Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 17:26   #1
BHPian

Road Conditions on Mysore-Mandya-Huliyurdurga-Kunigal-Tumkur

Moderator I couldn’t find the exact thread, please put it across if you have one.

I need the following questions answers on route Mysore-Mandya-Maddur-Huliyurdurga-Kunigal-Tumkur

1) How is the road condition as it a State Highway?
2) Do we have enough sign board as I will traveling early morning?
3) I think its about 153 kms, is it right?
4) Is route Mysore - Nagamangala - Bellur cross -Kunigal-Tumkur a better route than this one?

Note:- I don’t want to touch Bangalore ?

Please advice.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:55   #2
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
4) Is route Mysore - Nagamangala - Bellur cross -Kunigal-Tumkur a better route than this one?

Note:- I don’t want to touch Bangalore ?

Please advice.
Ranjith, The route Mysore - Nagamangala - Bellur Cross - Adichunchunagiri - Mayasandra - Kadaba - Gubbi - Tumkur is better. The road surface is smooth till Adichunchunagiri and the traffic is very less. Barring a few rough patches in between kadaba and Gubbi the road is just ok. I took this road in March and it was quiet ok then. The distance is 153 kms.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Ranjith, The route Mysore - Nagamangala - Bellur Cross - Adichunchunagiri - Mayasandra - Kadaba - Gubbi - Tumkur is better. The road surface is smooth till Adichunchunagiri and the traffic is very less. Barring a few rough patches in between kadaba and Gubbi the road is just ok. I took this road in March and it was quiet ok then. The distance is 153 kms.
Thanks MCR. Do we have enough sign board as I will traveling early morning and for the first time in this route.
Old 6th May 2010, 19:22   #4
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks MCR. Do we have enough sign board as I will traveling early morning and for the first time in this route.
We have some signboards till Adichunchunagiri. Later on the sign boards are few and far. But you can find a lot of villagers on the road and they are more than eager to help you with the directions.
Old 6th May 2010, 21:25   #5
BHPian

Ranjith,
Mysore - Nagamangala - Bellur cross -Kunigal-Tumkur is good. I have travelled on this road upto Bellur cross 4-5 times last month and is pleasure to drive. Have not travelled beyond Bellur, but i guess it should be good. The traffice is sparse, in early morning it will be still less. All the KSRTC buses plying to Tumkur from Mysore take this route, be aware of these KSRTC buses as they tend to think they are the owners of this road.

Upto Bellur the road is properly marked and has good signage. There is one bridge just before Bellur cross which is very narrow is for one-way trafffic.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:20   #6
BHPian

So two votes for Mysore - Nagamangala - Bellur cross -Kunigal-Tumkur than the Mysore-Mandya-Huliyurdurga-Kunigal-Tumkur.

Thanks for your comments gypsyFreak & MCR.

Do you guys have any pics of the road?
Old 7th May 2010, 12:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Make it 3 votes.

The first part of the route Mysore-Nagamangala-Bellur Cross is good, according to gypsyfreak. The second part is Bellur-Mayasandra-Turuvekere-Ammasandra-Gubbi-Tumkur route

I have traveled from Gubbi to Bellur cross via Ammasandra-Turuvekere-Mayasandra last year. It was very good at that time. But, this route may be a wee bit farther compared to the one MCR has suggested i.e. Bellur-Mayasandra-Kadaba-Gubbi. I really am not sure how far it is though.

Alternatively, one can take Bellur-Mayasandra-Turuvekere-Kibbanahalli Cross (KB Cross)-Gubbi-Tumkur. You may find signboards on this route.
Old 7th May 2010, 14:53   #8
BHPian

Thanks Addy...

As I will be heading to Pune I will take the shorter route, Mysore-Nagamangala-Bellur-Bellur-Mayasandra-Kadaba-Gubbi-Tumkur. Its about 154 Kms.
Old 7th May 2010, 16:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

For Pune, don't you think, you will be better off taking the Shimoga route. You can join NH 4 at Chitradurga or Harihar
Old 7th May 2010, 17:38   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
For Pune, don't you think, you will be better off taking the Shimoga route. You can join NH 4 at Chitradurga or Harihar
Hey Addy, your right I was thinking about the same, start from Mysore and head to Mayasandra, Hullyar and then to Hiriyur to Chitradurga.

But I heard from HVK that state highway might not be in good condition as it might be raining in June (thats when I am planning to travel) so thought of taking the highway from Tumkur as NH is always better and even if it rains i could constantly been in 70-80 Kmph.

One more thing I dont want to get lost in the State Highway.

What do you say... ?

Last edited by ranjith.rajaram : 7th May 2010 at 17:43. Reason: added more content
Old 7th May 2010, 18:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

The shortest route would be Mysore-Shimoga-Harihar. The road is very good until Shimoga. The last 80 or so kms from Shimoga to Harihar, I'm not sure.

In the route you have specified, Mayasandra-Huliyar-Hiriyur. I know that the road is good upto Kibbanahalli Cross, after that I do not know. But, there should be no confusion since the roads are pretty much straightforward.

Another route you can take is Mysore-Bhadravathi-Chitradurga although it might be a little far.

Hope this helps.
Old 7th May 2010, 18:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
The shortest route would be Mysore-Shimoga-Harihar. The road is very good until Shimoga. The last 80 or so kms from Shimoga to Harihar, I'm not sure.

In the route you have specified, Mayasandra-Huliyar-Hiriyur. I know that the road is good upto Kibbanahalli Cross, after that I do not know. But, there should be no confusion since the roads are pretty much straightforward.

Another route you can take is Mysore-Bhadravathi-Chitradurga although it might be a little far.

Hope this helps.
Hey Addy, I think this is the route you're taking about.

Road Conditions on Mysore-Mandya-Huliyurdurga-Kunigal-Tumkur-map.jpg

Can you clarify the following on route Mysore-Shimoga-Harihar.

1) How is the road condition & Signboards ?
2) Is is four way / do we have a divider in between ?
3) On heavy rains how are these roads ?
Old 7th May 2010, 18:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Addy, I think this is the route you're taking about.

Can you clarify the following on route Mysore-Shimoga-Harihar.

1) How is the road condition & Signboards ?
2) Is is four way / do we have a divider in between ?
3) On heavy rains how are these roads ?
The route is Mysore-Srirangapatna-Pandavapura-Channarayapatna (C R Patna)-Arsikere-Shimoga-Honnali-Harihar

You have a four lane road with dividers until Srirangapatna. After Srirangapatna it is a good two carriageway road all the way till Shimoga. As I said earlier, I do not know the road conditions between Shimoga & Harihar.

Rains should not be a problem. After Srirangapatna, there is practically very little traffic until Arsikere. At Arsikere you will join the NH206 which sees a fair bit of traffic, but it should not be a problem at all.

Regarding signboards, after Srirangapatna, just look for boards pointing to CR Patna & Arsikere. After Arsikere, you will find boards to Shimoga. After Shimoga, I don't remember much. The last I travelled there was around 4-5 years back.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:18   #14
Team-BHP Support

There are quite a few TLs on Pandavpura in TBHP and road till there is very good. If you search you should find some.

The Shimoga-Harihar is the same route which we were discussing before (Shimoga - Rannebennur).

Last edited by ampere : 7th May 2010 at 19:20.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:35   #15
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
The route is Mysore-Srirangapatna-Pandavapura-Channarayapatna (C R Patna)-Arsikere-Shimoga-Honnali-Harihar

You have a four lane road with dividers until Srirangapatna. After Srirangapatna it is a good two carriageway road all the way till Shimoga. As I said earlier, I do not know the road conditions between Shimoga & Harihar.

Rains should not be a problem. After Srirangapatna, there is practically very little traffic until Arsikere. At Arsikere you will join the NH206 which sees a fair bit of traffic, but it should not be a problem at all.

Regarding signboards, after Srirangapatna, just look for boards pointing to CR Patna & Arsikere. After Arsikere, you will find boards to Shimoga. After Shimoga, I don't remember much. The last I travelled there was around 4-5 years back.
Ranjith, You have one more option togo upto Shimoga. You can take this route:
Mysore - Holenarsipur - Hassan - Belur - Chickmagalur - Lingadalli - Tarikere - Badravathi by pass - Shimoga. This route is safe, scenic, very good and has proper direction boards. I am a regular on this route and I can tell you its very scenic between Chickmagalur and Tarikere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks