Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2021, 13:21   #751
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
A close friend drove down from Purnea to Blr day before yesterday! No RTPCR's or checks anywhere!
Hi, can you please let me know which route did your friend take? I am planning for a trip back to Bangalore from Kolkata but it seems Odisha won't let anyone enter without RT-PCR or Vaccination certificate and e-pass as well.
bong_voyager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 07:47   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bong_voyager View Post
Hi, can you please let me know which route did your friend take? I am planning for a trip back to Bangalore from Kolkata but it seems Odisha won't let anyone enter without RT-PCR or Vaccination certificate and e-pass as well.
Hey, even I'm planning to start from Kolkata on 18th June for Bangalore. As far as I have checked and spoken to a few people, no checking or docs required for inter state travel as of now.

Btw, when are you planning to start from Kolkata?

Regards
Saurav
Old 16th June 2021, 21:18   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Hey, even I'm planning to start from Kolkata on 18th June for Bangalore. As far as I have checked and spoken to a few people, no checking or docs required for inter state travel as of now.

Btw, when are you planning to start from Kolkata?

Regards
Saurav
Hey I have postponed my trip till at least next month. I don't want to take any chance as I will be travelling with my pets. If you do take the trip, would request you to please update the thread with first hand experience.

Regards,
Sounak
Old 16th June 2021, 22:22   #754
BHPian

I drove between Vijayawada & Rajahmundry few days back, on a weekday. Most of the flyover work between Vijayawada & Eluru is done and it is a breeze to drive in that stretch.
The patchwork that was done after Eluru after last year's rains have aged and the roughness of the road can be felt already. I am afraid the quality of roads will worsen after few more rains like last year.
The traffic was high probably due to the curfew timings (2PM to 6AM). On my return leg, I was stopped two times after crossing Pottipadu toll to check for e-pass as I returned during curfew hours.

Last edited by papr23 : 16th June 2021 at 22:33.
papr23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 01:08   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Hey I have postponed my trip till at least next month. I don't want to take any chance as I will be travelling with my pets. If you do take the trip, would request you to please update the thread with first hand experience.

Regards,
Sounak
I have planned to leave for BLR on 16th July. I will be driving solo. Let me know if you would like to join.
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:15   #756
BHPian

He took the regular CCU-BBSR-Vizag-Chittoor-BLR route. I plan on leaving to Blr from CCu on the 29th of June. Plan on not carrying any RT-PCR now that lockdown's are almost over!

Quote:
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:25   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Plan on not carrying any RT-PCR now that lockdown's are almost over!
Hi, pls let us know regarding the RT-PCR situation. Although the practical situation may be different, the Odisha govt covid portal is still asking for a e-pass along with either RT-PCR or Vaccination Certificate.
Old 30th June 2021, 13:57   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, pls let us know regarding the RT-PCR situation. Although the practical situation may be different, the Odisha govt covid portal is still asking for a e-pass along with either RT-PCR or Vaccination Certificate.
I drove down from Kolkata, couple of weeks back. Following was my intinerary:
  1. 18th June (Day 1): Kolkata to Gopalpur, 620kms. Were stopped at the WB-Odisha border. Were asked to submit our Aadhar & RC copies by the WB authorities. Odisha side, they just asked 'where are you headed?'. Straight-faced reply was 'Bangalore'. And then they let us go. Nothing more. No RT-PCR, ePass etc. We stayed over at Swosti Palm Resort. Bramhapur town doesnot have any good options, so decided for Gopalpur, plus it has a beach.
    We started at 5am from our home in Madhyamgram, stopped for a quick breakfast at Balasore (10am), lunch at Khorda around 3pm and checked into our hotel by 6.30pm.
  1. 19th June (Day 2): Gopalpur to Vijaywada, 640kms. Started off around 8am, after a good heavy breakfast. Took the diversion off NH 16, to bypass Vizag. And i still feel, if you are covering this stretch during day-time, please use the bypass. Although the approach & exit aren't complete yet, rest of the road is, apart from 2 flyovers. Andhara had its weekend curfew going on, so most of the restaurants / dhabas were open for take-away only. We somehow managed to find a small Punjabi Dhaba around Eluru. Some lip-smacking Dal Tadka & Chicken Curry with Tandoor Rotis. Post this the progress was slightly slow, about 100kms before Vijayawada. Quite a few diversions here. Were able to check in at Lemon Tree, Vijayawada at 8.30pm
  1. 20th June (Day 3): Vijayawada to Bangalore, 680kms. Started off around 9am, after a good heavy breakfast from the hotel. Weekend curfew was still on, which meant very few places for even a tea break. Had lunch at London Street (3VPQ+6W Chillakur, Andhra Pradesh). This has been our regular stop for last few years now. Clean place with ample parking & a small children's play area. Good place to stop & relax, before hitting the single lane stretch from Naidupet to Tirupati. We had another small tea-break just after crossing KA border. Reached home in Whitefield by 7.30pm.
Thumping Soul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 15:09   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Were stopped at the WB-Odisha border. Were asked to submit our Aadhar & RC copies by the WB authorities.
So irony is that of all the four states across which you travelled, only the home state asked for any kind of documentation.

Quote:
Took the diversion off NH 16, to bypass Vizag. And i still feel, if you are covering this stretch during day-time, please use the bypass.
Agree on this point. Even during my journey towards Kolkata, I was able to cross the entire Anakapalle to Anandapuram stretch in about 1 hour with all the diversions and truck traffic whereas through city would have taken atleast 1.5 hours, if not more.

Any update on road conditions on the under construction section of Balasore-chandikhol, especially after Yass cyclone?
bong_voyager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 23:12   #760
BHPian

Quote:
So irony is that of all the four states across which you travelled, only the home state asked for any kind of documentation.

Agree on this point. Even during my journey towards Kolkata, I was able to cross the entire Anakapalle to Anandapuram stretch in about 1 hour with all the diversions and truck traffic whereas through city would have taken atleast 1.5 hours, if not more.

Any update on road conditions on the under construction section of Balasore-chandikhol, especially after Yass cyclone?
The Balasore - Chandikhol stretch was ok. Didn't face any issue as such. Quite a few diversions exist, but lot many flyovers are ready now.

Relatively, no. of diversions in Odisha have significantly reduced from my last trip in December.
Thumping Soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 23:51   #761
BHPian

Quote:
[*]20th June (Day 3): Vijayawada to Bangalore, 680kms. Started off around 9am, after a good heavy breakfast from the hotel. Weekend curfew was still on, which meant very few places for even a tea break. Had lunch at London Street (3VPQ+6W Chillakur, Andhra Pradesh). This has been our regular stop for last few years now. Clean place with ample parking & a small children's play area. Good place to stop & relax, before hitting the single lane stretch from Naidupet to Tirupati. We had another small tea-break just after crossing KA border. Reached home in Whitefield by 7.30pm. [/list]
How were the road conditions from Tirupati to Bangalore? Did you take the new Chitoor bypass?
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 00:18   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
How were the road conditions from Tirupati to Bangalore? Did you take the new Chitoor bypass?
Chittoor bypass is also complete. I went the entire stretch. It was a flat stretch. Just that, there aren't too many eateries / pit stops available.
Thumping Soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 21:29   #763

Drove from Bangalore to Vijayawada today. No checking anywhere. Took the Chittoor-Tirupati route - saw loads of traffic there. Left Koramangala at 7am and reached Vijayawada by 6:40pm with a couple of 30 minute breaks thrown in.

Heading for Visakhapatnam tomorrow and then Bhubaneswar the day after. Will update this thread with more details.
flyingsaucer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 22:26   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucer View Post
Drove from Bangalore to Vijayawada today. No checking anywhere. Took the Chittoor-Tirupati route - saw loads of traffic there.
Did you find any difficulty in bypassing Chitoor town? And how was the road conditions from Putalpattu to Tirupati?
Old 4th July 2021, 06:46   #765

Drove from Vijayawada to Bhubaneswar with a night halt at Vizag. Absolutely no checking anywhere. We were apprehensive about checking at Girisola, but we were not stopped anywhere. We didn't even have the epass stuck to our windshield.

Vijayawada to Vizag took 9 hours with a couple of breaks. Vizag to Bhubaneswar took 8 and a half hours with breaks.
flyingsaucer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks