Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2021, 23:47   #796
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinabp View Post
Are there any Eatery/Plaza recommendations on the still under construction Vizag bypass?
No..this stretch is absolutely without any food option. There is a BP ghar dhaba after crossing Anakapalle which will be your best bet. However, better options are available if you can stretch further for 1.5-2 hours

Quote:
We are double vaccinated. Is there any need for RT-PCR report at the border check-points? I will be crossing OD-AP and AP-KA borders
There were no check for either vaccination certificate or RT-PCR when I took the journey last month.

Quote:
Any route recommendations (on latest road conditions) to cross the Naidupeta-Chitoor section as I will be taking this stretch for the first time. I regularly take the BLR-HYD-VGA route.
Naidupeta to tirupati is a single lane road, so need to be careful. Tirupati to chittor is a 6+4 lane highway which is the best among the entire route you will drive.
bong_voyager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 10:15   #797
BHPian

Any update on any checks being performed(RTPCR/Vaccination status) along this route
Bangalore->VijayWada->Vishakapatnam and back.
Trave date is 6th Sep,21
I see an earlier post with similar query but anything latest would be highly appreciated.
Old 31st August 2021, 10:19   #798
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Any update on any checks being performed(RTPCR/Vaccination status) along this route
Trave date is 6th Sep,21
I see an earlier post with similar query but anything latest would be highly appreciated.
No checks on this route. Just carry a proof of address of your destination, just in case someone asks for it. There are random checks for alcohol once in a while.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 10:33   #799
BHPian

Artyom, Both the states Andhra and Telangana do not require any RTPCR Negative test or Vaccination proof. Check if you need any RTPCR negative test when you enter Karnataka on your return journey. As of now it is not required.
You may be stopped for liquor checks in Andhra.
Are you taking the Bangalore-Hyderabad-Vijayawada-Vizak route OR the Bangalore-Tirupati-Nellore-Vijayawada-Vizak route? In case you take the Nellore route you will not enter Telangana state.
hydtraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 17:53   #800

Quote:
Originally Posted by bong_voyager View Post
However, better options are available if you can stretch further for 1.5-2 hours
Would you mind listing these options as I plan to leave Bhubaneswar at 4AM in the morning and looking for decent/hygienic Lunch options.

PS: Travelling with a Pet so preferring places with proper parking facilities.
Old 31st August 2021, 19:12   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Would you mind listing these options as I plan to leave Bhubaneswar at 4AM in the morning and looking for decent/hygienic Lunch options.

PS: Travelling with a Pet so preferring places with proper parking facilities.
Hi Abhinabp, even we travelled with our pets so i understand the requirement.
While going to Kolkata, we stopped at One Food court.
https://g.page/onefoodcourts?share

While coming back to Bangalore, we stopped at Habitat Food Court.
https://goo.gl/maps/RisNgePr7Cy8Uq749

Another option will be Hotel Amalodbhavi,
https://goo.gl/maps/9ehdvfT6ttDa89pY9
However this is on your right when travelling towards Vizayawada while the first two will be on your left. All have ample parking for walking your pet.
Old 31st August 2021, 20:41   #802

Quote:
Hi Abhinabp, even we travelled with our pets so i understand the requirement.
Exactly what I needed. Thanks for the info @bong_voyager. This will go a long way in helping me during my drive.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st August 2021 at 21:10. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirely.
abhinabp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 20:07   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Trave date is 6th Sep,21
Hey Artyom,

After your travel on 6th Sep, if time permits, please do let us know on the condition of the route. I plan to travel on 11th hence asking(Blr - BBSR )
Old 1st September 2021, 20:47   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
Hey Artyom,

After your travel on 6th Sep, if time permits, please do let us know on the condition of the route. I plan to travel on 11th hence asking(Blr - BBSR )

Sure, buddy. I Will update the thread
Old 3rd September 2021, 16:08   #805

Quote:
Even I had the same plan untill i came across the below video in Youtube. The new road seems to be in a terrific shape

https://Youtu.be/0VMZ0Yh3E9k
Hey bong_voyager, Did you by any chance take this route from Kovvur to Gundugolanu or did you stick to NH16? If yes, please let me know if its worth taking the detour.
Old 3rd September 2021, 18:58   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Hey bong_voyager, Did you by any chance take this route from Kovvur to Gundugolanu or did you stick to NH16? If yes, please let me know if its worth taking the detour.
Hi @abhinabp, with current situation, the new route should be the default route. Yes, the initial 10-15km till godavari 4th bridge is not in a good condition but the rest compensates for it. Btw the new kovvur-Gundugolanu route is officially called NH16 now.
Old 12th September 2021, 12:02   #807
BHPian

Hi Bong_voyager or anyone else,

Any further updates from the horrendous Eluru to Vizag stretch? Has it been partially or fully patched up?

Have an upcoming drive to Vizag in October, wife is not keen on a drive from Bangalore to Vizag considering the poor road conditions.

Also, can we now use the Kovvur road to circumvent the poor road conditions on Eluru stretch?

Warm regards,
R

Last edited by 1985Darkkid85 : 12th September 2021 at 12:04.
Old 13th September 2021, 01:27   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Also, can we now use the Kovvur road to circumvent the poor road conditions on Eluru stretch?
Yes in my opinion this route should be the default now. Along with the new kovvuru road, 6 laning is complete for about 60% between Vijaywada and Gundugolanu. It took me ~5 hours to complete Anakapalle to Vijaywada via kovvuru road. With the Chittor-Tirupati section 6 laning also almost complete, Bangalore to Vizag should be doable in 16-17 hours with proper start time.
Old 13th September 2021, 15:18   #809
BHPian

Recent updates as of 11th and 12th Sep.

Day 1 - 11th Sep - Bangalore to Tuni. Started from Bangalore at 6.30 AM and reached Tuni at 9 PM. Route taken - Bangalore - Kolar - Chitoor - Tirupati - Vijayawada - Eluru - Rajahmundry - Tuni.

The route from Eluru - Rajahmundry and beyond is pothole ridden. Stuck to the NH and didn't deviate. Other than this patch, rest of the roads were really good. Highway after Chitoor is one of the best I have driven.

Day 2 - 12th Sep - Tuni - BBSR. Started from Tuni at 9 AM, entered Vizag and spent 2 hrs there. Followed the NH all the way till Bhubaneswar and reached at 8.30 PM.

An early start from Bangalore( 5 AM) and you can reach Vizag by 10 PM.
4WheelPilot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 22:35   #810

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Hi Bong_voyager or anyone else,

Any further updates from the horrendous Eluru to Vizag stretch? Has it been partially or fully patched up?

Have an upcoming drive to Vizag in October, wife is not keen on a drive from Bangalore to Vizag considering the poor road conditions.

Warm regards,
R
Just did Vizag to Hyderabad on 12th September. Took Elluru Gundugolanu Kovvur rd as suggested by GMaps. After Elluru Bypass up to 15 kms after Godavari river in Rajahmundry continues to be filled multiple diversions, heavy truck traffic and single lane diversions. Lost around 30 mins additionally due to jams caused by a truck breakdown on 2 lane diversion, and allow one side movement at a time.

Need to have patience, and closely track the truck movements as randomly they end up driving zig zag to avoid bad patches. Big potholes/craters continue to exist while entering bridge towards Godavari and genuine test for Sedans/hatchbacks to save themselves from a underbody hit.

This around 2 hours journey may take toll on body but will be compensated with smoother roads to use cruise control and relax.

Most Viewed