Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 22:43   #1

Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries

Could anyone help me with the current condition of the Mumbai Nasik Road after the rains. I gather from the past threads that most of the road including Kasara ghat is 4 laned. Are there any eating joints along the way ?
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:03   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion View Post
current condition of the Mumbai Nasik Road after the rains. I gather from the past threads that most of the road including Kasara ghat is 4 laned. Are there any eating joints along the way ?
Hi,

I just returned back to Mumbai after a long trip to Amravati.
Yes, the road conditions from Mumbai to Nashik is good. Mumbai to shahpur is excellent with few diversions as work is in progress. Kasara ghat is in awesome condition. You don't have to worry a bit. It's smooth as butter.
Good eating joints are few. One is before shahpur "Parivaar Garden". Food is good. But, you may not need a food joint as 'Mumbai-Nashik" will take about 2 hrs.

Happy and safe driving.

Regards,
Dev_Kudle
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Guys any idea on the current road condition on this route??

I plan to go all the way up till Nagpur and beyond will help if anyone has recent updates.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Guys any idea on the current road condition on this route??

I plan to go all the way up till Nagpur and beyond will help if anyone has recent updates.

Most of the Roads is 4 laned with fresh tarmac. You may encounter few diversion as the road construction is in Finishing stage (keep an eye on oncoming traffic in your lane on divided section)

However beyond Nashik; Nashik-Pimpalgaon 30 kms stretch is chaotic; beyond that 4 laned highway till Dhulia & Good NH6 till Nagpur.

Plenty of Good places to eat on highway. I usually do Thane - Nashik in less than 3 hours.
Old 31st May 2010, 11:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milind View Post
. You may encounter few diversion as the road construction is in Finishing stage (keep an eye on oncoming traffic in your lane on divided section)
I usually do Thane - Nashik in less than 3 hours.
Can someone tell me how to get to Nashik fromSouth Mumbai? I would think JJ flyover - dadar - eastern expressway to thane then ?? how to get to NH3?

Also, Any improvements in NH3 since March?

Plan on driving there this week for some work in MUHS
Old 31st May 2010, 12:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Can someone tell me how to get to Nashik fromSouth Mumbai? I would think JJ flyover - dadar - eastern expressway to thane then ?? how to get to NH3?

Also, Any improvements in NH3 since March?

Plan on driving there this week for some work in MUHS
Continue on EE at Thane(go over the flyover at Thane intersection)and it continues as NH3 towards Nasik-Agra.
Old 31st May 2010, 15:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

From BHiwandi Phata to Shahpur, there are some incomplete sections of roads, so watch out for deviations. From after that, it is splendid 4-laned road all the way, including the ghats. The 4-laned road ends before Nashik city though.
Old 12th July 2011, 16:16   #8

re: Mumbai to Nasik Highway

I see most posts on this thread are pretty old.

Any recent updates on the road conditions? I need to travel from Pune to Indore.
Old 16th December 2012, 22:44   #9
BHPian

Mumbai-Nasik Highway

Well my parents stay in Nasik ,while i am working in Mumbai.I drive down to Nasik almost twice or thrice to Nasik on weekends every month.So heres my experience till now :-

The route - Its a 150 km drive from Thane to Nasik. I normally leave from Thane at 6.30am , quite a pleasant time to start.

My Machine- I have a white i10 that runs on petrol and LPG

The driving experience-
Have driven so many times on this highway but i am never bored of it.For a mumbaikar this highway is a treat wherein you can drive at decent speed without much hassles. One is actually tempted to go faster but i strictly suggest to be at speeds of 70 to 80 Kms per hour. You may suddenly have obstacles like cow/dog or people crossing the road. I had a close shave twice - almost crushed a dog once but i could break slowly and phew, i am safe.
Also there are a few potholes that have developed in last few months and if you are moving at 100 or more , things may turn out to be really ugly for you.60 to 80 is the best range to stick to.One can enjoy the beautiful scenery,especially at igatpuri. Amazing locations for people who love photography.

The Bottle necks -
Twice i was stuck at the Bhiwandi toll plaza because of long queue of trucks. The main toll plaza is frustrating at times as people try to jump over the queue.Dont throw away that toll slip you get at shahpur because the same slip is to be shown at ghoti. if you loose it you have to pay the toll again.Same thing applies when you return.

Fuel Stations and refreshment points -
The route has enough number of fuel stations on the way.The Kasara ghat stretch is the only patch where you cant expect to have a fuel station. One can get LPG at Indian oil outlet at Bhiwandi and near thysen factory near Nasik. For refreshments you have Parivar Garden, The food hub (Dominos,Kamats) at Shahpur.Both are nearby and almost an hour from Thane.There is Palash Food court which is another 5km from parivar garden.Food quality at all these joints is decent.While returning i prefer haulting at Oye punjabi which is near to the toll plaza at shahpur.

The driving experience is simply awesome during monsoon near Igatpuri.The visibility is low but feels amazing.Attaching some pics i clicked.
Hope this is usefull, drive safe and do wear your seat belts !
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries-dsc_1078.jpg  

Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries-dsc_1076.jpg  

Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries-dsc_1080.jpg  

Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries-dsc_1160.jpg  

Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries-dsc_1165.jpg  

Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries-dsc_1167.jpg  

Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries-dsc_1162.jpg  

coolabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 08:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai-Nasik Highway

@Coolabhi,

Thanks for the tips. The roads look too tempting for a short drive. Mind sharing the total toll cost and also where exactly are these potholes concentrated?

The last time I took the road when the 4 laning was still happening and the road was horrible in patches. Any idea of the Ghoti-Sinnar road now?
Old 17th December 2012, 11:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hello Abhi,

Thank you for the information & tips.

My anty (Masi - mother's sister) is based at Nasik & I have many fond memories of travelling on this route while I was a kid.

During those days we used to board a bus (either St or private) from Dadar & ghat section was considered dangerous. Subsequently Volvo buses made life easier for my mother & her sister & now buses are available from Borivali. I have not recently travelled to Nashik, but I believe now we have separate roads on Ghat section. Infact it is said that now you do not feel when ghat section has passed - is it true?

Thanks,
Old 17th December 2012, 12:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Any idea of the Ghoti-Sinnar road now?
As per a friend having done Mumbai-Ghoti-Sinnar-Shirdi recently, it seems to be decent, though not as smooth as the NH, little bit of unevenness, not so rough patches and mild ditches at very few places, decently drivable road easily capable of speeds of 70-80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Infact it is said that now you do not feel when ghat section has passed - is it true?
Absolutely, the charm and toughness of the old ghat has vanished and it has become pretty easy, 4 laned butter smooth road. It is only hindered by the huge trailers and trucks in the ghat which makes you feel you are in the ghat.
Old 17th December 2012, 12:42   #13
BHPian

The highway not only till Nashik, but goes in a very good condition till Malegaon..
Its a very smooth and even road to drive.

Below are some pics of my recent drive to Malegaon via Nashik.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries-_mg_5470.jpg  

Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries-_mg_5573.jpg  

iamahunter is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 12:43   #14
NMS
BHPian

Indeed a nice report Abhi. I do this route quite often since my inlaws stay at Nasik.
This route is so much better than the regular SH from Pune to Nasik. I travel from Pune to Nasik, via Mumbai, and almost make it in the same amount of time as I would do while using the SH from Pune to Nasik.
Old 17th December 2012, 16:43   #15
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolabhi View Post
Well my parents stay in Nasik ,while i am working in Mumbai.I drive down to Nasik almost twice or thrice to Nasik on weekends every month.So heres my experience till now :-

The route - Its a 150 km drive from Thane to Nasik. I normally leave from Thane at 6.30am , quite a pleasant time to start.
Fuel Stations and refreshment points -
...For refreshments you have Parivar Garden, The food hub (Dominos,Kamats) at Shahpur.Both are nearby and almost an hour from Thane.There is Palash Food court which is another 5km from parivar garden.Food quality at all these joints is decent.While returning i prefer haulting at Oye punjabi which is near to the toll plaza at shahpur.
Thanks for the crisp report, coolabhi! Your observations about good refreshments on this stretch are spot on. I have experienced Palash and Oye Punjabi myself and can vouch for them. Will check out Parivar Garden the next time I am on that route.
Near Igatpuri, the Shagun Resort and Waterpark also has a fantastric restaurant. And if one wants a "no-compromises" dining experience, nothing can beat the "Manas resort" at Igatpuri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
The highway not only till Nashik, but goes in a very good condition till Malegaon..
Its a very smooth and even road to drive.

Below are some pics of my recent drive to Malegaon via Nashik.
Those 2 are absolutely lovely pics.. especially the second one!
For the first one, how did you get that vantage point? A small tripod mounted on another car's top, may be?
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks