Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2007, 20:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How do I get on NH17-Pali-Khopoli-Expressway route from Mahad.Any ideas?
Hmmm.. on second thoughts, you are better off with the Tamhini ghat route..

FYI, Pali route is the road marked 92 on the map ->.Yahoo! India Maps

Its the road just after a bridge if I remember correctly. You will find signpost to Khopoli and Pune.

Quote:
Is A1 plaza on the roadside only.How far before the city?
Regards, will be in touch in case i need more info
Fergus
Yes, its on the roadside on your right when you go towards Sholapur from Pune. No idea how far its from Sholapur.

Also, instead of staying in Sholapur, why dont you come to Pune, stay overnight and start off early next day. That way, you can beat the Pune city traffic as well, especially as there is no bypass road to get on to Pune-Sholapur road.
Old 16th May 2008, 20:14   #32
BHPian

Finally posted details of the Mahad pune Hyderabad trip

Well thanks to all you Hyderabad guys for the advice specially mobike008 I did finally make the trip way back in October 2007( sorry for the long delay in posting) .I have logged on to team bhp after more than 6 months.In fact i made 3 trips Mahad Pune Hyderabad and within a week I returned to Mahad and left the very next day back to hyderabad.In about 8 days i did about 2500 kms.
The first trip Mahad Pune Hyderabad was done during the day I left at 5.45 am Mahad and reached Hyderabad at 11 pm.The journey was good with the exception of rain for about an hour.Before BHEL the road was bad.
The second trip Hyderabad Pune Mahad was done with a night stopover at Solapur.I left Hyderabad at 4 pm reached Solapur by 9.30 pm Stopped for the night.Started early next morning at 5.30 am from Solapur and reached Mahad by 1.30 pm.
The third trip :The very next day I left Mahad at 12 noon and drove continously to reach Hyderabad at 2.30 am the next day.
Lunch stopovers for all trips were at The AI plazas along the way .
The mileage i got throughout was around 19 kpl.No punctures only it was a tired trip specially the third trip with all the heavy traffic flashing their headlights into your eyes.
I have now settled in Hyderabad.
Thanks once gain all you guys for all the inputs-advice maps etc
Fergus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
you wont get any on the main highway, you need to step out of the bypass and enter into city and you will find many hotels. I dont remember the names of any of them right now. But, its just 2-3 kms from the bypass into the city.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

So what route did you finally take to reach Pune?
Old 20th May 2008, 20:00   #34
BHPian

I took the route Mahad via Tamhini Ghat to Pune.I bit rough in some stretches but it was not a unknown route since I had gone once befor on this route to Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
So what route did you finally take to reach Pune?
Old 29th December 2009, 13:18   #35
BHPian

Hi all,
I need route details from Pune to Warangal (A.P).
I need to collect my degree from NIT Warangal.
Also please let me know if its safe to travel to AP now a days
Old 29th December 2009, 15:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragya View Post
Hi all,
I need route details from Pune to Warangal (A.P).
I need to collect my degree from NIT Warangal.
Also please let me know if its safe to travel to AP now a days
No problems with driving through AP atleast as of now.

Pune to Warangal has to be done via Hyderabad.Pune-Hyd would take around 10hours.There are bad sections on NH9 between Pune & Solapur.The reccomended route now a days is to reach Indapur by taking the Pune-Saswad-Jejuri-Baramati-Indapur-Solapur route.

Hyd-Warangal would take around 3hours.
Old 7th August 2011, 17:37   #37

Re: Planning a road trip: Pune to Hyderabad

Has anyone done a Hyderabad - Pune road trip recently? how are the roads? What length of the 560 kms is 4 lane?
Old 8th August 2011, 11:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akpd0659 View Post
Has anyone done a Hyderabad - Pune road trip recently? how are the roads? What length of the 560 kms is 4 lane?
Hyd-Sangareddy to 4laned.After that its single carriageway all the way till Pune.

Roads are being widened,so drive only if you must,else take the train.Irrespective of the route you take budget for a 10-12hour drive.

Go via Solapur-Indapur-Baramati-Jejuri-Saswad-Kapurhole-Pune route as the highway is being widened between Indapur & Pune.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 23:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hyd-Sangareddy to 4laned.After that its single carriageway all the way till Pune.

Roads are being widened,so drive only if you must,else take the train.Irrespective of the route you take budget for a 10-12hour drive.

Go via Solapur-Indapur-Baramati-Jejuri-Saswad-Kapurhole-Pune route as the highway is being widened between Indapur & Pune.
I am also planning to drive to Hyderabad from Pune on 2nd October. Any idea about the road widening between Pune-Solapur ? is this still going on or completed ? what is the suggested route now ?
Old 28th September 2011, 23:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
I am also planning to drive to Hyderabad from Pune on 2nd October. Any idea about the road widening between Pune-Solapur ? is this still going on or completed ? what is the suggested route now ?
already replied on the other thread.road widening is not going to be completed any time soon.come via baramati for peace of mind.try and leave by 5 to beat the truck traffic after indapur.
Old 29th September 2011, 14:36   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
already replied on the other thread.road widening is not going to be completed any time soon.come via baramati for peace of mind.try and leave by 5 to beat the truck traffic after indapur.
Thanks a lot Ranjit. As always you have been very helpful. I drove the same route 2 yrs back (in opposite direction) and that time also your detailed advice and road condition review helped a lot.

Cheers
mittal_v2002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 14:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
Thanks a lot Ranjit. As always you have been very helpful. I drove the same route 2 yrs back (in opposite direction) and that time also your detailed advice and road condition review helped a lot.

Cheers
Welcome any time.Do not try to do nh9 in darkness at any cost,simply not worth it as hardly any road shoulder and plus unmarked diversions
Old 6th December 2012, 12:43   #43
BHPian

Hi

I am doing a Pune-Hyderabad trip this Christmas. Any update on the road condition?

Since I'll be driving on this route for the first time, please suggest good eateries.

Thanks!
Old 6th December 2012, 12:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Hi

I am doing a Pune-Hyderabad trip this Christmas. Any update on the road condition?

Since I'll be driving on this route for the first time, please suggest good eateries.

Thanks!
Pls check this thread for the latest updates http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...olapur-14.html

As for eateries-no good ones on the entire stretch between Pune and Hyderabad.Carry food with you-thats the best option.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 12:53   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
HiI am doing a Pune-Hyderabad trip this Christmas. Any update on the road condition?
I am travelling to Pune next weekend. Will provide an update on my return so that'll be the freshest update that you can get before your trip to Hyderabad
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks