Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:46   #1
BHPian

Route Query BLR-HYD-NGP

Dear Friends,

I am planning to do a road trip from Bangalore to Nagpur via hyderabad in second week of december.Request all TBHians members provide their inputs on

1) Route to be taken

2) Any good and cheap hotels on outskits of Hyderabad for nigh stay

Regards,

Harry
Old 22nd November 2010, 12:43   #2
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Finally it has been confirmed that i along with Dad will be doing this trip in second week of December in our old 2004 Maruti 800. Though its going to be very tough to do such a long trip in M800 as recently I brought a brand new 1.3 Punto MJD.So Actually wanted to do the trip in this new Punto however need to drop M800 to Nagpur.Alos another challenge is that our Old Maruti does not have a A/C or Music system, hoping only our saviour will be the Dec month weather and so will not be that much hot.

Itenary :

18th Dec: Leave Bangalore early by 5 am to avoid morning rush

18th Dec : Night Stay in Hyderbad. Maybe visit paradise to have some Biriyanis ( If time permits )

19th Dec : Leave for HYD early and try to reach Ngp by 5 PM

Request all TBHians members provide their inputs on :

1) Road Condition between Bangalore and Hyderabad

2) Road Condition between Hyderabad and Nagpur

3) Any good and cheap hotels on outskits of Hyderabad for night stay

Regards,

Harry
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:16   #3
BHPian

Bng - Ngp

Hi,

The route is simple.

Bangalore - Hyderbad : NH7 (to be renamed as NH44 soon).

i.e. via Anantpur, Karnool.

Great roads all throughout. With your M800 and you starting by 5 AM, you should reach Hyderbad by 3 PM (Considering breakfast / lunch breaks etc).

Next Day : NH7 again.

Starting early from Hyderabad around 5 AM will ease your way through the city and get on to NH7.

Route : HYDBAD - Nizamabad - Nirmal - Pandharkwada - Hinganghat - Nagpur.

Roads till Nirmal or AP border are good. Atleast 150 kms from Hydbad, roads are excellent. Then on 4 lane work in progress.
Roads around Pandharkwada (25-30 Kms) are bad, but drivable for sure.

You should reach Nagpur by 2.30 PM, if you start by 5 AM from Hyderabad.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:50   #4
BHPian

Thanks Neo. Any Sujession for the any good hotels near HYD for night stay.

Cheers,

HarryB
Old 22nd November 2010, 16:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
Thanks Neo. Any Sujession for the any good hotels near HYD for night stay.
Harry - I recommend that you stay somewhere on the outskirts of Hyd for the night unless you cannot resist the temptation of digging into Paradise biryani From what I understand, you can bypass the city completely by taking JN Expressway - Miyanpur - Medak Road (Hyderabadi's can correct me if I am wrong here) and stay at some good hotel on this route.

PS - I would be very interested in your experience since I would be taking this route to Bhopal in the third week of Decemeber.
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

I just drove the Nagpur-Hyderabad-Bangalore road 3 days ago.

Road conditions around Pandharkawada and Hinganghat (totalling some 30-50 kms) are simply undriveable even in a SUV.

I find the Hyderabad bypass simply too confusing, please research your route well ahead to avoid getting lost while bypassing Hyderabad.

Gooty Bypass is incomplete, but incomplete. You can take it but keep to the wrong side and be careful at the end of the bypass towards the south side.

And for those coming from north side, the NHAI morons confuse you at Gooty bypass by suddenly switching over from NH7 to NH44 (the so-called new highway number).

Last edited by hvkumar : 22nd November 2010 at 17:27.
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:36   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Road conditions around Pandharkawada and Hinganghat (totalling some 30-50 kms) are simply undriveable even in a SUV.
Kumar Saab, this is worrisome. I'll be driving this stretch in 30 days time from Hyderabad to Bhopal and wanted to get an idea of how bad this really is? Can you tell me how much time it took you to cover this stretch?
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

canonguy, I was driving a Gypsy and it does not travel very fast. We were driving in first and second gear on many stretches, dodging pot holes or on roads which were completely chipped off. Took around an hour to cover 25 kms from Hinganghat (towards Pandharkawada), and the 25 kms out of Pandharkawada also took us another hour. This stretch has been this way for quite some time now, thanks to the road widening going on and I think it unlikely it will see any significant improvement till it is completed. But in a 1000 km+ journey, I think bad roads for 30-50 kms is bearable.
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:28   #9
BHPian

@ HVK :- What about the other route from HYD - NGP (as other option in this case) : via Ramagundam, Kagaznagar etc ? Is that route bad too ?

@ Others :- One update I have is; the overbridge on Railway crossing just before Nagpur is complete and atleast one side is open for traffic. This will save 10-15 mins of your overall travel.
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:46   #10
BHPian

Hi

Dear HVK,
  • What was duration of your NGP - BNG trip ? (was it without halt) ?
  • If not, is it doable (without halt) considering the current road conditions - if we start from BNG at 3 AM ?
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:47   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Took around an hour to cover 25 kms from Hinganghat (towards Pandharkawada), and the 25 kms out of Pandharkawada also took us another hour......

But in a 1000 km+ journey, I think bad roads for 30-50 kms is bearable.
25 kms in an hour! Sounds horrible indeed. But as you said 50 kms of bad roads in a long journey should be bearable.

In any case, if this has been state of affairs for many years, I shouldn't expect it to get any better in 30 days. Guess will have to factor in the extra time and plan accordingly.

Thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Dear HVK,
  • is it doable (without halt) considering the current road conditions - if we start from BNG at 3 AM ?
With a 3 am start you should be able to cover BLR-HYD (585 kms approx) in 7 to 8.5 hrs easily. Remaining 500 kms to NGP from HYD, I think, should be possible in 8.5 to 9 hrs keeping in mind the 2 hrs you'll spend covering the 50 kms stretch mentioned by HVK.

So by most conservative estimate it should be 17.5 hrs of driving time and if you choose to make a couple of halts of 30 mins each, total journey time should be 18.5 hrs.

Last edited by v12 : 23rd November 2010 at 10:57.
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

I met HVK while he was passing Hyderabad on his way to Kerala. His timing from this trip cannot be taken as the benchmark as he was driving much slower than usual due to the convoy.

Ideal timings are Bangalore - Hyderabad : 7 Hours in any fast sedan/ hatch maintaining about 110-120KMPh
Hyderabad - Nagpur : 9 Hours considering the bad stretches as well as 2 lane roads at some places.
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1) Road Condition between Bangalore and Hyderabad
Supreme condition,I do it regularly in a M800 and it takes exactly 7.5hrs to reach the Hyd airport from Hebbal interchange.Gooty bypass is still not open like HVK said,go through the town,its safer in a small car.

Quote:
3) Any good and cheap hotels on outskits of Hyderabad for night stay
You could stay in Hotel Sitara Grand.TBhpian Canonguy has also booked himself there during his drive to Bhopal.They offer a 20% discount to TBhpians.Contact Sukdham-09246264446.Decent place for an overnighter.
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:05   #14
BHPian

Thanks for the update.

This time I am planning to do it non-stop.
Hoping that I don't get bored / tired on way.
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:17   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Thanks for the update.

This time I am planning to do it non-stop.
Hoping that I don't get bored / tired on way.

Thanks for the update.All these valubale inputs will make my journey very comfortable

Regards,

HarrYB

Most Viewed