Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 23:25   #91
MX6
Senior - BHPian

End point is when you proceed from tiger circle, cross over KMC and go all the way till the end. There's also a direct road from the anant nagar circle (which one finds as soon as you climb up from vibhuda priya nagar in to manipal). Instead of going straight to manipal, if one takes teh first left turn, that road used to take us directly to End point.
End point was an idyllic place. I remember spending half my time there. We used to even lie flat on the wet grass, when it used to rain.
Heights was that once we were playing candle light chess at end point, at around 3 am, and some-one taps our board with a stick and asks what the hell we were up to. Nonchalantly we reply, "can't you see? We are playing chess!", without even bothering to look up.
It turned out that the person was a constable and the stick was his lathi

Soon we were hauled over to the police chowky (which was above the barber shop) at tiger circle, and were given a big advice for almost 45 minutes. It went something like "you people are all educated. blah blah blah blah."

That didn't deter us. We used to go to end-point, clamber down to river swarna. Swim across.

Nowadays, end point is an eyesore.

It's been almost 10 years since I'd been to my another couple of favourite haunts. Peacock point and end-less point.

@samurai. Have you been to peacock point and end-less point?

A bit of trivia. They shot 80% of the hindi movie "hum tum pe marte hain" starring govinda, urmila, paresh rawal and dimple kapadia in end-point!

@LDL. Not sure about the cool caring soul part. But yes, most people who have known me say that I speak my heart. Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited by MX6 : 15th May 2010 at 23:30.
Old 15th May 2010, 23:59   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@samurai. Have you been to peacock point and end-less point?
Never heard of it, where is it? Now there might be an apartment complex on each one of those points.
Old 16th May 2010, 00:39   #93
BHPian

@ Samurai: Peacock point is where the new TAPMI campus has come up. On the he road leading to alevoor, you need to take a left before the fuel station.

Endless point i think is where the SIBM (Synd Bank Institute of Bank Management, a training center for Synd Bank employees) campus is. Not too sure about that though.
Old 16th May 2010, 02:37   #94
MX6
Senior - BHPian

We had the old bottling plant for Bajal near the end-less point. Not sure whether you still get Bajal there.
I'm surprised to note that there's a new tapmi campus. We used to actually spot peacocks at peacock point in early 90s!

@MileCruncher. Which route did you finally take from Hampi to Shimoga? How was the road condition? Can you also give a break up of your trip from 2 am till you reached Manipal?
Old 16th May 2010, 10:14   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
@ Samurai: Peacock point is where the new TAPMI campus has come up. On the he road leading to alevoor, you need to take a left before the fuel station.
Thanks, I know the new TAPMI campus road very well. I drive on that road occasionally. A very scenic road.

Quote:
Endless point i think is where the SIBM (Synd Bank Institute of Bank Management, a training center for Synd Bank employees) campus is. Not too sure about that though.
Still not sure where this is...I'll find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I'm surprised to note that there's a new tapmi campus. We used to actually spot peacocks at peacock point in early 90s!
I guess peacocks have moved on to my office now... Plenty of them here.
Old 16th May 2010, 17:01   #96
BHPian

So we now have a New Peacock Point?
Old 17th May 2010, 08:08   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So we now have a New Peacock Point?
There are too many peacock points around here. During the construction of the office building, we used to have MIT students visiting the unfinished campus at wee hours of night for all kind of activities. Introduction of 24x7 security finally put a stop to it.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:02   #98
Senior - BHPian

Am back in Hyderabad. The stay in Kudle beach was awesome. Will post the travelogue and driving directions shortly.

@ Samurai: Hard luck that missed you but I guess there was nothing for me to do there. Endless Point is beyond the Industrial Area where Maruti Service Station used to be there. Peacock Point used to be where the new TAPMI campus is.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:03   #99
Senior - BHPian

Fabulous timing, MileCruncher, driving all the way from Gokarna to Hyderabad from dawn to dusk
Old 17th May 2010, 20:20   #100
Team-BHP Support

Endless point: Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Peacock Point: Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

This is how end point used to be: http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=13.369...ch=end%20point

Last edited by Samurai : 17th May 2010 at 20:21.
Old 17th May 2010, 22:06   #101
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@MC. All eager to see photos.
@Samurai. All kinds of activities? Sad that a great college has it's image tarnished now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks