Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 19:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best route from Bangalore to Vellore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
This is the fastest route to Vellore. Good roads, good scenic view and good restaurants. There is a new restaurant opened adjacent to the Vaniyambadi Toll booth. I think it is called Marfazza or something. Food is pretty tasty. You could try that.
Though I don't have a suggestion for good eateries, I have a pointer to one that you might want to avoid - "Brindavan Rest" (I guess Rest stands for Restaurant ), about 10 kms after Ambur. Nice location, situated amidst a mango orchard and lot of space for parking , but the food was atrocious. (My daughter's opinion was that this was the worst Idlis and Dosa that she had tasted all her life !! She started with a plate of Idlis, abandoned it midway and ordered a Dosa, couldn't finish that either !) And the rates were comparable with A2B (Rs 30 for 2 Idlis)

I saw this Marfazza just after the Vaniyambadi tollbooth, but they weren't open at 6:45 AM. Couldn't find anything else that was decent looking after that till this place I mentioned, and don't recall seeing any after that either till Vellore.

I think one should be able to do Slik Board Junction to Vellore in about 2.5 hours or less in low traffic hours. Took me 3 hrs 15 minutes on Wednesday morning inclusive of a 30 minute breakfast break, 20 minute traffic jam due to an accident somewhere after Krishnagiri and a 5 minute fuel break at Shoolagiri.(This was with a 5AM start)
Old 11th September 2012, 22:38   #17
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Vellore: route query

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I used the Bangalore-Malur stretch to by-pass BLR-Kolar. It a beautiful SH except for very rough patches at Sarjapur by-pass
and a small stretch between Baglur and Malur.

Here is my note on the same:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1985543

I am told of the route you suggested: The Bangarapet-VenkatagiriKota stretch (wherre you cut NH219; Krishnagiri-Palamaner road),
is pretty desolate and also not in a good shape.

Did not try the other side of it, which will connect to Vellore.
Hey ampere,

Can you please scratch your head and tell how is the route from Hosur to Kolar via Malur?

I may have to take that route at about 8:00 pm as I want to spend the night at office guesthouse in Kolar while returning from Mysore via Wonderla with my family. And I want to avoid taking the office guesthouse located at Blr as it would mean driving through Blr traffic in peak hours.

Or is there any other straight forward way from Wonderla to Kolar.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by skdking : 11th September 2012 at 22:41.
Old 11th September 2012, 22:54   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I may have to take that route at about 8:00 pm as I want to spend the night at office guesthouse in Kolar while returning from Mysore via Wonderla with my family. And I want to avoid taking the office guesthouse located at Blr as it would mean driving through Blr traffic in peak hours.

Or is there any other straight forward way from Wonderla to Kolar.

Thanks in advance.

I would say its NOT worth it at night. During day times it would be nice.
The best option would be:

Mysore Road - NICE - Hosur road - SH35 (at Anekal junction) - Dommasandra - Varthur - Whitefiled - OMR - Kolar

Route Link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 23:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would say its NOT worth it at night. During day times it would be nice.
The best option would be:

Mysore Road - NICE - Hosur road - SH35 (at Anekal junction) - Dommasandra - Varthur - Whitefiled - OMR - Kolar

Route Link
Thanks for the lightning quick response.

How is the traffic on this stretch in evenings?

I have done some googling of mine too and came up with this route.

http://goo.gl/maps/G5c0e

Comments?

P.S - I think I will stick to the route suggested by you. Just exploring options.
Old 11th September 2012, 23:34   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Thanks for the lightning quick response.
How is the traffic on this stretch in evenings?
Traffic is light most cases from Hosur road to Whitefield. I know many folks who regularly take this road reach Whitefield
while returning from long drives from down south.

Quote:
I have done some googling of mine too and came up with this route.
http://goo.gl/maps/G5c0e
Comments?
I think interior roads are fine, but the catch is to spot the right exit from NH7.
Also if you can get a route with minimum deviations that would better.

The route via Anekal junction (also called Chandapura) is very easy to spot. You should not take the Anekal flyover however, but go below it and take left.
Old 12th September 2012, 10:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Just curious, wouldn't Attibele-Sarjapur-Hoskote be a better option? No toll to be paid for the few km that you do on NH7 anyway. the NICE to E-City is the best option for that section.
Old 12th September 2012, 11:03   #22
Team-BHP Support

I wont recommend NH207 at night.
Attibele to Sarjapur is fine but not beyond.
If you want to go via Varthur, option via chandapura is shorter.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 13:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ampere a localite definition , the Anekal junction is known as Chandapura circle and the flyover is Chandapura flyover.

Skdking, just after the railway over-bridge near Chandapura you have to take left turn to enter service road and continue straight till Chandapura circle then take second right turn and continue straight to head towards Hoskote via Dommasandra. If you are a first-timer on this road, please know that it is a very curvy road till Dommasandra cross and lots of truck traffic during night. From there on no problem and you can go via Varthur-Hopefarm, Kadugodi and join National Highway as you have rightly mapped in google maps.

Last edited by deehunk : 12th September 2012 at 13:36.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 22:09   #24
BHPian

Finally I tried the route in post 1 of this thread to go to Vellore http://goo.gl/maps/H1iID

My family suffered the experiment, as it took close to 5 and half hours door to door which I typically do it in less than 3 and half. Discount 15 minutes for asking directions, checking maps, and in one place taking a wrong turn and retracing the path for 2-3 minutes.

The road is very bad inside sarjapur town (we also encountered a mini jam there). Road from chikka tirupati to join Bagalur - Malur road is almost single lane road. From Malur, there are almost 4 options to go to Tyakal (on the way to Bangarapet) as per google map - I followed the most prominent one which diverts from Malur - Kolur road, and marked Malur Bangarpet road. If you are not attentive you will miss the fork, the road is narrow and the surface is also bad most of the time. I have not noted the timings (had a GPS, but yet to download the data), but I guess it took 2.5 hours to reach Bangarpet. The road continues to be such till it reaches the NH before venkatagirikota, where the surface is marginally better and it is proper 2 lane. Between V Kota and Peranampattu there is a good ghat section. The road is wide and surface nice. After Peranampattu till Gudiyattam the road is even better, could drive comfortably in 80-90 kmph range. Gudiyattam - Pallikonda was heavy traffic.

The journey was done y'day. Today came back via NH46/NH7 route. Looks like little less diversion from Vellore Krishnagiri. Could actually do it in 1 hour 35 minutes. There was no dreaded overtaking trucks in the ghat section, so it was good; encountered heavy traffic in Hosur. Took attibele-sarjapur road, and reached home in 3 hours 10 minutes travel time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks