Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2014, 17:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is Raigad via Tamhini ghat in good shape?

Any latest update on Tamhini Ghat condition? I plan to travel on this weekend.
Old 16th April 2014, 17:57   #17
BHPian

Hi Folks. I am planning to travel to Diveagar this week-end with my family. An update on the route(s) & condition of the roads would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 02:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
Hi Folks. I am planning to travel to Diveagar this week-end with my family. An update on the route(s) & condition of the roads would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A lot depends on the vehicle you are going to use.
If you don't mind a few rough patches, the Tamhini ghat route(via Mulshi), would be quick. Take the left fork at Mangaon "phata", proceed via Nizampur to join NH 17. Then leave NH 17, proceeding to Shriwardhan via Goregaon, and then along the beach road to Dive Agar.

Mohan.
Old 9th December 2015, 16:07   #19
mo1
BHPian

Hello,

Any latest update on Tamhini Ghat road condition from Chandani chowk,Pune to Mangaon, Raigad?

I plan to travel on next weekend.

Thanks in advance!
Old 24th December 2015, 09:28   #20
mo1
BHPian

Okay...just came back from a Kokan trip. I went via Tamhini Ghat and came back via Kumbharli ghat.
The overall road via Tamhini ghat condition is okay.
1. First 75KMs in Pune District (from chandani chowk till tamhini) are a mixed bag. There are some minor rough patches and a couple of really bad ones. Also, even though most of the road surface is smooth, there are lot of undulations.(ups and downs) and most of the road has lot of turns.(very few straight lines)
But if you want to enjoy natural beauty, this is probably the best route!
2. In the second half (right after tamhini ghat in Riagad district), the road surface is very smooth but undulations and turns are still there.
So, it is a good option if you want to go to Shriwardhan or harihareshwar.

I enjoyed snacks at Quick-byte.I think 80-90% of folks travelling via Tamhini ghat take a break at quick-byte. There was a lot of rush but food is good.
Old 17th December 2016, 22:18   #21
BHPian

Is anyone recently drove through Tamhini Ghat? Planning to drive tomorrow from Pune to Dapoli via Tamhini as I planned to take Bhor for return. Info on recent road conditions will be very helpful. Thanks!
Old 4th July 2018, 09:52   #22
BHPian

Hello

Can anyone please suggest me the current best route from Mumbai to Raigad fort ?? We are 14 people driving in 4 cars coming Sunday ( My Polo, Baleno, Brezza and Dzire ). I was looking at NH17 till Mahad and then to Raigad but need an update on current road conditions between Mumbai and Mahad. I wouldn't have bothered much if I was driving out alone but I have a big group this time, hence looking for the best route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks