Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 16:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

ARe you planning to go by car or something. Anyway, you can try the North-Eastern states, not many people go there and its good location for honeymooners
Old 19th January 2010, 21:12   #32
BANNED

Well family is not allowing the car so flights .Well i have finalized 99% for Kerala.
Old 19th January 2010, 22:23   #33
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a good choice indeed. I was in Kovalam last diwali with friends and must confess the place is heavenly. The beaches of Kovalam and Varkala are spectacular. If Kerala is regarded as God's Own Country, then Kovalam has to be God's Own Beach. If you are seeking some solitude then head to Club Mahindra Floating Palms in Poovar. The resort is absolutely fantastic as per the reviews I got from friends and relatives. Poovar is just 18kms from the Kovalam Junction and is far more quiet and serene than the popular beaches of Kovalam. I'm sure you won't regret visiting Kerala among other places. Great choice indeed !!
Old 23rd January 2010, 15:33   #34
BHPian

Congratulations Trust in Thrust. Have you checked the Andaman Nickobar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Congrtulations to Trust-in-thrust.
I agree. Its right place.
Romantic destination= Bora Bora island.
Bora Bora or Tora Bora?
Old 25th January 2010, 11:08   #35
BANNED

@Irish Thanks for the compliment.
Okay guys . I thank you a lot for your suggestions.
Since my other half doesnot have a passport and getting one would have taken around 30 days on the positive side i did not risk any international destination .
In India i thought about South and East only .So it was Sikkim , Kerala , Andaman , Lakshwdeep , Goa and few other random places .
I have finalized with Indiatimes travel for Rs 37,000/- all inclusive 6N&7D all 4 star hotels at Cochin, Munnar, alleppy(A/C houseboat) , Varakal(5 Star Hotel) , Kovalam + Airfares which i booked for Rs 6758 /- Jet Lite from Delhi to Cochin and Rs 11,012 /- Indian Airlines Trivandrum to Delhi .So all in total of Rs55,000/- have got me full sightseeing , stay , Breakfast and Dinner , Sightseeing + Transport in AC Indigo , Also 150km daily disposal as per my wishes .
It has come out much cheaper than i thought.

Also i contacted MakeMyTrip , Travel guru , Travel Chacha , Yatra , SOTC , TCI , Raj Tours & Travels , Thomas Cook ,Cox&Kings.
Only SOTC gave me a better rate .Make my trip never followed up inspite of me me calling them 4 times in 2 days (apart form the 10-12 emails i sent them ).Also make my trip was not adjusting the schedule much , few adjustments to meals .Travel guru did reply but after 4 days .Yatra only send emails an dno replies for queries .Others i just found too lazy .But yes when i was enquiring about international destination Thomas Cook , Cox and Kings were the best in there contact with me .
The reason why i went with IndiaTimes travel
a.) Got reply to my query in 1 hr on phone and email .
b.) Regular follow up .The guy i.r Mr Rahul was calling me everyday as and when i requested him.
c.) Full option regarding change in hotels , route , itinerary , cabs , food .
d.) Even slight higher than SOTC just for the sheer follow up and personalized service i chose IndiaTimes.
Will Update the real experience once i come back.

Regards
Amit Nain

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 25th January 2010 at 11:19.
Old 25th January 2010, 12:17   #36
BHPian

I have found similar responses ( read --> no response) from Make my trip and Yatra...Having send multiple mails and calls to their customer care I have not recieved any response from them. In fact with Yatra I raised a customer complaint, I got a sales rep. call in response to that saying that he will give me the quote by eod, its been a fortnight since that call, no response..Don't know how is their business growing...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks