Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2015, 19:54   #76
BHPian

re: Pune - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Jaipur - Mt. Abu - Mumbai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Similarly, while travelling from Mumbai to Ahmedabad, travel via Ankleshwar - Golden bridge - Bharuch railway station - ABC chowkdi - NH8. .
I will be taking this route to go to Chandigarh on the 19th of November. Queries as follows:
1. Is the situation at Sardar Bridge still the same?
2. We will be travelling on bikes; will the traffic jam be relevant to bikes too?
3. We will be starting from Pune at 0400 hrs so we should be at Ankleshwar by 1000 hrs. Should we take the Sardar Bridge or the Golden Bridge?
Old 10th November 2015, 20:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
I will be taking this route to go to Chandigarh on the 19th of November. Queries as follows:
2. We will be travelling on bikes; will the traffic jam be relevant to bikes too?
3. We will be starting from Pune at 0400 hrs so we should be at Ankleshwar by 1000 hrs. Should we take the Sardar Bridge or the Golden Bridge?
Hi raghuvir,
There will be traffic block at the Sardar bridge (I mean the bridge on NH8) at 10 am. Though it will not be as bad for the bikes as for the cars, better to avoid the potential traffic jam and take the Golden bridge route.

If you take the Sardar bridge, maybe you will get enough way for your bikes or may be not.

Wish you the best for your journey.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 06:07   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post
Took this route on 8th November, left Pune at 4:45 AM, Encountered traffic jam near Manor and Charoti.
At Ankleshwar, took the NH8, was there around 12. On this stretch suggest, keep to extreme left. This is the lane for cars and moves much faster than others . Traffic police were manning this at the start of Sardar Bridge.

Reached Ahmedabad at 3:45 PM
If on bikes, you can easily take the Golden Bridge
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:28   #79
BHPian

Re: Pune - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Jaipur - Mt. Abu - Mumbai : Route Queries

Hi,
I will be starting my Rajasthan trip this coming Saturday, Driving from Pune to Ahmadabad. Intend to start at 5 AM,
Do you recommend the Ankleshwar Bypass or Golden-gate bridge?
Also, what breaks did you take..

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Took this route on 8th November, left Pune at 4:45 AM, Encountered traffic jam near Manor and Charoti.
At Ankleshwar, took the NH8, was there around 12. On this stretch suggest, keep to extreme left. This is the lane for cars and moves much faster than others . Traffic police were manning this at the start of Sardar Bridge.

Reached Ahmedabad at 3:45 PM
If on bikes, you can easily take the Golden Bridge
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:41   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Hi,
I will be starting my Rajasthan trip this coming Saturday, Driving from Pune to Ahmadabad. Intend to start at 5 AM,
Do you recommend the Ankleshwar Bypass or Golden-gate bridge?
Also, what breaks did you take..

Thanks,
Hemant, Refer this post for the latest info on a BHPian who did Bangalore-Ahmedabad and how he negotiated the Ankleshwar Bridge.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3856898

You can as well read my response there above.
Quote:
Construction of bridge over Narmada is in full swing. Heavy traffic pile-on on both sides of the road between Ankleshwar and Bharuch. Was helped by local vendors on the road to take the wrong side, and go below the highway on muddy track till Bharuch
So, apart from following the Golden Rule of taking the Golden Bridge at the Golden Hour, you can always check with few local cars (GJ05/GJ06/GJ01) heading towards Bharuch/Baroda and that always helps.

Last edited by paragsachania : 2nd December 2015 at 12:42.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:48   #81
BHPian

Hemant, as you are starting from Pune at 5, you should be able to cross ghodbunder by 7/730 am.
For breaks, there are number of restaurants on the way.( You will see number of boards of SugarN Spice) I stopped at McD after Surat.
After Ankleshwar Bridge there is a toll, just after toll there is a foodmall with number of options. You can even stop there

Whether to take Golden Bridge or Bypass, I suggest just before you reach Ankleshwar, switch on google maps on phone and look at the traffic( red lines) on both stretch. Should help you to decide run time.
My observation - going on the wrong side as mentioned by Parag was being facilitated by police. They were asking cars to go on the other side
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:56   #82
BHPian

Thanks paragsachania, went through the same,,
You also helped me on the Mumbai bypass - this was the second thing I was dreading..now have a clearer way from your post,,

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Hemant, Refer this post for the latest info on a BHPian who did Bangalore-Ahmedabad and how he negotiated the Ankleshwar Bridge.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3856898

You can as well read my response there above.

So, apart from following the Golden Rule of taking the Golden Bridge at the Golden Hour, you can always check with few local cars (GJ05/GJ06/GJ01) heading towards Bharuch/Baroda and that always helps.
Old 25th December 2015, 12:27   #83
BHPian

I am going to from Pune to Ahmedabad first week of Jan, as per the previous posts, I presume it is best to take the Golden Bridge at Ankleshwar?

Additionally, I am driving from Ahmedabad to Udaipur on 10th Jan, planning to leave Ahmedabad around 6/7am. Wanted some recommendations for Breakfast on the way to Udaipur?
Also, my hotel check-in is at 1pm, wanted recommendations for lunch near Udaipur (don't plan on driving in to Udaipur on the first day just for lunch).

Recommendations for breakfast and lunch please
Old 9th August 2016, 12:17   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, any pointers for a good breakfast stop when leaving from Ahmadabad at around 6:30 or 7:00 towards Udaipur? Planning to leave on Friday morning. I did some basic search, and road conditions seem to be rather good, is there anything that I should make note of?
Old 28th August 2016, 19:39   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Hi guys, any pointers for a good breakfast stop when leaving from Ahmadabad at around 6:30 or 7:00 towards Udaipur? Planning to leave on Friday morning. I did some basic search, and road conditions seem to be rather good, is there anything that I should make note of?
Just before you reach Motipura circle in Himmatnagar, you will see Hotel Milestone on your right. Offers decent food options. There is another one close to it.. cant remember exactly but I guess it was Khana Khazana.
Happy driving!
Old 15th August 2017, 18:17   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Just before you reach Motipura circle in Himmatnagar, you will see Hotel Milestone on your right. Offers decent food options. There is another one close to it.. cant remember exactly but I guess it was Khana Khazana.
Happy driving!
Unrelated to your reply, but if you are from Gujarat, any comments about road conditions Ahmedabad-Mt.Abu-Udaipur post the recent heavy rain havoc? Have the reputed highways of Gujarat stoodup to nature? Thanks.
dhuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 18:28   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
Unrelated to your reply, but if you are from Gujarat, any comments about road conditions Ahmedabad-Mt.Abu-Udaipur post the recent heavy rain havoc? Have the reputed highways of Gujarat stoodup to nature? Thanks.
Hi

I have not been on the road to Abu after the rains, but in general, the highways have held up pretty OK. Came back from Somnath-Gir just when it was raining cats and dogs and the road conditions were drivable. On the Udaipur stretch, potholes have come up. I am sure Abu Road (not Abu) to Udaipur will be a breeze. I am off to Udaipur in a couple of weeks. Will update the road conditions then.

P.S. Ahmedabad to Himmatnagar is full of potholes as of yesterday. Worse story while coming back from Himmatnagar. Large crater like potholes, but in most stretches one lane is good and the other has the potholes.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 18:38   #88
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

Reviving an old thread here.
I plan to travel from Pune to Udaipur, in fact to Nathdwara temple, and then cover a few destinations around Nathdwara like Ranakpur, Chittorgarh, Kankroli & Haldighati, return to Udaipur for a relaxed couple of nights doing absolutely nothing, before leaving for Pune.

Following is the tentative plan, but I am totally clueless on the road conditions and hence, how much is it feasible

Saturday 14/12 - Leave Pune between 3-4 am and try to bypass Mumbai before all the mayhem begins. Hope to have lunch at vadodara, before leaving further for Udaipur/Nathdwara.

Sunday 15/12 - Morning + Afternoon will be temple runs. Late afternoon, plan on covering probably Chittorgarh.

Monday 16/12 - Morning temple runs and post early lunch, cover the remaining destinations, most probably Kankroli + Haldighati + Ranakpur.

Tuesday 17/12 - Temple runs + check out of Nathdwara. Post morning checkout, have kept this time as cushion in case any of the destination above is pending. If not, then direct to some resort (yet to be finalised) in Udaipur for 4 of doing absolutely nothing, but this is just wishful thinking since missus will need to go shopping + some sight seeing.

Friday 21/12 - Check out from Udaipur. Since I wont be in a position to check out too early, I will have to make an overnight stay at Vadodara, and resume on 22nd for Pune. (Here I can even stretch further till Vapi/valsad if need be)

This is the route that Google shows as most efficient for the travel. I have no idea of the challenges that there might be.

Will need suggestions on the same, and also on whether going via Ahmedabad makes more sense than this.

Plus I will also need suggestions on places to eat & stay on the way.

Passengers will be myself and spouse in my i20 Elite VTVT.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 18th November 2019 at 18:45.
Old 19th November 2019, 22:50   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Friends,

Reviving an old thread here.
I plan to travel from Pune to Udaipur, in fact to Nathdwara temple, and then cover a few destinations around Nathdwara like Ranakpur, Chittorgarh, Kankroli & Haldighati, return to Udaipur.
Passengers will be myself and spouse in my i20 Elite VTVT.
Hey Vinit,

Going by Vadodara or Ahmedabad would be one and the same. (Time taken and distance covered). However on both the stretches after Vadodara and Ahmedabad, there are lot of construction activities going on which will slow you down. Consider a 6 hours drive to udaipur from these two places.

There are lot many fooding options on this stretch so you won’t have any issues.
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 11:11   #90
BHPian

Hey guys, reviving this thread. Doing a Mumbai Mount Abu trip next month, my questions are,

1) broadly how good are the road conditions, any bad stretches I should be alert for?

2) gmaps tells me it's a 14 hr drive, in reality how long does it take

3) given that it's peak summer, do you suggest leaving Bom at 0500 and travelling through the day or leave post lunch so we reach by 1 AM and avoid traveling during the day?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks