Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 23:44   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
You can drive straight from Blore - Chennai till maduravoil and then take the chennai bypass from there to reach Tambaram without having to enter chennai. Road conditions will be good all through.
I completely agree. Thats the best way out. Ask for MGR College. The road near the college will have a bridge. The road to Tambaram will be perpendicular to the road from bangalore-chennai where it meets MGR college.

This is the map view of the place: Poonamalle High Rd, Maduravoyal, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
http://m.google.co.uk/u/m/A47BBi
Old 12th January 2012, 13:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tambaram-Sriperumbudur Route Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
But wouldnt it be too long for me? I feel like to take Porur route to touch the Bye pass road. My intention is to go towards Ambattur.
Nope! Pallavaram-Tambaram GST isn't as bad as getting to Porur via Kathipara. The total time it takes you to get from Pallavaram-Tambaram would be lesser than the time spent crossing Porur roundtana alone

Quote:
BTW any toll gates on the bye pass road?
One just prior to where Bypass meets Porur.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 16:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Nope! Pallavaram-Tambaram GST isn't as bad as getting to Porur via Kathipara. The total time it takes you to get from Pallavaram-Tambaram would be lesser than the time spent crossing Porur roundtana alone
One just prior to where Bypass meets Porur.
Thanks. Let me try this road. Infact I have never taken Bye pass road. I need to cross Tambaram station to get bye pass road correct?
Is the bye pass road completed till Madhavaram to join NH5?
Old 12th January 2012, 16:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Let me try this road. Infact I have never taken Bye pass road. I need to cross Tambaram station to get bye pass road correct?
Yes, once you cross Tambaram you'll see the turn for the bypass.

Quote:
Is the bye pass road completed till Madhavaram to join NH5?
Yes, it is completed all the way till NH5.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 18:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, once you cross Tambaram you'll see the turn for the bypass. Yes, it is completed all the way till NH5.
Thanks Narayan. Let me try this route then.
Old 13th January 2012, 21:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
You can drive straight from Blore - Chennai till maduravoil and then take the chennai bypass from there to reach Tambaram without having to enter chennai. Road conditions will be good all through.
Thanks a lot mate for this info. Shall try this out when we travel in Feb

Cheers,
Kiran
Old 17th January 2012, 12:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, once you cross Tambaram you'll see the turn for the bypass. Yes, it is completed all the way till NH5.
Thanks NarayanS80. I had a good drive from Perungudi-Pallavaram-Tambaram-Bye pass road-NH5-Nellore. I could avoid all the city traffic. Since there were Pongal holidays, not much traffic on the roads. The byepass road was good in spite of some bad patches . But not clear signage boards along the bye pass road. While returning from NH5, I have slipped the bye pass road and went ahead. But came back after realizing that I missed the bye pass road. Paid around 40 rs for the toll at Porur circle for one way.
The NH5 road is bad until TN border. Still there are lot of diversions and unfinished works along NH5 until we reach Gummundipoondi. After the TN border, the road is awesome and kept 90-110 kmph until Nellore.
kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 10:14   #38
BHPian

It had been a while this post was updated. I have been looking into this post to see an update that says the shortest route from Tambaram to Sriperumbudur Via Manimangalam is now navigable without damaging your car or ride. Anyway, I tried this route this weekend (26th Oct-27th Oct 2013). I drove thru this route twice and it is really in good condition to my surprise even during this rainy season. Almost 85% of the road is in a very good condition. At one place the road breaks, but there is a clear sign to take diversion. It's just a few meters. A few pot holes in some areas, but nothing much to worry. Few things to note however. There will be cattle on the road when you cross some villages - beware. The road is a bit narrow in some places, yet two lanes, so not a big worry. There are three consecutive blind curves without good amount of banking. Please drive with a bit of caution there. This route had very much cut down my travel time as the total distance 10 kms shorter than the route thru Oragadam.
Old 28th October 2013, 10:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Some how I feel the fastest and safest route is Tambaram-Vandalur-Oragadam-Sriperumbudhur. Good roads throughout and you get decent 4 laned road too.
Old 28th October 2013, 12:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
It had been a while this post was updated. I have been looking into this post to see an update that says the shortest route from Tambaram to Sriperumbudur Via Manimangalam is now navigable without damaging your car or ride. Anyway, I tried this route this weekend (26th Oct-27th Oct 2013). I drove thru this route twice and it is really in good condition to my surprise even during this rainy season. Almost 85% of the road is in a very good condition. At one place the road breaks, but there is a clear sign to take diversion. It's just a few meters. A few pot holes in some areas, but nothing much to worry. Few things to note however. There will be cattle on the road when you cross some villages - beware. The road is a bit narrow in some places, yet two lanes, so not a big worry. There are three consecutive blind curves without good amount of banking. Please drive with a bit of caution there. This route had very much cut down my travel time as the total distance 10 kms shorter than the route thru Oragadam.
You are right. This is a fast way to reach Sriperumbudur. Used to take this route regularly to drop my wife to college in Thandalam. I was staying at Bharathi nagar on Mudichur road then. Took just about 45 mins.
As you rightly said there is a break in the road with a dangerous dip. Have to be careful at night. The first time I was coming from Kerala by road we drove our WagonR straight into this ditch. Luckily no one was hurt.
Old 28th October 2013, 20:33   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Some how I feel the fastest and safest route is Tambaram-Vandalur-Oragadam-Sriperumbudhur. Good roads throughout and you get decent 4 laned road too.
Currently Vandalur to Oragadam stretch has lot of potholes and is not good. Hence I took this Somangalam route, only to find that the route saved time besides being good. :-)
Old 29th October 2013, 15:45   #42
BHPian

Even the Mudichur-Manimangalam - Pennalur road is good except for 2 sharp bends inside Manimangalam and a big dip+ diversion just near the JK Tyre factory.
Old 28th August 2014, 12:08   #43
BHPian

Has anybody used the Sriperambadur - Thiruvallur Road? I need to go to Tirupati and plan to use this road. I will be starting from Medavakkam and if this road is good I can use
Medavakkam - Tambaram - Mudichur - Manimangalam - Sriperumbadur - Thiruvallur.

Another option is Medavakkam - Tambaram - Outer Ring Road till Nemilichery - join MTH Road and then to Thiruvallur

Is the Outer Ring road complete till Nemilichery near Thiruninravur especially the ROB across Chennai Arakonam Railway line?
EDIT: I see an ad of grand opening today in skyscrapper city? Any body has updates on its completeness?

Last edited by DWind : 28th August 2014 at 12:36.
Old 28th August 2014, 12:46   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I will be starting from Medavakkam and if this road is good I can use
Medavakkam - Tambaram - Mudichur - Manimangalam - Sriperumbadur - Thiruvallur.

The road from Tambaram to Sriperumbudur is very decent and this distance of 20km can be very easily covered. Just be careful as there are some blind turns.
Old 28th August 2014, 14:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Another option is Medavakkam - Tambaram - Outer Ring Road till Nemilichery - join MTH Road and then to Thiruvallur
MTH Road I've found has much more traffic than the Thirumazhisai route. My suggestion is to take Bypass to Porur, exit immediately after the toll. Turn right towards Iyyappanthangal from service road. After Kattupakkam turn right towards Arumbakkam and in 2 km turn left at the Poonamalee bypass. The only bottlenecks here are Bypass service lane and the Tiruvallur turnoff from NH4. Rest are free flowing traffic throughout.

Alternatively you can take Bypass to Puzhal and take Naidupeta-Srikalahasti-Tirupati. You'll have some traffic in Puzhal after exiting from Bypass thats all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks