Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2014, 15:11   #46
BHPian

re: Mumbai to Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Query :
1)Which is the best route to take for SHINGNAPUR ?
2)He idea is to visit Shani Shingnapur on saturday . then post darshan come to Shirdi - Have dinner and check in some decent hotel in Shirdi .
If it is late in Shingnapur post darshan can we find a decent hotel there for an overnight stay? Or is it advisable to come to Shirdi for overnight stay ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Simply because road conditions till Shani Shignapur are very good. Although traffic is heavy, conditions are very good.

Secondly if you go via Sinnar/Sangamer, remember you have to goto Shani Shignapur first. That means you cross Shirdi and come back again. In other words you are doing the pathetic roads two times in the same day.
Thanks Ampere .
I did Mumbai - Thane - Sinnar - Ghoti - Shirdi on last saturday followed by darshan at Shirdi in My Manza . (5 adults +1 kid onboard)
Road near Ghoti was a little bad but otherwise all okish to good roads .

on Sunday left for Shani Shingnapur .Nothing to complaint about the road. Was bad in certain small sections(may be in Manza doesn't feel the bad road that much).
Then while return to Mumbai did: Shingnapur - Ghodegaon -Ahmednagar- Chakan - Expresssway route .Again excellent roads and very little traffic till Pune.
Old 28th April 2014, 12:12   #47
BHPian

So I did the Mumbai - Shirdi - Narayanpur - Mumbai stretch on the 24-25th of April.

Plans to go to Shirdi were on the cards since the last month but family getting a Holiday together was a problem.

Early morning went together with the family and cast our votes.

All of a sudden plans came through and Shirdi was awaiting us within 30 mins.

Called up Hotel La Villa International (previously Om Sai International) as we had stayed last time around and liked the hotel.
Quoted me 1600 for a night and the hotel is barely half a Km away.

Started at around 1400 hrs from Kandivali west and headed towards Thane via Ghodbunder .
Surprisingly deserted as even the cops were missing!

Glided through Thane and planned Lunch at Oye Punjabi on the Nashik highway.

Reached there at 1500hrs and had a splendid lunch there.

Onwards then it was directly to Shirdi.

The Nashik highway is as smooth as glass .

Once you take the right turn towards Ghoti the roads are bad in patches for about 20 kms.

Then onwards the roads have been repaved and hence they are far better than they were around 6 months ago.

Reached Shirdi at 1830pm.

Had a Bath and went for darshan and surprisingly it being a thursday there was a minscule queue.
I was out of the temple by 2130.

Had food and went to sleep as the plan was to leave for narayanpur around 0830 hrs.

Next day morning woke up at 5 and again went for a darshan.
Had breakfast and very surprisingly left at 0830.

Took the left from shirdi to the road towards Pune and coasted along.

The roads are 2 laned and they are not bad.

Found traffic in a few places and reached Narayanpur by 1300 hrs.

It is a 250km run.

Then 1 hour at the Sri Venkateswara Temple including lunch there left for mumbai.

205 km drive to mumbai took me about 3.5 hours.

Reached home by 1830 hrs.

700kms and it took me a little more than half a tank of diesel.

Refilled the tank and it was 38 litres total.

18.6kmpl also sounded great.

Didnt stretch the car above 120 apart from overtaking strectches.

Tried to mantain 100kmph speeds.
manas27587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 18:45   #48
BHPian

Planning to drive from Shirdi to Matheran.

What would be the best route, kindly suggest.
Old 5th May 2014, 19:03   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post

Take the Mumbai route via Sinnar/Igatpuri. And from this route exit to Matheran (I think at Shahapur. Not sure). I think thats the best option.

Last edited by ampere : 5th May 2014 at 19:04.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 12:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Come back to Thane via NH3.From Thane head to Panvel.

Go through Panvel town on NH4 (Old Pune road). Around 20 kms from Panvel town, before Khopoli, you will see the Karjat left turn. Just before Karjat town (around 15 kms), turn left for Neral, and go along for around 10 kms. At Neral (just before entering town), there is a left for Matheran which is 11 kms from this point.

From here, it is ghats all the way - narrow road, The ghat is steep in 2-3 hairpins just before you reach Matheran (last 2 kms).

Cars are not allowed beyond the Dasturi naka (check post) where there is a parking lot. From the parking lot, the town bazaar is a little over a kilometer. You can take a horse, hand-pulled rickshaw or best walk on the railway track 1-1.5 hours to reach Matheran from Navi Mumbai

https://goo.gl/maps/q9DHF

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 6th May 2014 at 12:18.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 19:53   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Take the Mumbai route via Sinnar/Igatpuri. And from this route exit to Matheran (I think at Shahapur. Not sure). I think thats the best option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

Any suggestions or information about the below route.

http://goo.gl/maps/vyw15
Shirdi - Sangamner(via Loni) - Alephata - Malshej Ghat - Murbad - Neral - Matheran
Old 6th May 2014, 21:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Shirdi - Sangamner(via Loni) - Alephata - Malshej Ghat - Murbad - Neral - Matheran
It would take you a long time via the SH and traffic would be dense till Alephata.
Also crossing Kalyan is goin to take a fair bit of time.
Old 6th May 2014, 21:39   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I thought the regular Nashik highway was better. But Ranjit has a different view point. Hence good to check. I don't know about the roads around NH222.
Old 6th May 2014, 23:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
It would take you a long time via the SH and traffic would be dense till Alephata.
Also crossing Kalyan is goin to take a fair bit of time.

Quote:
I thought the regular Nashik highway was better. But Ranjit has a different view point. Hence good to check. I don't know about the roads around NH222.
How about using expressway to bypass Panvel http://goo.gl/maps/vLREy
Though it does not make much difference in distance but it might save time.
Old 25th March 2015, 13:22   #55
BHPian

Hi All,

Planning a trip from Chembur (Mumbai) to Shirdi - Shani Shingnapur - Chembur.

Day 1: Chembur - Shirdi
Day 2: Shirdi - Shani Shingnapur - Chembur

Travelling with wife, 2.5 year old kid, and 2 aged elders. So it will be a slow drive, with multiple breaks in between. I prefer good surfaced roads, even if it is little longer than bad surfaced shorter routes.

Need your advice on route, and if possible, inputs on accommodation in Shirdi. I've no clue on MH routes/roads as I am from Bangalore and have never driven in that region.

Thanks a lot!!
Old 25th March 2015, 22:38   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_fiesta View Post
Hi All,

Planning a trip from Chembur (Mumbai) to Shirdi - Shani Shingnapur - Chembur.

Day 1: Chembur - Shirdi
Day 2: Shirdi - Shani Shingnapur - Chembur

Travelling with wife, 2.5 year old kid, and 2 aged elders. So it will be a slow drive, with multiple breaks in between. I prefer good surfaced roads, even if it is little longer than bad surfaced shorter routes.

Need your advice on route, and if possible, inputs on accommodation in Shirdi. I've no clue on MH routes/roads as I am from Bangalore and have never driven in that region.

Thanks a lot!!
Mate,

Please find a map route from Thane to Shani Shingnapur via Shirdi (attached Pic), using http://www.nhtis.org/map.htm#

Few pointers:
This new route avoids Nashik, and is being promoted by everyone as it saves time, less traffic, more scenic or greenery, as the area was out of reach, few years back.

Once you pay Ghoti Toll on NH3 (at Milestone Km 455.485 Mumbai Agra Highway) be on the right most lane with right blinkers on. You cross over the city, and will notice a big overhead bridge on railway, towards your Right, that is the Bypass for going to Shirdi, so turn right at intersection, and towards the bridge.

This road will lead you to Sinnar, and you will intersect the Nashik Pune Highway, where you turn right/East again ie towards Pune, and go further for may be 400 meters, and you notice a small round on left directing the road towards Shirdi.

If you avoid Nashik, you miss city traffic, may be Sula Vineyards, also the Nashik to Sinnar patch which is crowded sometimes. Also your last Toll at Goti pays for your journey till Nashik, or their is no further toll from that point till Nashik.

If you do not take the bypass, ie go straight, road is amazing till Nashik, but you end up taking the Nashik Pune highway from Nashik city at Dwarka till the small round mentioned above after Sinnar, which is usually busy, and is not a divided road.

Finally in this leg only NH3 is a divided road, or having dividers, and the best experience, Goti Sinnar bypass is good but not divided but still preferable, and Sinnar to Shirdi is OK.

For Hotels, day of the week (Wednesday/ weekends), or any festivals, are busy days,
Call them in Advance.
Tripadvisor Shirdi Hotels:
http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotels-g67...ra-Hotels.html

While returning from Shani Shingnapur, you have option of :

1) To use the same route which you used to drive in,
2) Join Pune Nashik highway at Sangamner and till Sinnar where before Sinnar you take left and are again on the Sinnar Ghoti Bypass.
3) Go to Ahmednagar and use NH 222 till Kalyan, this route does not touch any of your previous used road, in this trip. I do not have any feedback as I have never used it.
If someone as any info on NH 222, please share, I think, since there is hardly any toll on it, it will be a Truckers paradise and undivided ie no dividers. still screenshot attached, and wiki entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...d_numbering%29

i will prefer 1 or 3.

Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai to Shirdi : Route Queries-shirdi.png  

Mumbai to Shirdi : Route Queries-ss-back.png  

Last edited by ritz3645 : 25th March 2015 at 22:48. Reason: one Attachment failed so using edit.
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:00   #57
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this the best route for Mumbai-Shirdi ?

Mumbai-Thane-Khardi-Sinnar-Shirdi
How are the road conditions ?

Can one return via NH222 to Kalyan after a visit to Shani Shignapur ? How are the roads between Shirdi and Shani Shignapur and the NH222 back to Kalyan ?
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:31   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Is this the best route for Mumbai-Shirdi ?

Mumbai-Thane-Khardi-Sinnar-Shirdi
How are the road conditions ?

Can one return via NH222 to Kalyan after a visit to Shani Shignapur ? How are the roads between Shirdi and Shani Shignapur and the NH222 back to Kalyan ?
I personally prefer going via Nashik,and plus stop in Nashik for some food as well.The bypass is lonely and has very sparse traffic.

Yes you can return via NH222 via the Malshej Ghats to Kalyan.Shirdi-Rahuri is 4 laned after it is the traditional road to Shingnapur.NH222 is the traditional 2 laned highway.Budget for around 6-7hrs from Shingnapur to Thane and then from Thane another 2hrs minimum to Juhu.

I would suggest leaving from Mumbai in the morning after breakfast,5hrs to Shirdi,darshan followed by lunch and leave Shirdi by 3pm to reach Shingnapur by 430.Leave Shingnapur by 530 to reach Juhu by late night.Instead I would suggest that you stay a night at Shirdi and do the circuit in a more relaxed manner if you have the time and budget.

Mumbai-Shirdi-Mumbai would be a 10hr drive and another 2-3hrs for darshan,etc.
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:45   #59
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I personally prefer going via Nashik,and plus stop in Nashik for some food as well.The bypass is lonely and has very sparse traffic.
Instead I would suggest that you stay a night at Shirdi and do the circuit in a more relaxed manner if you have the time and budget.
We can skip going via Nashik if the bypass can save travel time
Don't have a choice this time, cramped schedule.

How about first visiting Shani Shinganpur, followed by Shirdi and return via Nashik or the Sinnar bypass ?
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
We can skip going via Nashik if the bypass can save travel time
Don't have a choice this time, cramped schedule.

How about first visiting Shani Shinganpur, followed by Shirdi and return via Nashik or the Sinnar bypass ?
You would save time,as coming back via the 4 laned NH3 is any day a better option than the NH222.The temple is open for darshan from 5am.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks