Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2010, 12:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Pune - Vadodara Query ( About Bharuch )

Pranav - will keenly watch this thread. As suggested you can make use of my Thunderbird route / breaks. I think Nano is very much capable of this journey; just respect the limits which you already know.

As MX6 has pointed out, people blow off things and get hyper about Nano. I drove my M80 Pune to Vadodara and my parents, wife were equally worried about the car's engine and whether it would be make it home or has to be towed mid-way.

Everytime I have driven with my family, the road was very clear - no jams at all. My average time to reach from Pune-Vadodara (or return) is 4am start and 2 or 2.30 pm at destination. So dont worry about Bharuch jams. Just bring those Kharishing.

Here is what I have planned on my Thunderbird. Waiting for home ministry approval. Date is offcourse, not fixed. Any long weekend (or Friday leave) would do. I have accounted for breaks every 70-odd kms / 60-70 mins of ride to give some relief to my "tashreef". I think you will be driving Nano approx the same speed.
From To kms mins time
Home Wakad / Highway 4 4:30
Highway Khopoli 65 70 5:40
BREAK 10 5:50
Khopoli Teen Hath Naka,Thane 75 80 6:10
BREAK 10 6:20
Teen Hath Naka, Thane Silver Miles,Manor 72 80 7:40
BREAK 20 8:00
Silver Miles, Manor Bhilad 72 80 9:20
BREAK 10 9:30
Bhilad Valsad 48 50 10:20
BREAK 20 10:40
Valsad Sachin 76 90 12:10
BREAK 10 12:20
Sachin Bharuch 89 100 13:40
BREAK 20 14:00
Bharuch Vadodara 77 90 15:30
TOTAL 578 740

Last edited by advaitlele : 15th December 2010 at 13:02. Reason: edited the xl sheet kms / times
Old 15th December 2010, 13:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Yes, kingshukt, that is the same jam I am talking about.
Did you like Express Inn? Isn't it a lot more expensive than Hotel Fountain? Do you have tariff and contact details of Express Inn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
How expensive is Fountain? Do you know what is the tarrif for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Non-AC double room for around Rs 1000, AC for around Rs 500 more.
Yes compared to Hotel Fountain, Express Inn is expensive. It was Rs. 1800 + taxes (AC Room). BUT is is cleaner since it is new. Hotel Fountain has a lot of clientele because of its older reputation - they are very curt on the phone. They are also very busy during Haj times.
Express Inn agrees to booking on phone.

HVK Sir, Do you recommend that we take the old NH8 (as shown in Google maps) from Ankleshwar and give the Jam a miss ?

For my Jaisalmer Trip, I propose to start from Pune on 30th afternoon, break journey at Express Inn (already booked) and start the next day for Ahmedabad.

EDIT: @Advaitlele: Silver Miles is better than Kamat on that stretch. The food is so much more better. Their wadas are also tasty - or was I really hungry ?

Last edited by kingshukt : 15th December 2010 at 13:52.
Old 15th December 2010, 13:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
HVK Sir, Do you recommend that we take the old NH8 (as shown in Google maps from Ankleshwar and give the Jam a miss ?
Check out when you leave Ankleshwar town, jam is not there if both the bridges are open, and repairs do not go on all the time. If you find a big jam, either try to drive on to the wrong side of the road - like all the local cars and buses - or turn back to Ankleshwar town and take the old road via the Golden Bridge to Bharuch.
Old 15th December 2010, 14:06   #19
BHPian

HVK Ji, You are the best. I really do not know what we new travellers would do without you.

K
Old 15th December 2010, 15:19   #20
BHPian

@kingshukt : yes, SilverMiles is way better than Kamath on that stretch. It has been our regular stop for last 2 years. We make it a point whenever driving in car we are there at the breakfast time - unlimited breakfast for around 90 odd Rs is really very good. We actually dont need to stop till Baroda after that except for nature breaks. Even when coming to Pune though its on the wrong side of our route, we take U-turn and have lunch there.
Old 15th December 2010, 17:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Pranav - will keenly watch this thread.
Hi Advait,
Thanks for your inputs! I will certainly create a log of the experiences and share with all.
Quote:
So dont worry about Bharuch jams. Just bring those Kharishing.
Good! Its a BIG relief to know that around late noon the traffic jam is not normally there @Bharuch.
I will certainly bring Kharishing. Since you too are in Pune, how about making this a point and meeting up? I can get some kharising for you and hand it over to you in-person!

On a different note - I wish you luck to have clearence from Supreme Court soon for your intended Thunder Ride!

Quote:
Here is what I have planned on my Thunderbird.
Thanks for these minute details. They will certainly be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
@kingshukt : yes, SilverMiles is way better than Kamath on that stretch. It has been our regular stop for last 2 years. We make it a point whenever driving in car we are there at the breakfast time - unlimited breakfast for around 90 odd Rs is really very good. We actually dont need to stop till Baroda after that except for nature breaks. Even when coming to Pune though its on the wrong side of our route, we take U-turn and have lunch there.
What is the exact location of this outlet? How far from Fountain Hotel?
Reading your strong recommendation; I am now chewing the thought of taking breakfast @ SilverMiles rather than @Fountain. Let me know the exact location.

Overall, it looks like I have been able to 'Manage' domestic pressure and seems like I will proceed with Plan A - will leave on Friday early morning.

Any phone numbers that I should keep handy for ICE ( In Case of Emergency) that you are aware of?
Old 16th December 2010, 13:31   #22
BHPian

@pranav - I have PMed you my mobile no. Pachha avine call karjo (call me when back).

It's been exactly 10 months and 17 days I last drove on that road - two trips after that were in train/flight due to tight schedules for family functions - and my memory tells me I take approx. 45 mins from Fountain to SilverMiles with normal traffic condition. I was always lucky not to get stuck in any traffic jams. As I said earlier, I start usually at 4 and around 7.30 / 8.00 I am there for breakfast. You may take a little longer. And all the four experiences there earlier for b/f or lunch were quite good.

PS : I am not their brand ambassador and don't get paid for feeding positive reviews

If you travelling with kid / baby dont forget to pack his/her favorite toys and play favorite music on the way.

All the best.

PPS : ICE numbers (of your friends / family) come really handy. Write them down on a paper / post-it and stick it somewhere near dashboard. I have this habit to dial from my mobile (actually my wife does that for me) any emergency numbers that are displayed on the boards on highway so that it rests in last dialled and may come handy. This is important as on any stretch of the road you are, this no. changes e.g. on Express way no is different than that on the NH-8 between Surat-Bharuch. Luckily I never had to use those numbers but can be life saver when needed.

Last edited by advaitlele : 16th December 2010 at 13:44. Reason: Added ICE numbers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks