Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 16:01   #1

Route from Lucknow to Bangalore

Team

I'm planning to drive from Lucknow to Bangalore via Pune in the 3rd week of June. I wanted to get some recommendations on which route to take and decent places to stay with my wife. We plan to drive easy and in no particular rush, so 500-600 KM is what I'm planning to do in a day.

What would you recommend ? I will be driving in my new Honda City 1.5V ...

Thanks
Abhishek
Old 10th June 2010, 17:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Lucknow-Allahabad-Rewa-Katni-Jabalpur-Seoni-Nagpur-Adilabad-Hyderabad-Kurnool-Bangalore.

The bad roads are between Allahabad and Rewa. To avoid that is a long detour via Varanasi and Mirzapur which is not worth it. For the rest of the route in MP, the chances of the roads holding up during the rains are reasonably good.

You could take a detour at Rewa and visit Kajuraho.
You could go to Bedeghat (Narmada River) near Jabalpur.

If you do without sight-seeing, with reasonable speeds, sunrise to sunset driivng, you should do the journey in 3 days.
D1: Lucknow-Jabalpur
D2: Jabalpur-Hyderabad
D3: Hyderabad-Bangalore
Old 15th June 2010, 11:14   #3

Thanks Kumar!

I intend to stop for a day in Pune and then, do Pune-Bangalore in a day.

How about this route Lucknow-Jhansi or Shivpuri (Day1), Shivpuri -Indore (Day2), Indore-Pune(Day3) & stopover in Pune (Day4) and Pune-Bangalore (Day5) ?

Any recommendations route/hotel etc.. ? Pre-cautions I should take considering I'll be driving thru MP...

Highly appreciate any comments!!
Old 15th June 2010, 12:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

I completely overlooked the fact that you wanted to go via Pune, sorry.

If you leave early (say, 5 am), and drive fast, you can reach Indore the same night itself, instead of Jhansi, which is hardly 6 hours drive from Lucknow via Kanpur.

In the event you are unable to make it to Indore, which is 8 hours drive from Jhansi, you can stop over at Shivpuri, Guna or Vijaipur, after which stay facilities are poor or non-existent.

From Indore to Pune is an easy day's drive, either via Dhulia/Aurangabad or Nashik to Pune or via Khandwa and .Aurangabad.

In Jhansi, you can stay at Hotel Sita, in Shivpuri the MPTDC Resort, Guna has a couple of hotels. Indore has several options, depending on your budget.

Luckily, rains are just starting in the region, so roads are not so bad. No safety issues on the route.
Old 15th June 2010, 15:24   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi98 View Post
How about this route Lucknow-Jhansi or Shivpuri (Day1), Shivpuri -Indore (Day2), Indore-Pune(Day3) & stopover in Pune (Day4) and Pune-Bangalore (Day5) ?
I have done part fo this route twice (Kanpur-Manipal) also Lucknow is my home town.

Day 1: Looks feasible to Shivpuri. Two possible blocks - NH2 is being done in Kanpur so Jajmau (Ganges Bridge) to Rama Devi (where you join the NH2) can be dodgy and take an hour plus. Then NHH25 to from Bhignipur (~50km from Kanpur) to Jhansi is under 4-laning. Expect delays.

Day2: Tough. I once did Indore-Pune in a day, and was tiring. On the way back we cut is down to Nashik-Indore. Shivpuri-Indore was not too good. Suggest you cut it to Dhulia.

Day 3: An early start should get you to Pune by say 10:00am. If the rest of the day is enough so you lose no time.

Pune-Bangalore: excellent by all accounts. Have no personal experience.

Day
Old 16th June 2010, 14:51   #6

Kumar

Looks like .. plans always change

I will be taking this route Lucknow-Allahabad-Rewa-Katni-Jabalpur-Seoni-Nagpur-Adilabad-Hyderabad-Kurnool-Bangalore.

Would you be able to share some details around the road conditions & staying locations in Jabalpur/Nagpur/Hyd etc.. (Price point around 3k-5K)

Thanks!
Old 16th June 2010, 15:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kumar

I will be taking this route Lucknow-Allahabad-Rewa-Katni-Jabalpur-Seoni-Nagpur-Adilabad-Hyderabad-Kurnool-Bangalore.

Would you be able to share some details around the road conditions & staying locations in Jabalpur/Nagpur/Hyd etc.. (Price point around 3k-5K)

Thanks!
Just 2 days ago, LongDriveLover has taken the same route to Bangalore from Lucknow, and he reported decent road conditions, except in Allahabad-Rewa stretch. He has suggested an excellent hotel in Seoni (which you reach on day 1) - Motel Centre Point, Just before Seoni Bypass starts (from Jabalpur side), 07692-294555, 09424364655.

Before Seoni, Rewa has a good MPTDC hotel, also in Jabalpur. Instead of going into Jabalpur city, you can take a small detour and go stay in the excellent MPTDC hotel at Bedeghat on the banks of the River Narmada. For that, you have to go some 15 kms on NH12 (Bhopal road), which you can go from the Jabalpur bypass itself (better than going into the messy city)

The MPTDC also has a jungle resort on the NH7 itself some 10-15 kms from end of Seoni bypass, at a place called Rookad. However, check the MPTDC web-site and call them up in advance, not sure if they are open during the rains.

Nagpur has lots of hotels, am sure you can go find one there after reaching there, or PM Nagpur members (maybe pramods) for more info.

In Adilabad, I have stayed at Hotel Ravi Teja (no numbers though). It is in the main road of the town - don't take the new bypass. LDL stayed in another hotel exactly opposite Ravi teja, whose details are: Hotel Laxmi Residency, Opp. Bus Stand, Adilabad (It is in Axis Bank Building), 08732-236677

Hyderabad - lots of options, check out with our members there, they will have better ideas than I.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:37   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Kumar

Thanks!
You can call LDL, if you can. He is on a Lukhnow-Kanyakumari drive right now and I met him in Bangalore yesterday.
He is on his way to KK currently. I think, he went via Chhatarpur instead of Allahadad. Here is the link to his queries:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...s-invited.html
Old 29th March 2013, 11:21   #9
BHPian

Re: Route from Lucknow to Bangalore

Though an old thread, I could not find another one connecting Lucknow with Bangalore. I hope there are more members here who have driven from Lucknow to Bangalore or back. Did any one do it recently?

What I understand is that now it is okay to take the Lucknow-Jhansi-Lakhnadon route itself. I am also in no hurry, and would spend a week or so in Hyderabad enroute. But is it okay to travel in the first week of May, given that it is summer all through? My car's AC is in good condition. Still will it affect a travel with children?

Does NH 7 bypass Gooty town also nowadays? And what about Chikballapur? I remember in the days I used to travel Bangalore-Hyderabad by bus, these had pretty fine stopovers for food.

Vipin.
Old 29th March 2013, 12:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post

Does NH 7 bypass Gooty town also nowadays? And what about Chikballapur? I remember in the days I used to travel Bangalore-Hyderabad by bus, these had pretty fine stopovers for food.

Vipin.

Yes NH-7 from Hyderabad to Banglore is four laned toll road.
All the towns enroute are bypassed except for Kurnool town which might slow
you down during the day.
Stopover for food you have plenty of dhabas enroute.
Decent eating places Ghar dhabas one near Kurnool town and another one near Chikaballapur. Hotel Ravi teja near Gooty has good reviews in this forum
but personally I have not stopped in this place.Hope this helps.
Old 19th September 2020, 17:01   #11
BHPian

In case anyone is planning around this time, cross posting my update on my recent Bengaluru-Hyderabad-Adilabad-Nagpur-Chindwara-Sagar-Jhansi-Lucknow run: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4888379 (Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions) and a short summary of the road conditions I encountered: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4889425 (Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions)
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 18:06   #12
BHPian

Friends - Planning to do Bangalore -> Lucknow around 2nd week of Apr. Any inputs about the route / e-pass / RT PCR tests would be welcome.

Would be travelling with Wife and 2 kids, so, Pls provide Route options and pit stop suggestions.
Old 28th March 2021, 08:11   #13
BHPian

The best route is via Jhansi - Lakhnadon - Nagpur bypass - Hyderabad ORR. Good places for stay, rest, food on the way. You have relatively empty roads throughout once you cross Kanpur Dehat.

If one is adventurous, and wants to try different options, we have Jhansi - Shivpuri - Indore - Pune route also. Will be a little longer.
Old 1st April 2021, 19:21   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
The best route is via Jhansi - Lakhnadon - Nagpur bypass - Hyderabad ORR. Good places for stay, rest, food on the way. You have relatively empty roads throughout once you cross Kanpur Dehat.

If one is adventurous, and wants to try different options, we have Jhansi - Shivpuri - Indore - Pune route also. Will be a little longer.
Thanks, but I really need to completed this trip in 3 days flat, no choice of extension, so cant be adventurous for now. Maybe some other time.

Pls suggest some Pitstops considering increased Covid cases
Old 1st April 2021, 19:40   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Pls suggest some Pitstops considering increased Covid cases
Then Hyd - Lakhnadon - Jhansi is the way.

Between Jhansi and Kanpur, the only decent place is Dedar Resort, about 30 odd kms from Jhansi.

Sagar has Hotel Deepali Residency. The only good place for stay between Seoni and Jhansi. Jhansi has Sarovar Portico also.

Seoni has Hotel Grand Rajwada. Little into the town. But easy to reach.

Otherwise, there are MPTDC motels on the way, between Seoni and Narsinghpur, between Narsinghpur and Sagar, between Sagar and Jhansi. These are good pitstops.

Before Kurnool, there is Amazon Kitchens.

And, at Buti Bori, 24 kms before Nagpur, you have Hotel Mayur Vihar, has good restaurant, washrooms, etc. You have to just turn left from the junction and on your right, you will get this place.

Rest, we can can connect if required.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 1st April 2021 at 19:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks