Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 19:45   #16
BHPian

dear bigzero,
Strictly take NH7 for hybd>blore and avoid all other interior roads incldg SH & NH. After the floods, rains & unstable govts most of the inner roads are in worse conditions and without any improvements.
Regarding Blore> mysore strecth donot enter city traffic and the below link will be useful to you (reverse direction).
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html
Old 27th December 2009, 19:14   #17
BHPian

Hyd-Mehbubnagar-Raichur-Sindhanur-Gangavati-Gadag-Hubli-Chitradurga-Tumkur-Peenya-NCIE ROAD-Mandya-Mysore

The entire route is fine, laid and good. You need to look for Mysore road signage in the NICE road.
Old 4th January 2010, 08:24   #18
BHPian

Hello all,

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I finally made it and back. Drove from Hyderabad to Calicut on 23rd, and came back yesterday.

I took the regular NH7 route, and didnt have any problems whatsoever.

Left Hyd at around 5.30 am on 23rd and reached Calicut at around 12.45 am with some decent breaks in between.

I took the turnout from Hebbal and touched the NH4, and eventually got on to the NICE road and then to Mysore road. All worked well, except for very slow progress on NH4 because of a massive traffic jam.

I will post a detailed entry later, thanks again for the help!
Old 7th April 2011, 15:35   #19
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Mysore - Can I avoid NH7 (partially or fully) and do it in a day?

Hi Folks. I am planning to drive to Mysore from Hyderabad next week. As the last update on this Post is over an year old, I would highly appreciate your advice on how best I can avoid Bangalore traffic while transiting from NH7 to Mysore Road. It will be a weekday, and I will probably hit Devanahalli around 12 noon.

One option given to me by a friend was to take right at Yelahanka, go via Jalahalli Air Force Station to Jalahalli Cross, take right on NH4 till NICE road junction, take left on NICE road to Mysore road.

Can anyone who has done this tell me how long this will take from NH7 to Kengeri on Mysore Road? Is still the best option to bypass Bangalore or is there a better alternative now? Thanks
Old 7th April 2011, 15:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Mysore - Can I avoid NH7 (partially or fully) and do it in a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
One option given to me by a friend was to take right at Yelahanka, go via Jalahalli Air Force Station to Jalahalli Cross, take right on NH4 till NICE road junction, take left on NICE road to Mysore road.

Can anyone who has done this tell me how long this will take from NH7 to Kengeri on Mysore Road? Is still the best option to bypass Bangalore or is there a better alternative now? Thanks
Don't go through Kengeri, it will eat up precious time.
Hyderabad to Mysore is perfectly doable in a day, and if you are little fast you can even go till Ooty . No jokes.
I travelled to Ooty two times last year and both times halted at Mysore for the night.
First time, went through jalahalli and took NICE road, but second time missed the road somehow and went through Kengeri. Route through Kengeri is crowded and congested, moreover construction work for flyover is going on at Mysore road therefore, high chances that you might get stuck in a traffic jam.
Follow the jalahalli route, more so, when the flyover at jalahalli is ready and it ends just before the turning towards NICE road. It will save you good amount of time and you can be at Mysore by 5p.m maximum.
Which Vehicle you would driving ? You can easily cover Shamshabad to Devanahalli in around 6-6.5hrs depending on your speed.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 7th April 2011 at 15:48.
Old 7th April 2011, 15:57   #21
Team-BHP Support

Here is the Bangalore-bypass link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ngalore-2.html
(Post # 27 and 28)

The route:

- NICE : Join NH4,
- Come down till Nelamangala
- Take the road opposite NH48 (Hassan Road). This extends as the Doddaballapur SH.
- At Doddaballapur, join NH207 to hit Devanahalli.

EDIT:
So you do the opposite.

1. At Devanahalli, take NH207 to Doddaballapur.
2. At Doddaballapur, ask for road to Nelamangala
3. At Nelamangala, take the toll road and get on the NICE road.
Be careful about where to exit for NICE road from the elevated toll road.

The Nelamanagala-Doddaballapur is a decent road. A underbridge construction ongoing. But apart from, its OK to go. @Lukeskywalker, can add more details to this section.

Last edited by ampere : 7th April 2011 at 16:01.
Old 7th April 2011, 16:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Ampere & FM,the 3rd option is to just keep on NH7 till Hebbal interchange,go up the interchange and join the Tumkur Road which is the road to your right.Go on the road till the end,you would cross an underpass enroute ,a railway gate enoute,a and reach a heavily congested signal,at the left of which is the under construction Movenpick Hotel.Take a right at the signal and go on till you find the NICE road.All the exits and turns are well marked.Hyd-Mysore easily doable in a day.I do Hyd-Salem in a day thanks to all the good roads.The trick is to start early,a 5am departure from Hyd would be the most ideal.
Old 7th April 2011, 22:14   #23
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the immediate response.

I am driving an Indigo and I usually do not cross 100 kmph. We will most probably halt at Kurnool in a friend's place. We plan to start around 7 am from Kurnool and drive straight through to Mysore. Last year, Kurnool to Devanahalli took me about 6 hours, but now I understand the Gooty Bypass is ready and that should save us some time.

Can you please let me know how much time should I budget from Devanahalli to Mysore?
Old 7th April 2011, 22:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
Thanks a lot for the immediate response.

Can you please let me know how much time should I budget from Devanahalli to Mysore?
It would be about 1.5-2hrs from Devanahalli-Kengeri(Mysore Road exit from NICE) and another 2-2.5hrs from Kengeri.

Prasad
Old 5th June 2011, 13:29   #25

I drove from Hyderabad to Mysore yesterday taking the Devanahalli -> D'ballapur -> Nelamangala -> NICE (Tumkur Rd to Mysore Rd) -> Mysore. The objective was to completely avoid the Bangalore traffic at about noon time.

While the Devanahalli - D'ballapur (NH 207) road has been relaid and in good condition, the D'ballapur - Nelamangala stretch was in a bad shape and very patchy with odd stretches in good shape closer to Nelamangala. The leading road from D'ballapur to Nelamangala road for about 6-7 kms is in a horrible state without any road at all.

Irrespective of this fact, I completely avoided the Bangalore traffic, but ended up driving for at least 40 kms extra and the total driving time was 11 hrs with three 15 min breaks. Total of 760 kms. We started at 5:30 AM and reached Mysore at 4:30 PM. We reached Devanahalli junction at about 12 PM.
Old 11th June 2011, 00:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityarao View Post
I drove from Hyderabad to Mysore yesterday taking the Devanahalli -> D'ballapur -> Nelamangala -> NICE (Tumkur Rd to Mysore Rd) -> Mysore. The objective was to completely avoid the Bangalore traffic at about noon time.

While the Devanahalli - D'ballapur (NH 207) road has been relaid and in good condition, the D'ballapur - Nelamangala stretch was in a bad shape and very patchy with odd stretches in good shape closer to Nelamangala. The leading road from D'ballapur to Nelamangala road for about 6-7 kms is in a horrible state without any road at all.

Irrespective of this fact, I completely avoided the Bangalore traffic, but ended up driving for at least 40 kms extra and the total driving time was 11 hrs with three 15 min breaks. Total of 760 kms. We started at 5:30 AM and reached Mysore at 4:30 PM. We reached Devanahalli junction at about 12 PM.

I'm planning to do the same route next weekend. While I know Bangalore-Mysore like the back of my hand at the moment Hyd-Bangalore is done either by flight or train, so I have no idea.

Can you tell me how good/bad the road was, which places to drive cautiously, what towns/roads to avoid, where to take breaks etc.?
Old 11th June 2011, 21:55   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I'm planning to do the same route next weekend. While I know Bangalore-Mysore like the back of my hand at the moment Hyd-Bangalore is done either by flight or train, so I have no idea.

Can you tell me how good/bad the road was, which places to drive cautiously, what towns/roads to avoid, where to take breaks etc.?
The Hyderabad-Devanahalli road is absolutely wonderful and tolled roads (will cost about 430/- at about 6 places) and you can easily do 100 average and do this is in about 7-8 hrs. I would recommend the first break & refill to be at Gooty BPCL (Ghar Dabha) - the second one can be after the Bagepalli Ghar Dabha (Kamat Lokaruchi).

Take a right at Devanahalli towards Doddaballapur - the NH207 here is wonderful single lane with sparse traffic. From Doddaballapur you need to take the SH74 towards Nellamangala, this is a tad difficult to find, I would recommend that you ask the locals for directions.

The road from here is horrible for about 7kms and then gradually improves but very patchy until about 10 kms from Nellamangala. The approach road to Nellamangala is also not in a very good shape. Keep driving till you hit the NH4 Tumkur flyover - take the elevated toll road (15/-) and then drive towards Bangalore until you find the NICE road on your left. Take the toll road till SH17 Mysore road (18kms).
adityarao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 13:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityarao View Post
The Hyderabad-Devanahalli road is absolutely wonderful and tolled roads (will cost about 430/- at about 6 places) and you can easily do 100 average and do this is in about 7-8 hrs. I would recommend the first break & refill to be at Gooty BPCL (Ghar Dabha) - the second one can be after the Bagepalli Ghar Dabha (Kamat Lokaruchi).

Take a right at Devanahalli towards Doddaballapur - the NH207 here is wonderful single lane with sparse traffic. From Doddaballapur you need to take the SH74 towards Nellamangala, this is a tad difficult to find, I would recommend that you ask the locals for directions.

The road from here is horrible for about 7kms and then gradually improves but very patchy until about 10 kms from Nellamangala. The approach road to Nellamangala is also not in a very good shape. Keep driving till you hit the NH4 Tumkur flyover - take the elevated toll road (15/-) and then drive towards Bangalore until you find the NICE road on your left. Take the toll road till SH17 Mysore road (18kms).

Thanks Aditya

I'm assuming Doddaballapur is near the exit towards Bangalore Airport.

I have a very close friend who lives near Hebbal, I was thinking that may be I can start from Hyderabad in the afternoon, reach his place by midnight, stay/sleep there for a few hours and start early morning for Mysore. That way, I avoid most of the night travel and will be well rested before commencing the Bangalore-Mysore.

Any suggestions for this?
Old 12th June 2011, 22:12   #29
Team-BHP Support

If you plan you stay overnight at Hebbal. Then I would say start early morning and go through the city. That would much faster. Else you if yoy want to do it the same day, go with what Aditya said. But note I am sure if you can do NH207 and SH74 in the dark.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Do the stay option at Hebbal,the advantage being that you would have a major part of the day at your disposal in Ooty,if you drive one stretch,then you would reach Ooty,just to sleep.Hyd-Ooty at any given time is a 12-13hr drive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks