Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 19:58   #16
BHPian

Hi Anusha_snh,
I have a friend of mine who runs resort / does some real estate business in Wayanad. If you are interested I can give his number. If you need just send me a PM.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 5th February 2010, 20:55   #17
BHPian

Thanks all for the suggestions.

@scorpio_fan: plz PM me the number. Thanks

Still speculating if I will be able to do the bad roads from kalpetta to kannur and back from kannur to bangalore in my i10 or not.
Old 5th February 2010, 21:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha_snh View Post
Still speculating if I will be able to do the bad roads from kalpetta to kannur and back from kannur to bangalore in my i10 or not.
Aye why are you so paranoid ? The roads are motorable just that you gotto take it easy in the ghat section. Go for it period !!
Old 5th February 2010, 21:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Aye why are you so paranoid ? The roads are motorable just that you gotto take it easy in the ghat section. Go for it period !!
This is the first trip I am doing in the new car, hence speculating. Did not want to push the car too hard. [Had an accident last month and got the door and bumper replaced]

Plus the car will be loaded. 5 adults + some luggage.
Old 5th February 2010, 23:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
This is the first trip I am doing in the new car, hence speculating. Did not want to push the car too hard. [Had an accident last month and got the door and bumper replaced]

Plus the car will be loaded. 5 adults + some luggage.
The i10 will do just fine. I have a friend of mine from Kannur, who regularly does Blr-Kannur in his i10.

BTW, if you are planning to drive to Wayanad through Bandipur, note that there is a traffic restriction starting from 6PM at the forest entry point. So plan such that you pass by before 6PM.
Old 6th February 2010, 18:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all for the suggestions.

@scorpio_fan: plz PM me the number. Thanks

Hi Anusha_snh,
I sent the details to you through PM. I had called him and informed him as well.
Regards,
Vijay
Old 6th February 2010, 20:59   #22
BHPian

thank you scorpio_fan for the number. Will be calling him shortly.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:45   #23
BHPian

SO did the trip happen? How was it? photos? reviews?
Old 16th August 2010, 15:44   #24
BHPian

I am planning a trip to Wayanad this friday. Most of the good places (within my budget of 2.5k per night) like Wynberg are booked. Can anyone suggest some good but non-famous resorts this this budget?

Thanks.
Old 16th August 2010, 15:49   #25
BHPian

Are you particular that it has to be a resort. I had stayed in Sulthan Bathery and the hotel is called Mint flower. Decent hotel that suits your budget. But remember its in Sulthan bathery and most places are around Kalpetta
Old 16th August 2010, 15:57   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post
Are you particular that it has to be a resort. I had stayed in Sulthan Bathery and the hotel is called Mint flower. Decent hotel that suits your budget. But remember its in Sulthan bathery and most places are around Kalpetta
This is going to be our first trip to Wayanad so we are planning to do sight-seeing and hence not particular about a resort, but yes it should be around Kalpetta. And the hotel should be good in a sense that the rooms, bathrooms should be neat and clean with decent service.
Old 16th August 2010, 16:44   #27
Team-BHP Support

You can also look at: Isaacs Regency. (Its at Bathery )

HOTEL ISSAC'S Regency || Experience nature's bounty, Hotels Wayanad, Resorts Wayanad, Honeymoon Tour Wayanad
Old 16th August 2010, 17:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
This is going to be our first trip to Wayanad so we are planning to do sight-seeing and hence not particular about a resort, but yes it should be around Kalpetta. And the hotel should be good in a sense that the rooms, bathrooms should be neat and clean with decent service.
Quite a few places to choose from in Kalpetta. The usual recommended place is Green Gates, there are umpteen other hotels in the vicinity depending on your budget. Check around on holidayiq, you should be able
to find something that fits your budget.

BTW choosing kalpetta to stay is a wise decision.
Old 16th August 2010, 17:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I am planning a trip to Wayanad this friday. Most of the good places (within my budget of 2.5k per night) like Wynberg are booked. Can anyone suggest some good but non-famous resorts this this budget?

Thanks.
There is an eco resort "Banasura hill resort" (Banasura Hill Resort - Wayanad, Kerala Resorts, Nature Resorts India) just after sulthan bathery, I was there with family for a weekend 3 months back. Amazing place, this is just on the foothills and there are about 4~5 waterfalls at a distance of 15~30 mins (of trekking). The hill peaks were covered with cloud during most part of the day and the weather was quite pleasant in June. Surprisingly most of the materials used during the construction of the resort are organic. The roof is thatched, walls are plastered with mud, cashew nut shell liquid used to varnish the wood (bio-degradable). The food is not great but bearable, focus being 'Mother Nature'.

Hill view from the resort.
Wayanad resorts query-dsc_0073.jpg

Partial view of the resort, notice the thatched roof.
Name:  DSC_0153.jpg
Views: 1815
Size:  134.9 KB
Old 17th August 2010, 11:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Quite a few places to choose from in Kalpetta. The usual recommended place is Green Gates, there are umpteen other hotels in the vicinity depending on your budget. Check around on holidayiq, you should be able
to find something that fits your budget.

BTW choosing kalpetta to stay is a wise decision.
I had already contacted Green Gates yesterday but their confirmation came just now . Booked a deluxe room with them @ 2K per night. I will update the thread about their service and facilities once I come back from trip.

Thanks everyone for quick responses.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks