Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2016, 09:44   #241
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What to see in Malaysia and Singapore

Based on our Singapore Trip experience, the following can be good for a first time visitor (suggest 5-6 days at least to leisurely see the places):
1.Around the city:
- Singapore Flyer
- Vivo city (mall)
- Marina Bay Sands (don't miss the Gondola ride on ground floor and the 56th floor terrace viewing deck)
- Gardens by the bay (combine with Marina Bay Sands visits)
- Roam around the bay, there's a laser show in the evening close to Marina Bay Sands ground floor deck
*If planned well, these places can be covered in a day starting with flyer in the morning and rest in the afternoon & evening

- Walk/shop around Orchard Road
- Walk around Raffles Place/Padang ground, etc
- Roam around the Boat Quay area, Merlion
*If planned well, these places can be covered in a day

Day trips - (you will need a full Day since these places are quite big,and the walking and heat will make you tired so you can do it in a relaxed manner if you have full day)
2. Sentosa
- one way take the cable car from mount faber, return via the monorail to Vivo City (station inside the mall)
- don't miss underwater world (dolphin show is excellent) and Songs of the ocean evening show
- Choose few other rides/attractions on need basis
*many of the rides/attractions are past their prime, not maintained very well and in need of replacement

3.Jurong bird park

4. Zoo - choose between a day visit to zoo or the night safari or river safari (boat safari around the zoo campus)

*We did the day trip to Zoo followed by the Night Safari that evening. These 2 back to back visits were extremely tiring to say the least. Suggest planning the Night safari on another day when you have a lighter first half/day.

If you have some more time..
5. Universal Studios - you can easily spend 2 days or more here

Last edited by NPV : 10th February 2016 at 09:46.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 11:48   #242
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
- Singapore Flyer
- Marina Bay Sands (don't miss the Gondola ride on ground floor and the 56th floor terrace viewing deck)
Are both recommended? Don't both offer similar views? I believe Marina Bay Sands is a lot more pricey than the Flyer.
I'll be in Singapore from Saturday to Tuesday. Saturday we only plan to shop in Mustafa & a bit around since thats the day we land there in the morning. This is our 3rd trip to Singapore, so we're going to skip Sentosa,Jurong Bird Park, Zoo, Night Safari, since we've already seen those places before. We're going to stick to the places which you have recommended in day 1 of your post.
Old 24th May 2017, 14:08   #243
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Are both recommended? Don't both offer similar views? I believe Marina Bay Sands is a lot more pricey than the Flyer.
Views may be similar but the experiences are different since you're inside a car/cabin that is moving slowly (Singapore Flyer). We liked both.

I heard that the viewing deck area at Marina Bay Sands has been reduced to give the hotel guests and users of their infinity pool on the terrace more space to use.

Not sure about current pricing though.

Also, at Sentosa - pick and choose the ones you want to visit, most of the rides are old and not very great. Do not miss the Underwater world, dolphin show and the Songs of the Ocean show (Evening).

Last edited by NPV : 24th May 2017 at 14:12.
Old 24th May 2017, 17:19   #244
BHPian

As a resident, I can tell you that both places have different things on offer. Rooftop of Marina Bay Sands makes sense if you visit their lounge Ce La Vi whereas if you want to enjoy the city view then it can be done from the flyer itself.

I would also recommend you to visit Mustafa after 10pm on Monday as it's overcrowded on weekends with local Indians doing their weekly shopping. In fact, it's highly advisable to stay away from Little India on Sunday,you just might forget that you are in Singapore.

Also try to buy entrance tickets to various attractions online, I recommend this website to my friends. I am not associated with them in any manner.
nitishk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 17:53   #245
BHPian

Friends, planning to visit Singapore for a 4 day tour. I dont wish to go to any agent, that too after reading the suggestions from the fellow BHPians.
Tentative dates are 28 Oct - 1st Nov.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
1) There is a 2 day pass covering Sentosa & Universal studios.
2) Bird park, night safari, zoo is cheaper in a combo pass.
This is what we did:
Can you please let me know how and when to get these online? I believe I need to apply VISA first. Info on how to go about on this, is also welcome.

Quote:
Based on our Singapore Trip experience, the following can be good for a first time visitor (suggest 5-6 days at least to leisurely see the places):

If either of you can share the exact itinerary, ( if possible, with timings) it would be of great help.
Old 1st October 2017, 22:12   #246
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Can you please let me know how and when to get these online? I believe I need to apply VISA first. Info on how to go about on this, is also welcome.
Most of your visa queries should be answered here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4171082

Quote:
If either of you can share the exact itinerary, ( if possible, with timings) it would be of great help.
Look at these threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ning-help.html

This is almost what we did:
Took Tiger Airways flights ex-Bangalore, onward around midnight from Bangalore reaching Singapore in the morning. Return flight departure around 9 pm, reaching Bangalore late night.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3909984

Last edited by NPV : 1st October 2017 at 22:17.
Old 2nd June 2018, 16:40   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Most of your visa queries should .....
Hi NPV.
Could you please let me know from where did you buy these tickets online.
Old 2nd June 2018, 22:31   #248
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Could you please let me know from where did you buy these tickets online.
I'm not sure what tickets you're referring to, but let me try to answer anyway

Flights - booked on tiger air website

Attractions - booked on the websites of sentosa, Singapore Flyer, Jurong bird park and Singapore zoo. Just search on the net and you will find these sites.
Old 2nd June 2018, 22:39   #249
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure what tickets you're referring to, but let me try to answer anyway

Flights - booked on tiger air website

Attractions - booked on the websites of sentosa, Singapore Flyer, Jurong bird park and Singapore zoo. Just search on the net and you will find these sites.
Right. I was referring to the entrance tickets for USS , Sentosa attractions and other things. I could find a webite named KLOOK which offers tickets to all attractions including Garden bay. I was just wondering if that website is reliable.
Old 2nd June 2018, 22:42   #250
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Right. I was referring to the entrance tickets for USS , Sentosa attractions and other things. I could find a webite named KLOOK which offers tickets to all attractions including Garden bay. I was just wondering if that website is reliable.
We did not visit Universal studios.
For the others, I just bought each of them separately from their respective websites, so no idea about combo tickets sold by third parties.
Old 3rd June 2018, 00:31   #251
Team-BHP Support

Its better to buy the tickets on the official web site. Its much better that way. The ones which you mention are very easy to buy online of the websites of these attractions.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 11:55   #252
BHPian

Quote:
During my recent trip to Singapore, i got tickets for Gardens by the Bay and Sentosa cable car rides through Klook. They worked as expected and the rates were a lot cheaper than the official websites.

Their app works well and you can see deals available there. You just need a print confirmation of your booking to redeem them. I would definitely recommend them.
satan's_valet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 18:25   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Right. I was referring to the entrance tickets for USS , Sentosa attractions and other things.
For USS make sure to the Express tickets; its almost double the cost of regular ticket but save from the hassle for 30-90 minutes wait for each of the ride.
Old 3rd June 2018, 20:51   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
For USS make sure to the Express tickets; its almost double the cost of regular ticket but save from the hassle for 30-90 minutes wait for each of the ride.

Buy the express tickets (unlimited) online and not on the day of visit as these prices vary hugely depending on crowd. I did that mistake and it costed me 90sgd per ticket instead of regular price of sgd50.
And I strongly recommend using unlimited version (and not one time express ticket).
Old 3rd June 2018, 23:14   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Buy the express tickets (unlimited) online and not on the day of visit as these prices vary hugely depending on crowd. I did that mistake and it costed me 90sgd per ticket instead of regular price of sgd50.
And I strongly recommend using unlimited version (and not one time express ticket).
Thanks both.

I, along with my wife and 3 year old son, have booked the flight tickets for 22 July - 27 July trip. Am planning to visit Sentosa and USS on weekdays. Just wondering if I need to go ahead and get the express tickets at all. If yes, where ( which website) do i buy from? Our fellow bhpian has given a thumbs up for a site named KLOOK. If you have any other suggestions on this, please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks