if the roads are too bad
The road quality is not great. Some patches are bad. The worrisome parts are those unexpected potholes/craters that show up in the first lane, esp if you are on the permissible speed limit. I see some cars flying on the highway, and the close calls I saw were frightening. Most accidents don't happen coz other generous drivers give the crazy ones the space through hard braking.

Coming back to you query: I have a Baleno, so not much different in GC to your Polo. The issue is not so much the GC, but more about managing the roads at certain speeds.
I never go above 80 kmph, but even then, requires your utmost attention. On the return, I was driving at night, and it was foggy. It meant my speeds were super low (in ghats & igatpuri section). So avoid night drives if possible.

Cheers!

Last edited by VT-RNS : 15th October 2021 at 13:03.
VT-RNS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 15:47   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-RNS View Post
The road quality is not great. Some patches are bad. The worrisome parts are those unexpected potholes/craters that show up in the first lane, esp if you are on the permissible speed limit.

Cheers!
Thanks I just reached here today and the roads were pretty decent. Nothing as bad as I was reading about. Possibly they've done some emergency patch work on war footing.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 22:01   #95

I travelled from Mumbai to Nashik on Sunday, 10th Oct, returning after a 3 week stay in Mumbai. They have indeed started repairing the potholes.
The worst stretch towards Nashik was between Igatpuri and Ghoti.
Last week, sections of the southbound lane between Ghoti and Igatpuri were closed for resurfacing that day.
Now that a week has passed without heavy rains, I think the road should be back to normal now.
Old 24th July 2022, 18:58   #96
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team,

Any travelled from Mumbai to Nasik or vice versa lately. Need to travel and have been hearing stories of the road being completely broken.
Old 22nd August 2022, 18:59   #97
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yuck, this is the worst highway I've ever driven on in the last 10 years. Encountered a minimum of 100 potholes from Mumbai - Nashik. The highway is in pathetic condition. It's a throwback to the 90s really, when we had more or less accepted road quality to be poor. But in 2022? It's a shame.

Avoid this road as much as you can.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 21:33   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Avoid this road as much as you can.
Any alternate routes from Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, to Indore that we could take to avoid the Mumbai-Nasik route?
Old 7th October 2022, 11:44   #99
BHPian

I travelled from Mumbai to Nashik this week. Heavy traffic near Hotel Fountain (30 mins) and around Bhiwandi bridge (15 mins). After Padgha, the roads are in great shape, except for a couple of bad patches. Be on the watch out for some nasty pot holes in the fast lane which can cause serious damage to the tyres. If you cruising under 80 km/h, then it can be spotted in day light.

Overall, a great drive till Nashik city.
Old 29th October 2022, 16:39   #100
BHPian

We travelled Mumbai - Nashik - Mumbai route in beginning of September and recently around Diwali. Thane bridge is still horrid on both sides and causes traffic to slow down drastically. Otherwise, the highway roads have improved in 1.5 - 2 months.

Mumbai - Nashik
The roads have improved with 3-4 bad patches on Mumbai - Nashik route which also should be fixed in a few days. The work for overbridge causes some issues but it's a small stretch and manageable at most times. The potholes have been patched with paver blocks / asphalt. Some rough surfaces still exist but they don't disturb the occupants as much.
We left Santacruz at 7am and were able to do this stretch in 3.5 hours

Nashik - Mumbai
The return stretch of roads was always better than Mumbai - Nashik. The patch before Igatpuri around Starbucks / IOC pump / food mall is still the worst part of the stretch. The ghats are smooth as always and the traffic starts to build after Padhgha till Mankholi naka. Potholes are patched up with paver blocks after Padhgha toll. Mankholi naka to Thane bridge multiple lanes merge into 3 lanes and the entry is all uneven just after the bridge so need to reduce the speed on the way down to avoid car damage.
We left Nashik Ambad at 7am and were able to reach BKC by 10am since it was a Friday and there was very less traffic in Padhgha - Bhiwandi stretch.

Overall, a great drive with road conditions improving constantly. With the Samriddhi highway opening soon, we can expect the roads to improve further.

Last edited by dvl666 : 29th October 2022 at 16:41.
dvl666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 21:09   #101
BHPian

Am planning a drive to Nashik via trimbakeshwar this weekend. Gmaps shows 2 routes - 1. Via padgha and igatpuri & 2. Via manor and Jawhar. Which route should I take?
Old 3rd June 2023, 23:34   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
Am planning a drive to Nashik via trimbakeshwar this weekend. Gmaps shows 2 routes - 1. Via padgha and igatpuri & 2. Via manor and Jawhar. Which route should I take?
Go via Padgha - Igatpuri. Leave early and you should reach comfortably.
We did this route on 31 May - left early morning 630am from suburbs and were in Nashik in 4 hours with a bathroom break at Starbucks, Shahpur
dvl666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 23:39   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl666 View Post
Go via Padgha - Igatpuri. Leave early and you should reach comfortably.
We did this route on 31 May - left early morning 630am from suburbs and were in Nashik in 4 hours with a bathroom break at Starbucks, Shahpur
That’s the route I took.
GreyNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 17:55   #104
BHPian

Quick update
Mumbai to Nashik took 7 hours few days back with little rain. Road is non existent.
Be careful & take one of the multiple trains available.
dvl666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 09:10   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
The Mumbai-Nashik highway is in very pathetic condition. The complete length of highway has deep potholes especially stretch upto Padgha toll plaza and Kasara ghat has worst condition. Such is a condition of the highway that Bombay High Court has Suo-Moto admitted the plea and have warned the concerned agencies for stringent action if they fail to repair the highway in fifteen days.
In 2023 August the Mumbai Nashik Highway is worse than ever. Potholes, work in progress, poor quality of service roads and diversions. I have tried the route from Nashik-Trimbakeshwar-Jawhar and back via Manor but traffic from Manor to Borivali is terrible.

Maybe time to explore another route, maybe longer but less traffic and better roads? Or is this a dream?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks