Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 14:03   #16
BANNED

Re: April Mid to May First week - COORG?

I dont believe it is oppressively hot in coorg. I have trekked there in May. The sun beats down but without stifling a person oppressively.

If you step out of your a/c car obviously your perception will be otherwise. Depends on ow mentally prepared one is. Think of all the guys playing cricket all day long in Nagpur in summer

--Ragul
Old 17th March 2011, 14:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Hey Guys,

However want to know if the weather will be good overthere or its hot and waste of time?

Thanks!
I believe this time of the year Coorg will be hot, we had visited during the same time and found it to be too hot, stayed at capitol village resort.

Mysore & Ooty will be better.
Old 17th March 2011, 15:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

I was in Coorg last weekend. I was in South Coorg (Irpu), which has a lot more vegetation compared to Madikeri area. Yet, it was quite warm. At mid-day, the temperature is somewhat how it is in Bangalore at 8 AM.
Old 17th March 2011, 15:59   #19
Team-BHP Support

It would be quite hot during April but not excessively hot to prevent the holiday altogether. The Nights aren't too cold, at least not by other hill stations' standards (read ooty, kodaikanal, munnar). Also, don't be surprised when you see most of the waterfalls running at 10%-20% strength

Some other hill stations would be a better choice at this time - Ooty/Kodaikanal/Munnar - just my opinion.
Old 17th March 2011, 17:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ragul, Kites,rohan and Karthik!!
Thanks a lot for the reply.
actually I was thinking that it would not be hotter than Hyderabad atleast. I was hoping that evening and nights would be pleasant.
But Karthik's reply has let down my hope big time :(. hehe!! I was thinking Coorg, beacuse it is doable from hyderabad in a day. Kodai and Munnar gets too far and we will have to halt for a night somewhere. Not keen on Ooty as we have been there twice last year.
Only thing still tempting us to get to Coorg is plethora of options for good homestay and good trekking options. Let's see what we decide.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 17th March 2011 at 17:22.
Old 17th March 2011, 17:39   #21
BHPian

If your budget allows you, Orange county is the best option in Coorg. But i believe that about 11K a night. Hence i stress on "Only if your budget allows you"!!
Old 17th March 2011, 17:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post
If your budget allows you, Orange county is the best option in Coorg. But i believe that about 11K a night. Hence i stress on "Only if your budget allows you"!!
11k for a night!!not on my dead body!! hehe!!! that is too high for me. I was looking at Alath Cad, Forest flower, Palace Estate, River side cottage, etc. which are in the range of 2k to 3K for a night. I am following your Kanyakumari-kodai travelogue
Attaching the links below:
Home Stay Kodagu - Home Stays

Welcome To Forest Flower - Home Stay

RIVER SIDE RESORTS

HomeStay in Coorg, Palace Estate

Alath - Cad
Old 18th March 2011, 11:24   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
actually I was thinking that it would not be hotter than Hyderabad atleast. I was hoping that evening and nights would be pleasant.
But Karthik's reply has let down my hope big time :(. hehe!! I was thinking Coorg, beacuse it is doable from hyderabad in a day. Kodai and Munnar gets too far and we will have to halt for a night somewhere.
If you've done ooty earlier and if kodai seems too far, go ahead and make it to Coorg by all means. It's not as bad as you are thinking. When you mentioned "hotter than Hyderabad", the equation changed.

Daytime temperature would be around the higher 30s and night-time around 19-20-21 degrees. If you decide on a coffee estate homestay for relaxation during your holiday, chances are you wont feel the heat amidst the greenery but if you do a lot of sightseeing/trekking the entire day, it will seem hot. Like I said earlier, it won't be excessively hot to prevent your holiday altogether go ahead and have a nice trip!
Old 18th March 2011, 11:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Here is my advice (that I give to anyone who wishes to visit Coorg). If you want to visit different tourist attractions (Talakaveri, Buddhist Golden Temple, Raja's Seat etc), then consider Madikeri.
However, if you just want to spend most of the time relaxing, and like being close to the nature, try South Coorg (such places as Irpu or Kutta). Here, you have Irpu falls and Rameshwara temple, Tata Tea's Glenlorna estate and Nagarahole national park. Also, Kuruva Island and even Wayanad aren't that far.
Old 18th March 2011, 19:53   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys, reviving this thread.
Wanted to Know, how is the weather in Coorg now for April 1st week trip. We know it will be a little hot around that time in Coorg but will it be uncomfortable? We don't mind if it's a little hot but pleasant. What we know that evenings would be cool and pleasant. We are looking for a 3 day trip from Hyderabad.
Any updates / advices?
What a coincidence. Me and wifey are also planning for a trip in the first week of April and are listing out the places to visit. It is a first time visit to Coorg for both of us.

I believe the weather is pleasant and variations in the temp between day and night is not too much. Hoping for a great trip.

And you guys have a great one too!

Cheers!

Prajwal

Most Viewed