Team-BHP - Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/89966-bangalore-vijayawada-vizag-bhubaneswar-route-queries-54.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinabp (Post 5137682)
Are there any Eatery/Plaza recommendations on the still under construction Vizag bypass?

No..this stretch is absolutely without any food option. There is a BP ghar dhaba after crossing Anakapalle which will be your best bet. However, better options are available if you can stretch further for 1.5-2 hours

Quote:

We are double vaccinated. Is there any need for RT-PCR report at the border check-points? I will be crossing OD-AP and AP-KA borders

There were no check for either vaccination certificate or RT-PCR when I took the journey last month.

Quote:

Any route recommendations (on latest road conditions) to cross the Naidupeta-Chitoor section as I will be taking this stretch for the first time. I regularly take the BLR-HYD-VGA route.

Naidupeta to tirupati is a single lane road, so need to be careful. Tirupati to chittor is a 6+4 lane highway which is the best among the entire route you will drive.

Any update on any checks being performed(RTPCR/Vaccination status) along this route
Bangalore->VijayWada->Vishakapatnam and back.
Trave date is 6th Sep,21
I see an earlier post with similar query but anything latest would be highly appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artyom (Post 5137962)
Any update on any checks being performed(RTPCR/Vaccination status) along this route
Trave date is 6th Sep,21
I see an earlier post with similar query but anything latest would be highly appreciated.

No checks on this route. Just carry a proof of address of your destination, just in case someone asks for it. There are random checks for alcohol once in a while.

Artyom, Both the states Andhra and Telangana do not require any RTPCR Negative test or Vaccination proof. Check if you need any RTPCR negative test when you enter Karnataka on your return journey. As of now it is not required.
You may be stopped for liquor checks in Andhra.
Are you taking the Bangalore-Hyderabad-Vijayawada-Vizak route OR the Bangalore-Tirupati-Nellore-Vijayawada-Vizak route? In case you take the Nellore route you will not enter Telangana state.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bong_voyager (Post 5137753)
However, better options are available if you can stretch further for 1.5-2 hours

Would you mind listing these options as I plan to leave Bhubaneswar at 4AM in the morning and looking for decent/hygienic Lunch options.

PS: Travelling with a Pet so preferring places with proper parking facilities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinabp (Post 5138429)
Would you mind listing these options as I plan to leave Bhubaneswar at 4AM in the morning and looking for decent/hygienic Lunch options.

PS: Travelling with a Pet so preferring places with proper parking facilities.

Hi Abhinabp, even we travelled with our pets so i understand the requirement.
While going to Kolkata, we stopped at One Food court.
https://g.page/onefoodcourts?share

While coming back to Bangalore, we stopped at Habitat Food Court.
https://goo.gl/maps/RisNgePr7Cy8Uq749

Another option will be Hotel Amalodbhavi,
https://goo.gl/maps/9ehdvfT6ttDa89pY9
However this is on your right when travelling towards Vizayawada while the first two will be on your left. All have ample parking for walking your pet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bong_voyager (Post 5138493)
Hi Abhinabp, even we travelled with our pets so i understand the requirement.

Exactly what I needed. Thanks for the info @bong_voyager. This will go a long way in helping me during my drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artyom (Post 5137962)
Trave date is 6th Sep,21

Hey Artyom,

After your travel on 6th Sep, if time permits, please do let us know on the condition of the route. I plan to travel on 11th hence asking(Blr - BBSR )

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot (Post 5139462)
Hey Artyom,

After your travel on 6th Sep, if time permits, please do let us know on the condition of the route. I plan to travel on 11th hence asking(Blr - BBSR )

Sure, buddy. I Will update the thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by bong_voyager (Post 5116951)
Even I had the same plan untill i came across the below video in youtube. The new road seems to be in a terrific shape

https://youtu.be/0VMZ0Yh3E9k

Hey bong_voyager, Did you by any chance take this route from Kovvur to Gundugolanu or did you stick to NH16? If yes, please let me know if its worth taking the detour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinabp (Post 5141098)
Hey bong_voyager, Did you by any chance take this route from Kovvur to Gundugolanu or did you stick to NH16? If yes, please let me know if its worth taking the detour.

Hi @abhinabp, with current situation, the new route should be the default route. Yes, the initial 10-15km till godavari 4th bridge is not in a good condition but the rest compensates for it. Btw the new kovvur-Gundugolanu route is officially called NH16 now.

Hi Bong_voyager or anyone else,

Any further updates from the horrendous Eluru to Vizag stretch? Has it been partially or fully patched up?

Have an upcoming drive to Vizag in October, wife is not keen on a drive from Bangalore to Vizag considering the poor road conditions.:Frustrati

Also, can we now use the Kovvur road to circumvent the poor road conditions on Eluru stretch?:thumbs up

Warm regards,
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 (Post 5147595)
Also, can we now use the Kovvur road to circumvent the poor road conditions on Eluru stretch?

Yes in my opinion this route should be the default now. Along with the new kovvuru road, 6 laning is complete for about 60% between Vijaywada and Gundugolanu. It took me ~5 hours to complete Anakapalle to Vijaywada via kovvuru road. With the Chittor-Tirupati section 6 laning also almost complete, Bangalore to Vizag should be doable in 16-17 hours with proper start time.

Recent updates as of 11th and 12th Sep.

Day 1 - 11th Sep - Bangalore to Tuni. Started from Bangalore at 6.30 AM and reached Tuni at 9 PM. Route taken - Bangalore - Kolar - Chitoor - Tirupati - Vijayawada - Eluru - Rajahmundry - Tuni.

The route from Eluru - Rajahmundry and beyond is pothole ridden. Stuck to the NH and didn't deviate. Other than this patch, rest of the roads were really good. Highway after Chitoor is one of the best I have driven.

Day 2 - 12th Sep - Tuni - BBSR. Started from Tuni at 9 AM, entered Vizag and spent 2 hrs there. Followed the NH all the way till Bhubaneswar and reached at 8.30 PM.

An early start from Bangalore( 5 AM) and you can reach Vizag by 10 PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 (Post 5147595)
Hi Bong_voyager or anyone else,

Any further updates from the horrendous Eluru to Vizag stretch? Has it been partially or fully patched up?

Have an upcoming drive to Vizag in October, wife is not keen on a drive from Bangalore to Vizag considering the poor road conditions.:Frustrati

Also, can we now use the Kovvur road to circumvent the poor road conditions on Eluru stretch?:thumbs up

Warm regards,
R

Just did Vizag to Hyderabad on 12th September. Took Elluru Gundugolanu Kovvur rd as suggested by GMaps. After Elluru Bypass up to 15 kms after Godavari river in Rajahmundry continues to be filled multiple diversions, heavy truck traffic and single lane diversions. Lost around 30 mins additionally due to jams caused by a truck breakdown on 2 lane diversion, and allow one side movement at a time.

Need to have patience, and closely track the truck movements as randomly they end up driving zig zag to avoid bad patches. Big potholes/craters continue to exist while entering bridge towards Godavari and genuine test for Sedans/hatchbacks to save themselves from a underbody hit.

This around 2 hours journey may take toll on body but will be compensated with smoother roads to use cruise control and relax.