Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:59   #16
BHPian

What abut Kodava/Coorg? Just had a fabulous time there. Some of the home-stays are awesome! And it will be just about a 4 hr drive.
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:37   #17
BHPian

HI Neel

Have you got some contact details for homestays with prices.

Thanks ra
Subs
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:58   #18
BHPian

I stayed with Kabbey Holidays. Check it out here Homestay in Coorg, Karnataka - www.kabbeholidays.com
Old 4th August 2010, 10:23   #19
BHPian

Catch up the monsoon rain drops from the wide, open balcony in Ayur county resorts Munnar. Please check the links attached. Club mahindra resorts is also suggested.

--AYUR COUNTY--
Old 8th October 2013, 19:09   #20
BHPian

Suggestions on trip from bangalore during upcoming weekend

Hi everyone,
I am looking for some advice on an ideal trip during the upcoming long weekend to somewhere near Bangalore.
Here are the details:-
Who: Myself, wife, son(3 years), Brother-In-Law & Wife, Son(1 year old)
How: Polo Tdi
Start: Saturday morning/afternoon (Depending on when my BIL and family arrive from Chennai)
End: Monday evening/night.

Remember that its not only the travel, but family also wants to enjoy the places and have fun.

Ideas that came up:
1) Goa: was the first choice, but unaware of the duration it takes from Bangalore, road conditions, and most importantly some good+cheap places to stay. Another negative is that we would spend too much time traveling.
2) Ooty: Didn't come up during our discussions, but some family members advised it would be crowded.
3) Munnar
4) Wayanad
5) Mysore(distant last)
6)?

Any other suggestions that you guys have? Goa is tugging at our hearts at the moment. But would be out of the picture if the time and lodging aren't right!

MODS: Wasn't able to search through entirely through the forum for a matching thread, hence opened a new one. If there is one, kindly merge.
Old 8th October 2013, 19:31   #21
BHPian

Re: Suggestions on trip from bangalore during upcoming weekend

Your choice is also going to be dictated by the availability of accommodation over a long weekend. I would also throw in Yercaud and Madikeri in there. Goa seems like a stretch given that you plan to start on Sat and return Mon. Have fun!
BackInTheFold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 15:21   #22
BHPian

Re: Suggestions on trip from bangalore during upcoming weekend

Chickmangalore or Wayanad would be ideal, rest of the places that you suggested are far away to drive within 3 days and two children under 3 years and the crowd would be terrible, you might forget that it is a holiday. Even the eateries en route will be swrming wth crowds. Wherever you go ensure to leave really early and your breakfast is best to carry to avoid crowds and for lunch ensure to eat well in advance to avoid the mad rush.
Ooty and Mysore best to be avoided for the crowds and try to get accomodation at madikeri/ chickmangalore or wayanad at some homestay wherein the crowd would be limited and you would have enough private estates to chill out.

All the best book right now since its the peak season wherein kids are free not to touch their books on account of Pooja.

Last edited by majumon : 9th October 2013 at 15:34.
majumon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 18:57   #23
BHPian

Suggestions required for a 4-day trip from Bangalore

Hi folks,

I and my wife are planning a 4-day trip to celebrate our anniversary this weekend. Please recommend some nice place around Bangalore where we can enjoy for four days.

I short-listed Coorg, Wayanad and Pondicherry. Pondicherry is extremely hot now and the forecast for the weekend says that it is going to be around 40 degree and there will be thunderstorms. Wayanad is expected to be around 35 degrees and lot of thunderstorms. Coorg is expected to be in the twenties, but thunderstorms are predicted.

Please suggest some place where temperature is relatively low with less chance of rain.
Old 26th May 2014, 19:11   #24
BHPian

Kodaikanal should be good. Route is excellent all the way
Old 26th May 2014, 19:50   #25
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions required for a 4-day trip from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
I and my wife are planning a 4-day trip to celebrate our anniversary this weekend. Please recommend some nice place around Bangalore where we can enjoy for four days.
Please suggest some place where temperature is relatively low with less chance of rain.
Can never be too sure of the rains at this time since many of the places get pre-monsoon showers but may not be like the real monsoons

You can go to Ooty, the flower show is on there now. For your stay, get away from the crowds and head to one of these places:
-Red Hills/Destiny Farms on the Emerald / Avalanchi side. Several lakes and dams and amazing vistas on offer, some trekking trails also if you like it
-Kotagiri/Coonoor - Acres Wild, Taj, etc
-stay in Ooty at Sherlock

And if you like hill driving, on the onward journey do the Masinagudi route

*Look up the travelogues section for more information on these places.

Last edited by NPV : 26th May 2014 at 19:51.
Old 26th May 2014, 21:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

With 4 days in hand, you could attempt Munnar. Rains are unpredictable though, you could run into evening showers. Viewpoints are virtually crowd free if you head early in the morning like 6ish.
Old 26th May 2014, 21:47   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Its 4 days and its your anniversary. I would say head to Coorg either to Taj or the Tamara. Both are brilliant. You get maximum hotel stay and its relatively close by with a 5 to 5.5 hour drive. Of course they are pricey... but I don't think in anyway that should be am impediment for the occasion!
Old 27th May 2014, 10:54   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Yercaud - A very peaceful location, its around a 230Kms from bangalore with 20Kms of hill driving.
Old 27th May 2014, 11:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would say head to Coorg either to Taj or the Tamara. Both are brilliant...
I second this. Let there be no further thoughts. Additional options are Club Mahindra Virajpet or Madikeri.
Old 27th May 2014, 11:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Please rule out Ooty - I was there Sunday/Monday and it was a nightmare with so many people all over the place and a jam lasting two hours on the Ooty-Coonoor road. Ofcourse, this was partly to the rush of the flower show and partly to the very severe and heavy rains that lashed Ooty on Sunday.

Try the JLR's River Tern Lodge resort - quaint place, good waters, two safaris and some relaxed environment. You can cover a few nearby areas out there on your return trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks