Old 1st December 2021, 21:04   #841
ike
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Vijayawada to Bhubaneswar route update

-
Many thanks for the update. Fingers crossed about my plans, not sure if cyclone Jawad will turn that into roadkill. Stay on NH no matter what is the way to go I understand. Are you likely to head back to Bangalore anytime soon?
Old 1st December 2021, 22:52   #842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Many thanks for the update. Fingers crossed about my plans, not sure if cyclone Jawad will turn that into roadkill. Stay on NH no matter what is the way to go I understand. Are you likely to head back to Bangalore anytime soon?
Yes, "stick to the NH" is the mantra.

Keep a watch on Jawad but intial reports say it might not turn into a cyclone. Also it's focus is north AP and south Odisha. Rains will be there but shouldn't impact the weak points Tirupati and Nellore.

I will return to Bangalore only in the New Year (hope this one brings us some good luck!) and I will look for your report on the return journey. From what I observed, the roads on the return leg appeared slightly better than the onward direction.

All the best for your trip!
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 07:16   #843
BHPian

Did BLR - Vijayawada on 1 December in 11 hours. Stuck to NH16, inspite of truck build-up due to Andhra floods.

Lunch was at Amaravati (limited menu due to less customers / floods) and evening chai at Rush Cafe. Both are highly recommended.

Stayed at The Park Elite for the night, which is a pleasant surprise. Neat and clean for Rs 2800, incl. taxes and breakfast. The Kay and Innotel were quoting Rs Rs 3900 and Rs 3500 respectively.
Sonali Singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 19:13   #844
BHPian

Can someone let me know about the latest status of the route now!!
I am planning to drive back to Bangalore from Bhubaneswar in the last week of this month.

Considering the heavy rains in the last month. Has there been any repair work done ?
Old 12th December 2021, 19:33   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Vijayawada to Bhubaneswar route update

Coming to the repercursion, the toll before the Godavari bridge proudly proclaimed that they don't accept Fastags. And there was a massive pile up of trucks and cars, everyone fighting tooth and nail to pass through. Didn't check the exact time but must have wasted 30 mins idling in that jam.

Post crossing the bridge, the next 20 kms stretch is horrible to say the least, until you hit the NH16. You find potholes which even the trucks avoid. Scraped my underbody at one spot.

Attachment 2239073
I too got stuck here in October when I was on BLR-JSR trip. I got so fed up that I ended my trip for the day and lodged in one hotel in Rajahmundry.

I have documented that incident in one video and suggested alternate route which goes through city but may be better than going through toll and bridge.

I have NOT been on suggested route (in video) so verify before venturing out

Posting the YouTube link here . You can see the condition of road after toll.

KumarS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:27   #846
BHPian

Did a Vijayawada-Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada drive this weekend.

Took the Eluru- Nallajerla- Godavara 4th Bridge ( Byepassing Rajahmundry)- Tuni-Visakhapatnam

Vijayawada-Eluru stretch is still under construction and is in okayish condition. Barring a few diversions till the Gundalagolanu /Bheemdolu cross, the route through Nallajerla is butter smooth till the Godavari Bridge.
And as suggested by others, the 4th bridge does not have Fastag and thus, there will be long waiting lines. One can turn right before entering the bridge towards Kovvur and pass through the town like we did the same while returning.

While returning, we entered Rajahmundry, crossed the river on Road-cum-Rail Bridge and entered the Nallajerla highway after the 4th bridge. It took almost 40 min to cross the town , but since it was already half past 8 in the night, the traffic was manageable and was much better route.

The road to Vijayawada from Nallajerla cross is almost done and is in great shape.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 13:10   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
And as suggested by others, the 4th bridge does not have Fastag and thus, there will be long waiting lines. One can turn right before entering the bridge towards Kovvur and pass through the town like we did the same while returning.
I too drove few weeks back via rail-cum-road bridge and it is a much better option compared to 4th bridge.
Old 17th December 2021, 08:10   #848
Senior - BHPian

We are planning a trip from Vizag to Puri. I could see a road next to the chilaka lake, and a ferry crossing. Wanted to know how are the road conditions, how good is the ferry service, any good places to stop for a break.

If the roads are bad or the ferry service is bad, we would take the usual NH16 road and turn right towards Puri. Any road suggestions on puri, konark & Bhubaneswar are welcome.
Old 17th December 2021, 09:47   #849

I am planning a trip from Bangalore - Puri starting on 25th. This thread has helped me put up a below plan:

Day 1(Bangalore - Rajahmundry): Start from Silk board @ Bangalore at 5 AM. Follow Chittoor-Tirupati-Vijaywada-Rajahmundry route(Rail cum road bridge) and try to reach Rajahmundry city by 7 PM and stay for night. With a breakfast and lunch break. Still searching for good hotel to stay in Rajahmundry. Any recommendation for hotel near city entrance with easy access?

Day 2: Rajahmundry - Puri: Start again at 5 AM from Rajahmundry and follow Vizag bypass, Brahmapur, Puri route and reach by 4 PM at Puri. Planning to stay at Sterling Resort, Puri.

Need some help from fellow BHPians:

1. Google map timings are way more than my estimates so I am little apprehensive whether it looks doable? Normally Google map estimates are 10-15% on higher side but here it looks way higher compared to distance.

2. Any good hotel recommendations in Rajahmundry with easy access and safe parking ?

3. In my last Bangalore - Patna road trip, I really struggled with getting premium petrol for my car(manufacturer recommends premium) on highway petrol pumps. I might need refills around Ongole and then near Vizag bypass. If anyone can provide pointers for petrol pumps with premium petrol at these locations? It's a long shot question but just trying my luck :-)
Old 17th December 2021, 11:52   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinit View Post

1. Google map timings are way more than my estimates so I am little apprehensive whether it looks doable? Normally Google map estimates are 10-15% on higher side but here it looks way higher compared to distance.

2. Any good hotel recommendations in Rajahmundry with easy access and safe parking ?

3. In my last Bangalore - Patna road trip, I really struggled with getting premium petrol for my car(manufacturer recommends premium) on highway petrol pumps. I might need refills around Ongole and then near Vizag bypass. If anyone can provide pointers for petrol pumps with premium petrol at these locations? It's a long shot question but just trying my luck :-)
1. Bangalore to Vijayawada is a 9.5-10 hour drive, including breaks. Crossing Vijayawada would be 30-60 mins depending on when you are crossing. Rajahmundry is a 3-3.5 hr drive including crossing Vijayawada.

2. Rajahmundry has little option for decent hotels. My preferred option has been Anand Regency. Have stayed there 3 times until 2 years but don't have the latest update. It is situated near the highway and has good parking space inside their premises.

3. I never needed refills near Ongole but can comment about Vizag bypass. You can find a lot of good fuel bunks before reaching Anakapelle bypass.

One such option is this which I used couple of weeks ago: https://goo.gl/maps/12UygJrTBs3VRhJq8

Last edited by ashis89 : 17th December 2021 at 11:56.
Old 17th December 2021, 16:01   #851
BHPian

Quote:

To be honest the option in Rajahmundry is very limited. Since you need to divide your drive into ~14hours+~10 hours anyway, pls see if it makes sense to halt at Vijaywada. That way you have ample stay/food options. Also, most importantly, you can have a clean start the second day without getting tired from handling all those Vijayawada city traffic.
bong_voyager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 00:42   #852

Thanks @ashis89 Your estimates on time are matching mine. Will check out Anand Regency. Reviews looks okay.

@bong_voyager Staying in Vijaywada is also an option. In break journey, normally I try to cover more on first day as kids starts to get impatient on second day :-) In fact while returning I am planning to stay in Vijaywada(Hotel Novotel).
Old 18th December 2021, 10:05   #853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In break journey, normally I try to cover more on first day as kids starts to get impatient on second day :-) In fact while returning I am planning to stay in Vijaywada(Hotel Novotel).
Agree with your thoughts here. Stretching till Rajahmundry (or even Vizag is doable as the roads are good) would be better, on day 1.

For the return leg, Novotel is a good option. I stayed there during my return in Feb earlier this year. Another option would be DV Manor. Slightly away from the highway but has excellent food (look for suggestions on this a couple of pages ago on this thread).
Old 31st December 2021, 21:37   #854

I completed my onward journey on 25th. Started from Bangalore at 4:15 AM and reached Rajahmurdy at around 7 PM with 3-4 breaks. Stayed at newly opened hotel Manjeera Sarovar. Claims to be a 5 star but currently at a 4 star level.

On 26th December started from Rajahmurdy at 8:15 AM and reached Puri at around 7:30 PM with two breaks. Took lot of time from Brahmapur to Puri due to multiple diversions and slow moving traffic(the ones who don't give way to faster vehicles).

While coming back today started early at 4:15 AM from Puri and was able to hit AP border in 3 hours. Reached Vijaywada at 4:30 PM with multiple breaks(Total around 2 hour). Took Godavari 4th bridge. Approach road before the bridge is all patched up. It's not a very good quality patching but was able to manage speed above 60-70. Also surprisingly there was no queue at toll gate on either side. Will start for Bangalore tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bong_voyager View Post
To be honest the option in Rajahmundry is very limited. Since you need to divide your drive into ~14hours+~10 hours anyway, pls see if it makes sense to halt at Vijaywada. That way you have ample stay/food options. Also, most importantly, you can have a clean start the second day without getting tired from handling all those Vijayawada city traffic.
Quote:
1. Bangalore to Vijayawada is a 9.5-10 hour drive, including breaks. Crossing Vijayawada would be 30-60 mins depending on when you are crossing. Rajahmundry is a 3-3.5 hr drive including crossing Vijayawada.

2. Rajahmundry has little option for decent hotels. My preferred option has been Anand Regency. Have stayed there 3 times until 2 years but don't have the latest update. It is situated near the highway and has good parking space inside their premises.

3. I never needed refills near Ongole but can comment about Vizag bypass. You can find a lot of good fuel bunks before reaching Anakapelle bypass.

One such option is this which I used couple of weeks ago: https://goo.gl/maps/12UygJrTBs3VRhJq8
Quote:
I am planning a trip from Bangalore - Puri starting on 25th. This thread has helped me put up a below plan:

Day 1(Bangalore - Rajahmundry): Start from Silk board @ Bangalore at 5 AM. Follow Chittoor-Tirupati-Vijaywada-Rajahmundry route(Rail cum road bridge) and try to reach Rajahmundry city by 7 PM and stay for night. With a breakfast and lunch break. Still searching for good hotel to stay in Rajahmundry. Any recommendation for hotel near city entrance with easy access?

Day 2: Rajahmundry - Puri: Start again at 5 AM from Rajahmundry and follow Vizag bypass, Brahmapur, Puri route and reach by 4 PM at Puri. Planning to stay at Sterling Resort, Puri.

Abhinit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 22:33   #855
BHPian

Hello all.

Planning a trip along this route from Bangalore to Bhubaneswar on 15th and 16th January. Plan to depart from Bangalore at 5a.m on 15th (Sunday) and get to either Vijayawada or Rajahmundry by evening and stay there for the night and continue onwards to Bhubaneswar the next day.

What would be a better place to layover between the two ? Open to accommodation suggestions in both Vijayawada and Rajahmundry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks