Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2005, 19:27   #16
BHPian

And i forgot to say this ..
I am sure your Petra will cruise down to Hyd from Pune without any need of refueling once you fill its fuel tanks ...
Old 1st January 2007, 01:21   #17
BHPian

Petra - Mumbai to Hyderabad

I did Mumbai - Hyderabad and got atleast 16+ on my petra 1.6. Mostly the roads are good and during day time the traffic is not that bad sans for Autos & Bikes and bullock carts.
Old 16th March 2007, 12:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Old thread.. I know.

But I need info on what is the current condition of the road and the average trip time from Pune to Hyd? If I start at 6am from Pune, Can I reach Hyd for lunch ? Where can I break journey for breakfast (and lunch).
Old 16th March 2007, 13:18   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Old thread.. I know.

But I need info on what is the current condition of the road and the average trip time from Pune to Hyd? If I start at 6am from Pune, Can I reach Hyd for lunch ? Where can I break journey for breakfast (and lunch).
Well, i have done several back and forth trip to pune on a suzuki shogun way back in 97-98 and i still regularly travel halfway upto sholapur on way to some other place and the road is really good from Pune to Sholapur and from Sholapur to Humnabad. But from Humnabad until Zaheerabad there are a few rough patches nothing a good car cannot take. btw, which car your going to drive?

And, Noway you can reach Hyd by Lunch if you start at 6am, probably for an early dinner is a possibility . Distance of Pune-Hyd is 550KM and if you drive fast you will cover in 9 hours minimum of purely highway driving not counting the time taken to get on to the highway . You can break journey at Sholapur for an early lunch.

While coming to Hyderabad from 30KMS+ upto Hyderabad ( BHEL), the roads are being widened and to cover this 30kms will easily take an hour or two plus another hour from BHEL to inland city.

So be mentally prepared about the above, cheers and enjoy the drive
Old 16th March 2007, 13:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info!! I'll be driving a Baleno.
Old 16th March 2007, 15:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Spadival, contact Suren. He has done two trips in one week (around a week back or so). Might be able to give you an updated road version.
Old 16th March 2007, 15:12   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

It is a known fact to most of the regular travellers to Mumbai/Pune that Hyd-Pune route is fabulous except for the bad patches that i mentioned before probably a few more but, as a thumb rule this route is always touted as a good route. Only hiccup could be the traffic which is quite high on this highway.

I have been on this road last before weekend hence the feedback posted is most updated.
Old 25th March 2007, 22:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

I did the trip last week.. The stretch near Hyd is pretty narrow because of the construction activity. And NH9 is single carriageway all the way .. :(.. perhaps I am too used to travelling by GQ and NS corridor
Old 26th March 2007, 13:08   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did the trip last week.. The stretch near Hyd is pretty narrow because of the construction activity. And NH9 is single carriageway all the way .. :(.. perhaps I am too used to travelling by GQ and NS corridor
Good to know that you trip went well. Mind posting your trip details? When you started and reached Hyderabad and return trip as well?
Old 26th March 2007, 17:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Ok.. Here it is..

Pre trip preparation:
1. I had used Google Maps to find the route to join NH9 from Aundh. Also, the route from NH9 to our company guest house in Hyd. This saved us a lot of time - instead of asking people for directions . Other than that, the NH9 route is fairly straight forward.
2. Usual check on the vehicle - Oil, tyre pressure etc

Journey :
Start - 8.30 AM from Aundh, Pune.
End - 7:30 PM at Banjara Hills, Hyd.

Rest stops :
- 1 hour for lunch at Reliance A1 Plaza near Sholapur. A1 Plaza was pretty deserted with us being the only customers at the time. But we got good food in an a/c room with big screen (projector) TV. The toilets were clean. But overall, a good place for a break instead of going into Sholapur.
- Two 5 min breaks in the middle of nowhere .. The scenary is a bit bleak with plain, flat dry land all along the way.

Road & Traffice condition : Since we started late, there was lot of truck traffic on the way. And since the road is single carriage all along the way, overtaking is a real pain, with slow moving trailer trucks and truck chassis trying to overtake each other. A biker tried to kill himself by suddenly veering into my path (I was at approx 90 kmph) on the highway, just because he wanted to take the right turn (or die) in a hurry. Me standing on the breaks and screaming Yokohamas, which didnt lock up or skid, saved us. Anyway, me and my wife were wearing seat belts.
Old 26th March 2007, 17:16   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Spadival, that sounds like you had a pretty nice and almost ( except for that biker ) an uneventful trip, thats how i would expect my trip to be totally uneventful which in other words reads as safe
Old 26th October 2007, 10:36   #27
BHPian

Mahad Pune Hyderabad road trip

Quote:
Ok.. Here it is..

Pre trip preparation:
1. I had used Google Maps to find the route to join NH9 from Aundh. Also, the route from NH9 to our company guest house in Hyd. This saved us a lot of time - instead of asking people for directions . Other than that, the NH9 route is fairly straight forward.
2. Usual check on the vehicle - Oil, tyre pressure etc

Journey :
Start - 8.30 AM from Aundh, Pune.
End - 7:30 PM at Banjara Hills, Hyd.

Rest stops :
- 1 hour for lunch at Reliance A1 Plaza near Sholapur. A1 Plaza was pretty deserted with us being the only customers at the time. But we got good food in an a/c room with big screen (projector) TV. The toilets were clean. But overall, a good place for a break instead of going into Sholapur.
- Two 5 min breaks in the middle of nowhere .. The scenary is a bit bleak with plain, flat dry land all along the way.

Road & Traffice condition : Since we started late, there was lot of truck traffic on the way. And since the road is single carriage all along the way, overtaking is a real pain, with slow moving trailer trucks and truck chassis trying to overtake each other. A biker tried to kill himself by suddenly veering into my path (I was at approx 90 kmph) on the highway, just because he wanted to take the right turn (or die) in a hurry. Me standing on the breaks and screaming Yokohamas, which didnt lock up or skid, saved us. Anyway, me and my wife were wearing seat belts.
Hi Guys need advice,
Planning a road trip from Mahad to Pune on 31st.Will be leaving Mahad by 5 am to Pune through Mangaon-Tamhini-Mulshi-Paud -Pune.I have done this trip number of times-ghat road and takes about 3 hours for 160 kms.I will be driving alone in a Maruti 800.Will be in Pune say by 8.00hrs.Breakfast in Pune and then leave by 8.45 towards Sholapur.Have gone through the other travelogues for this route.Considering I do not cross 80 kmph can I reach Sholapur by 13.00hrs.Break for lunch till say 2 pm and continue driving to Hyderabad.
Spadival from your travelogue it took you about 11 hours from Pune to Hyderabad.How long did it take from Sholapur to Hyderabad and does any one know what is the current road conditions
Mobike 008,read your post. does it take 9hours plus 3 hours to get into the city(ie i hour from upto Hyderabad ( BHEL), two plus another hour from BHEL to inland city.)Does this still hold good or is the roads better now.
If it takes 11 hours then I will reach Hyderabad after midnight and I do not enjoy night driving.I will also be driving a Goa registration vehicle.Do I have to anticipate any problems from the Hyderabad RTO or cops.
Alternatively is there any place to break for the night enroute and start early next morning to reachHyderabad by afternoon.Any hotel suggestions
Total distance will be 160+550=710 kms and I will be driving alone.I have done max 450 kms continously ( to Goa )
Spadival Can I get a google map for the route without downloading the software for it on my computer
All advice is very much welcomed.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:29   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Fergus, if you start at 9am from Pune, if you drive steadily at 80kmph without any stops you can reach sholapur by 1:30pm. And, from there again same duration but sholapur to Hyderabad, some stretches may not be very good and its a high traffic route, so be prepared to lose lot of ground.

Pune-Sholapur and Sholapur-Hyd are almost equal distance, so if you take all hurdles into consideration if you start at 9am, you can definetly reach hyderabad by 9-10pm in the night.
Old 26th October 2007, 14:46   #29
BHPian

Pune Hyderabad trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Fergus, if you start at 9am from Pune, if you drive steadily at 80kmph without any stops you can reach sholapur by 1:30pm. And, from there again same duration but sholapur to Hyderabad, some stretches may not be very good and its a high traffic route, so be prepared to lose lot of ground.

Pune-Sholapur and Sholapur-Hyd are almost equal distance, so if you take all hurdles into consideration if you start at 9am, you can definetly reach hyderabad by 9-10pm in the night.
Mobike,
If I had to break journey for any reason on the way I feel Sholapur would be a better option.Any hotels on the route itself so I do not have to go through the city.
Fergus
Old 26th October 2007, 16:20   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
Mobike,
If I had to break journey for any reason on the way I feel Sholapur would be a better option.Any hotels on the route itself so I do not have to go through the city.
Fergus
you wont get any on the main highway, you need to step out of the bypass and enter into city and you will find many hotels. I dont remember the names of any of them right now. But, its just 2-3 kms from the bypass into the city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks