Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 15:31   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I will be driving from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar, with a night halt at Vizag. Just like some of you have already done, plan is to start around 3 - 4AM and try to reach Vizag before 11PM. All the previous posts about the road conditions are very helpful but I am looking for suggestions for food breaks.

We intend to carry some food but still wanted to check if there's any good place for breakfast/lunch before Vijayawada. Having travelled from Hyderabad on all the earlier occasions, Bangalore - Vijayawada stretch is new for me and hence, I am not sure aware of options.
I have seen many bhpians use the below restaurants which may be help to you, I did not personally visit them as I crossed Tirupati for the first time from BLR.

Southern Spice
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Dsj3SEgzBYm1sC5e8

N5
https://maps.app.goo.gl/oU5HEHUuCwR22Uwt7

Amravati
https://maps.app.goo.gl/YErtVq3gaPGA518V6
SKC-auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 22:06   #707
BHPian

Hi Guys
I did an Bangalore - Vijayawada 2 weeks back on my Seltos and sharing my experience and road condition.

10/29 - Filled my tank and checked my tyre pressure on my brand new GTX+ DCT.

Bangalore to Vijayawada -
10/30 - 6:30 AM - Started from Mahadevapura, Bangalore with my family with required resources (Breakfast / Lunch).

Mahadevpura - Hoskota - Kolar - Mulbagal

Smooth Drive. 4 L / 6 L roads. Was on Cruise mode most of the time but cannot continue for longer period on cruise because of these trucks who go over all lanes.

8:24 AM - Stopped for breakfast and tea packed from home near Mulbagal.

Driven 101 KM in 1Hr 44 Mins with average speed of 62kmph

8:43 AM - After a 19 Min break, got back on wheel.

Mulbagal - Palamaner - Chittoor - Chandragiri

Pretty Much simple drive so far. No issues what so ever with the road.

As soon as we reached chittoor border, took a left turn on to bypass road to Tirupathi and an new road surprised me. Even though it is not completely open, cars were allowed and I took that route. It was an 6L road with few contructions work in between which connects till Puthapattu and Chandragiri. 200% better than the old road through Murukampattu.

So Far Driven 219KM in 3 Hrs 41 Mins with Average Speed of 63 kmph

11:07 AM - Took a break for 30 Mins in friend's house and Started Back.

Chandragiri - Tirupathi - Naidupeta

This is the horrible place when compared with other road conditions in this stretch.

So Far Driven 313KM in 5 Hrs 37 Mins with Average Speed of 59 kmph (Reduced because of bad roads)

1:46 PM - Stopped for Lunch for 40 Mins after the tired road drive and enjoyed the home food.

Naidupeta - Gudur - Nellore - Kavali - Tangutur

Toll road, mostly on cruise and relaxed driving.

So Far Driven 472 KM in 7 Hrs 36 Mins with Average Speed of 66 kmph

3:57 PM - had a tea break (again homemade) and a leg stretch for 10 mins before starting back on road

Tangutur - Prakasam - Guntur - Vijayawada

Pretty much toll road all the way till vijayawada. Light was fading out but able to reach home before it goes dark. Traffic from Guntur to Vijayawada was little high but was manageable.

Parked my Vehicle at 6:08 PM

Final numbers

Total Driven - 634 KM in 9 Hrs 46 Mins with Average Speed of 69 kmph

Total Time including Breaks - 11 Hrs 25 Mins
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-bng_vj.jpg  

temala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 20:57   #708
BHPian

Hi Folks anyone planning to travel from Blr - Vijayawada this weekend(28th morning)?
We are driving from Blr - BBSR with a night halt at Vijayawada.

The details and tips mentioned in this thread are extremely useful and I have made a note of the details mentioned in this thread.
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:21   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
Hi Folks anyone planning to travel from Blr - Vijayawada this weekend(28th morning)?
We are driving from Blr - BBSR with a night halt at Vijayawada.

The details and tips mentioned in this thread are extremely useful and I have made a note of the details mentioned in this thread.
I will be doing the same stretch on 28th but will be starting very early, with a halt at Vizag.
Old 23rd November 2020, 16:11   #710
BHPian

Quote:
I will be doing the same stretch on 28th but will be starting very early, with a halt at Vizag.
Will be starting from Blr in an OD registered GLC around 6 AM. If we meet, please say hi
4WheelPilot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 19:37   #711

I have done BLR- BZA yesterday. Highly recommend the route via Puttur. It was a breeze and scenic too.

Quote:
Any idea about the route to take from BZA to Vizag? Heard of the bumpy road on the way to Rajamundry.
Old 25th November 2020, 20:06   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnimidhun View Post
Any idea about the route to take from BZA to Vizag? Heard of the bumpy road on the way to Rajamundry.
It is a straight single road and you can't avoid it, whatever maybe the condition.

The only rule to follow in this stretch - stick to the highway (NH16) irrespective of what Google Map suggests. It will eventually reroute you via the highway
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 20:14   #713
BHPian

Quote:
I have done BLR- BZA yesterday. Highly recommend the route via Puttur. It was a breeze and scenic too.

The route from BZA to Vizag as you said the road work is happening and the stretch is pretty bad so you cant hit the speeds. but again if you avoid the NH and take the state highway again its the same bad patches.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 00:33   #714

I am thinking of making a drive from BLR to Kolkata during the 2nd week of Dec. Based on what I read from the recent posts, this (link given at the end) is what I have finalized. I would mostly be focused on daytime driving rather than night.

As you will see there are 2 breaks that I have planned - First at Vijaywada (~600 kms), Second at Gopalpur (~1200 kms) and then reach my destination - Kolkata (~1800 kms).

Esteemed riders, can you provide your suggestions? Everyone says the road through Tirupati is really bad as work is in-progress, but are there any options to avoid it?

If you have a completely different route in mind, do let me know that as well.

Link to Google Maps
knan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 09:17   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knan View Post
I am thinking of making a drive from BLR to Kolkata during the 2nd week of Dec. ....

Esteemed riders, can you provide your suggestions? Everyone says the road through Tirupati is really bad as work is in-progress, but are there any options to avoid it?

If you have a completely different route in mind, do let me know that as well.
Replying only to the part in bold above.
Please refer to posts #686 to #693 in this thread for a peaceful alternative to bypass the Chittoor-Putalapattu-Tirupati section of your drive. These are very recent updates thanks to BHPians SKC-auto and Chinmay.
Hope this helps.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 13:37   #716
Senior - BHPian

Croos posting here. Please avoid naidupet route for destinations north of Nellore for today and tomorrow till things clear up
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 14:49   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Did you travel to Vizag via Rajamundry?. Can you kindly provide the latest updates on the road conditions between BZA to Rajamundry & Rajamundry to Vizag. Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 15:21   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Croos posting here. Please avoid naidupet route for destinations north of Nellore for today and tomorrow till things clear up
Is there any major disruptions on this route? I am starting early tomorrow for Vijaywada and beyond, with a plan to take this route. Should I take the Kadapa route instead? Google says Kadapa route is 1.5 hour longer (even though distance wise it is 50 km shorter than the Nellore route).
Old 27th November 2020, 15:49   #719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer8 View Post
Hi, Did you travel to Vizag via Rajamundry?. Can you kindly provide the latest updates on the road conditions between BZA to Rajamundry & Rajamundry to Vizag. Thanks
Not yet. Our plan has been postponed to tomorrow - 28 Nov - due to the raindfall. Will update here by tomorrow.
agnimidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 15:54   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any major disruptions on this route?
Yes, am stuck in Nellore for this very reason since last night. Otherwise I’d have reached madras late night itself.

We were warned when crossing tanguturu toll at 9 pm
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks