Team-BHP - Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/89966-bangalore-vijayawada-vizag-bhubaneswar-route-queries-44.html)

I am planning to drive to Vizag from Bengaluru on 13th evening. I use to drive to Vizag almost every year for close to 10 yrs. however I have not driven in last 6 years

Need recommendation on the below

1. Which of the routes - Via HYD or Via Tirupathi is better and faster? Via Hyd is longer by 180 kms and Hence I should be able to gain 2 hrs of driving to be considered as faster route to Via Thirupathy

2. I have also read that via Kurnool-Doranala- Chilukuripeta is another alternative. Are the roads good?

Appreciate quick response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshurs (Post 4587679)

1. Which of the routes - Via HYD or Via Tirupathi is better and faster? Via Hyd is longer by 180 kms and Hence I should be able to gain 2 hrs of driving to be considered as faster route to Via Thirupathy

Dont even touch the tirupati road in a 4 wheeler. The road works are bollocks, conditions are terrible, and the people driving towards and out of tirupati seem to have a death wish to meet their maker.

Avoid.

I was planning on doing a loop ride starting from Bangalore. Bangalore - Nellore - Hyderabad - Bangalore was the route I had planned.

Name:  Bangalore  Nellore  Hyderabad  Bangalore Route.PNG
Views: 3962
Size:  183.0 KB

After reading the above posts, it doesn't seem wise to take the Vellore-Tirupati route to reach Nellore due to all the road work/widening. Are there any alternate route suggestions? Or do I have to go till Chennai and then take the road to Nellore via Naidupetta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar (Post 4589113)
I was planning on doing a loop ride starting from Bangalore. Bangalore - Nellore - Hyderabad - Bangalore was the route I had planned.

?

Dude, that entire circuit is burning like Thanos just flicked his fingers. The tirupati section like i said above is like an Avengers set.

Unless you have some work that can't be put off, i would not venture onto that ultra boring, nothing to see, nothing to eat but dust highway.

Do some ooty-kodai-munnar circuit instead on your new bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshurs (Post 4587679)
I am planning to drive to Vizag from Bengaluru on 13th evening. I use to drive to Vizag almost every year for close to 10 yrs. however I have not driven in last 6 years

Need recommendation on the below

2. I have also read that via Kurnool-Doranala- Chilukuripeta is another alternative. Are the roads good?

Any update on the route via Kurnool and Dornala? I am asking because my cousin is relocating to Vizag this month end from Bangalore and needs to drive his car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 4589214)
Any update on the route via Kurnool and Dornala? I am asking because my cousin is relocating to Vizag this month end from Bangalore and needs to drive his car.

In between Dornala and Atmakur there was some extensive road widening work going on during February, when we travelled on that stretch. In the ghat section the road was quite patchy and narrow due to the widening work. Moreover they had dumped broken sharp edged stone pieces on the shoulder of the road, to be used for the width expansion, and I can assure you that your tyres will curse you like anything when you have to travel on those stones to give way to oncoming traffic. So most peaceful drive option will be Bangy - Hyd - Vijaywada in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9tMax (Post 4591215)
In between Dornala and Atmakur there was some extensive road widening work going on during February, when we travelled on that stretch. In the ghat section the road was quite patchy and narrow due to the widening work. Moreover they had dumped broken sharp edged stone pieces on the shoulder of the road, to be used for the width expansion, and I can assure you that your tyres will curse you like anything when you have to travel on those stones to give way to oncoming traffic. So most peaceful drive option will be Bangy - Hyd - Vijaywada in my opinion.

Thank you buddy. Really appreciate your timely inputs!

Cheers!:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 4589132)
Dude, that entire circuit is burning like Thanos just flicked his fingers. The tirupati section like i said above is like an Avengers set. Do some ooty-kodai-munnar circuit instead on your new bike.

Thanks buddy! I've decided against it. Still going to Hyderabad though for my annual May 'peak heat madness' ride. Been wanting to go to Hyderabad for some time now and what better time to do it that at the peak of summer. stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 4587685)
Dont even touch the tirupati road in a 4 wheeler.....

Avoid.

Thanks to Red Liner suggestion, I did Bangalore to Vizag Via Hyderabad. I did BLR to HYD on 13th May evening and Hyd to Vizag on 14th May evening

The details are as below

Bangalore to Hyderabad : Awesome Road, hardly any traffic. Speed Mostly between 130-140 kmph except for towns and villages

06:15 pm : crossed Blr Airport toll gate
8:30 pm : Stopped for Dinner at Blue moon. Quick service as it was relatively empty. Left after 30 min break
10:00 pm : Crossed Kurnool
11:15 pm : Hyderabad Airport-ORR interchange

Hyderabad to Visakhapatnam : Hyderabad to Vijayawada bypass near Ibrahimpatnam is good with two lane traffic in Nandigama. Vijayawada bypass cannot be called one as it has sections of patchy road and narrow two lane roads. Vijayawada to Vizag is heavy traffic and made me think if I need to start early morning on return journey to avoid traffic

2:35 pm : left Sheraton at Financial district
3:10 pm : exit ORR for Vijayawada road. Awesome road, hardly any traffic. Cruise control deployed. Hoping there would be no speed tickets.
5:30 pm : Vijayawada bypass
6:30 pm : crossed Gannavaram. Heavy peak time traffic. Loads of Two wheelers who are not bothered about truck traffic
7:00 pm : Eluru bypass. Road is patchy between Gannavaram and Eluru.
7:40 pm : Tadepalligudem. Eluru to Tadepalligudem is sub standard and patchy road for NH. Diversions due to road work.
8:45 pm : Rajahmundry via Nidadovole. Avoidable, statehighway with heavy traffic
11:15 pm: port connectivity road, Visakhapatnam

With the traffic, I am thinking about the return via Rajahmundry 4th bridge to avoid Nidadavole stretch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshurs (Post 4591948)
The details are as below

8:30 pm : Stopped for Dinner at Blue moon. Quick service as it was relatively empty. Left after 30 min break
10:00 pm : Crossed Kurnool
11:15 pm : Hyderabad Airport-ORR interchange

[b][u]

2:35 pm : left Sheraton at Financial district
3:10 pm : exit ORR for Vijayawada road. Awesome road, hardly any traffic. Cruise control deployed. Hoping there would be no speed tickets.
5:30 pm : Vijayawada bypass
6:30 pm : crossed Gannavaram. Heavy peak time traffic. Loads of Two wheelers who are not bothered about truck traffic

With the traffic, I am thinking about the return via Rajahmundry 4th bridge to avoid Nidadavole stretch.

Holy cow, i was wondering which vehicle could take you so fast from Kurnool to Shamshabad, and from Sheraton to Vijaywada bypass, till I saw your profile picture!:Shockked:

As regards speeding tickets, I am afraid there is one for you on the ORR for Rs 1035. It is the same spot where many are being trapped--Chenamma Hotel, Rajendra Nagar.

See the url below:

https://echallan.tspolice.gov.in/publicview/

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 4592187)
Holy cow, i was wondering which vehicle could take you so fast from Kurnool to Shamshabad, and from Sheraton to Vijaywada bypass, till I saw your profile picture!:Shockked:

As regards speeding tickets, I am afraid there is one for you on the ORR for Rs 1035. It is the same spot where many are being trapped--Chenamma Hotel, Rajendra Nagar.

See the url below:

https://echallan.tspolice.gov.in/publicview/

Thanks. I will pay the fine shorthly. It was a mistake in my update. RGIA ORR interchange was at 11:55 pm and not 11:15 pm as mentioned earlier.

Guys

My son and his colleagues are driving to Machilipatnam this Thursday night to attend a wedding. As all of them have calls till 830 pm, they plan to start from office at Raidurgam around 9 pm and go via ORR.

As they will be reaching their destination around 2 am, they wanted to know where they can have food on the highway. 7 Food Court may not be open by the time they cross it around 1130 pm. Are there any other options?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 4595330)
Guys

As they will be reaching their destination around 2 am, they wanted to know where they can have food on the highway. 7 Food Court may not be open by the time they cross it around 1130 pm. Are there any other options?

Thanks in advance.

There are many road side dhabas near Suryapet. If not, they can as well complete their dinner in the city itself :D and then leave for the destination.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoseVijay (Post 4595338)
There are many road side dhabas near Suryapet. If not, they can as well complete their dinner in the city itself :D and then leave for the destination.

Thanks, even I have advised that they have dinner and start the journey.

Guys, We have to do Bangalore to Vijayawada this weekend. With the ongoing works on Tirupati route, what is the alternate route we can take