Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2022, 09:17   #31
BHPian

Re: Route from Lucknow to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
I have previously always driven via Jhansi-Kanpur, and this time wanted to check on the feedback for the Jabalpur-Satna-Raebareli section, as it's about 150 kms and (as per google) 1 hour shorter.
It is shorter by 80 odd kms if you go via Allahabad, compared to the Jhansi route. I don't think you can avoid touching Allahabad. The Jabalpur - Satna - Raebareilly route may be through interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
My suggestion would be go further towards Allahabad via Jabalpur and then take a left towards Rae Bareli, eventually reaching Lucknow.
Exactly. Going via Allahabad is a better option. However, post Allahabad, you will get undivided two lane highway till Raebareilly (approx 120 kms). But it avoids all the small towns enroute, including Kunda and railway crossings.
Old 27th December 2022, 09:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
The route you should follow here should be Jabalpur - Rewa - Satna - Chitrakoot - Banda - Fatehpur - Lalganj - Bachrawan - Lucknow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Driving via Jhansi is always a better bet. Crossing Jhansi is yet better than crossing all of Naini and Allahabad and taking the single carriageway till Raibareilly. One can do so if one has lot of time.
Quote:
It is shorter by 80 odd kms if you go via Allahabad, compared to the Jhansi route. ...However, post Allahabad, you will get undivided two lane highway till Raebareilly (approx 120 kms).
Thanks for the pointers everyone! However the convenience of having a divided 4 lane throughout won me over yet again, and I went via Jhansi (bypass).

Quote:
When I drove in February, the Jam (post Nagpur) - Adilabad section was still okay though had potholes here and there. Is it that bad now...?
This was pretty bad right now... It may be worth while getting some social media awareness for this blight on the otherwise golden NH44/AH47 experience.

Quote:
My next trip from Lucknow to Bangalore is planned for Jan 1st or 2nd week...keeping my fingers crossed for yet another great ride
All the best! We did not see much fog except for between Nagpur-Narsinghpur which we crossed on the dawn of day 2.

The usual suspects of holy cows kept us alert and we had the fortune of not only meeting onesies and twosies, but even a huge herd!

Otherwise the journey continues to be interesting, not too tiring despite being long and (considering the year end holiday flight fares) pretty economical and with super generous weight allowance
Attached Thumbnails
Route from Lucknow to Bangalore-20221225_105339.jpg  

Last edited by NowNew7 : 27th December 2022 at 09:04. Reason: Fix formatting issues due to image
Old 29th May 2023, 15:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueConverted View Post
As soon as we crossed the border into Maharashtra, the roads became TERRIBLE for a distance of ~100 kms (more or less until we got till within striking distance of Nagpur.) There were huge potholes that looked like they would swallow up the entire car, and in fact we did bottom out terribly once on the highway.
I did this section recently on 20th May, 2023 and did not find the road too bad. There were many patch up work so it seems like it has been repaired to a large extend. Reading previous posts in this thread, I was anticipating really bad roads but we breezed though this section without the road bothering us.
Old 5th June 2023, 14:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaprasoon View Post
I did this section recently on 20th May, 2023 and did not find the road too bad. There were many patch up work so it seems like it has been repaired to a large extend. Reading previous posts in this thread, I was anticipating really bad roads but we breezed though this section without the road bothering us.
This is true. The Adilabad - Hinganghat section is not terrible anymore. But it is a patch-worked section, not a clean smooth surface.

However, it is not the case throughout when one crosses MH territory on NH 44. From Hinganghat to Mansar and Paoni, it is in an all time fine condition. The most boring section though in terms of scenic places is compensated by finest road surface and driving pleasure right now.

You don't get any good eating joint either anywhere in this section, at least till you reach Buti Bori or Mansar. So, nothing to think about and you can drive and drive...

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 5th June 2023 at 14:43.
Old 5th June 2023, 16:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Is Hinganghat-Adilabad improved from December 2022? It was patched up and bumpy. One can do 90 in some sections and 80 in a few.
Old 5th June 2023, 18:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

I did all of nh44 from Delhi onwards and that hinganghat to pandherkawada section is the worst bit. While not as bad as before, it is still bumpy and if your car has a stiff suspension, you will get jerks.

I maintained 80-90 in that stretch as any higher isn't advisable due to appearance of sudden rough patches.

Sad bit it inspite of such poor maintenance, they still charge toll on that stretch.

Surprisingly the cow menace wasn't as bad as people warned us about. Maybe we got lucky.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 5th June 2023 at 18:31.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 09:10   #37
BHPian

Friends - Another Lucknow to Bangalore trip coming up in next 2 weeks. Hope the roads are in the same great shape as before.

Fingers crossed, Would update on the road conditions on this thread once I complete the journey.
Old 30th July 2023, 07:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Friends - Another Lucknow to Bangalore trip coming up in next 2 weeks. Hope the roads are in the same great shape as before.
The roads are in excellent condition, as it appeared in mid-May this year, except for the bypass roads in Katni and Rewa. Even the Allahabad - Raibareilly section is good though it is still undivided road. The good news is that all the railway crossings are done away with in this section.
Happy driving!
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 08:01   #39
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am doing a solo Blr-Lucknow trip on my Virtus GT this saturday. If anyone has done the route recently please provide inputs on road conditions.

My Plan
Day 1 - Blr to Nagpur via Hyd

Day 2 - Nagpur to Lucknow via Jhansi & Kanpur
Old 12th October 2023, 10:01   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Hi Folks,

I am doing a solo Blr-Lucknow trip on my Virtus GT this saturday. If anyone has done the route recently please provide inputs on road conditions.

My Plan
Day 1 - Blr to Nagpur via Hyd

Day 2 - Nagpur to Lucknow via Jhansi & Kanpur
I did this stretch in reverse (Lucknow to Bangalore) in Aug and roads were overall in great shape except some stretch between Adilabad and Nagpur, which was not broken but patched.

If you can start early from Bangalore, around 4-430 AM and you should be in Hyderabad around Lunch, and reach Nagpur by 8 PM.

Also, Nagpur - Jhansi - Kanpur stretch is longer, see if you can go via Jabalpur - Rewa - Allahabad, its shorter and very much possible to do in 1 day.

Additionally, while in MP, pls remain beware about numerous cattle occupying all roads reducing speed drastically as also creating traffic nuisance and reducing overall speed.

Pls also remember that Days are getting shorter in the Northern part of India, so visibility is getting reduced after 6 PM, again remain cautious.

Other than this, overall trip would be a wonderful experience and you would love it.
shantanumishra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 10:03   #41
BHPian

I completed my solo Bangalore Lucknow drive yesterday in two days on my Virtus GT

Day 1 - Bangalore to Nagpur via Hyd
Distance - 1100 kms
Roads were 95% awesome. Best roads were in Telangana. As soon as I entered MH, roads were horrible for 50kms.

I started at 350am and was stuck in ORR (metro night diversion) Blr traffic for first 30 to 40 mins
Reached Hyd Nehru Ring Road by 12pm.
Reached Nagpur by 730pm.

Day 2 - Nagpur to Lucknow via Jhansi
Distance - 900 kms
Completely unhappy with the quality of NH. Not a single stretch even near comparable with Day 1. Upto around 90kms ahead of Jhansi was absolutely bad roads with full of deadly alloy breaker potholes.
Jhansi to Kanpur was ok'ish but still not as enjoyable as lets say a Hyd Telengana stretch.
Kanpur to Lucknow was PITA with lot of traffic, patchy roads.

I started at 430am from Nagpur and reached Jhansi by 1pm. Reached Lucknow at 7pm.

MP roads are extremely dangerous with cattle roaming freely and jumping at will in front of the vehicles. Atleast 7 to 8 cows jumped in front of my car and out of those 2 were close, thanks to VW braking!!!

Overall Day 2, I am not so happy with the quality of the AH. It is unacceptable to have these important highways in this bad state with potholes and zero maintenance evident for years. I pity the truck drivers as well who also have to zig zag to avoid potholes.

Overall mileage from Day 1 and 2 in my Virtus GT was close to 13 and I usually maintain decent speeds.

On a different note, Virtus is amazing, and having owned a Crysta and Fortuner before this, I can say, they are no match for a Virtus overall except lets say Fortuner would have been better falling into a pothole. Similar to Toyotas, no driving fatigue at all, in fact fresh even after 1000kms in a day. Suspension is sorted and I could compare to my Crysta. Dynamics, power and braking of course next level, close to BMWs.

Note : Those who have done this route multiple times, would return from Lucknow to Nagpur via Pragagraj and Jabalpur be better?

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 16th October 2023 at 10:26.
Old 16th October 2023, 10:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Note : Those who have done this route multiple times, would return from Lucknow to Nagpur via Pragagraj and Jabalpur be better?
Yes, definitely better than Lucknow-Jhansi-Nagpur stretch, also shorter.
shantanumishra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 13:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I completed my solo Bangalore Lucknow drive yesterday in two days on my Virtus GT
Prayagraj to Mangawan lots of truck traffic.
After Rewa Bypass four lane work is going on for about 30kms.
After the bad stretch of 30 kms it is four laned through out upto Lakhnadon
Cattle mence is there in Madhya Pradesh have to be careful
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 13:26   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Prayagraj to Mangawan lots of truck traffic.
After Rewa Bypass four lane work is going on for about 30kms.
After the bad stretch of 30 kms it is four laned through out upto Lakhnadon
Cattle mence is there in Madhya Pradesh have to be careful
How is the road from Lucknow till Prayagraj?
Old 16th October 2023, 13:33   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How is the road from Lucknow till Prayagraj?
Not travelled that route till now
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks