Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 23:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Any one from / near Tripunithura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I think it is better to take the NH17 via Ponnani, Chavakkad, Kodungalloor, Paravur, Vara puzha (leave NH 17 and join NH 47 at Kalamaserry), HMT junction, Sea Port Airport Road (passes throught SEZ), Irumpanam, Tripunithura.

You can try Hotel Prasanth in Tripunithura.
Join at Edapplly from Parur via Cheranalloor. This is a good road. Only hitch is the railway gate at Edappally.

Hotel Prasanth is good. Another one is the Hotel Hill Palace near the Seaport Airport & NH 49 cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
I'll suggest the following options:

Alternatively, you can try Kodungallur-Parur-Varapuzha-Edappally-Vyttila-Pettah-Tripunithura (but be prepared for traffic between Vyttila and Tripunithura, plus lots of cops between Edappally and Vyttila). This should be the shortest route, but traffic conditions very largely.

Edit: If you are taking NH17 all the way to Kodungallur, please ensure that you do not pay toll at Kottapuram and Varapuzha. If you pay at Chettuva, thats sufficient for Kottapuram and Varapuzha bridges as well. I've often seen people paying toll at all the three booths, when you are actually paying for all the three together!
This is the route mentioned above. You need to take only one toll for these three bridges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
It is possible to avoid going in to Thrissur town (Swaraj round) even if you take Option-1.

In my opinion, the Kodungalloor-Aluva/Edappally stretch is narrow (two lane with no divider). Possibly the number of vehicles on the road on this route is lesser compared to NH47, but it will still be crowded. Private buses are a menace on this route.

The NH47 4-laning has progressed quite well, so it's possible to cover Thrissur-Ekm stretch in less than 90 minutes (without over-speeding).
The NH 17 is a better bet any day and any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Which will be the nearest railway station when arriving from kannur/calicut direction.
(just looking for alternatives, incase am not able to take my car!)
Get down at Ernakulam Town (North) or Ernakulam Junction (South) depending on the train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Tripunithura has a railway station, but not many express trains stop there. Coming from north, Aluva will be a good option. Ernakulam South (Junction) might be the closest, but the route from south station to tripunithura will be a traffic nightmare
Ernakulam is the best option.

Where exactly is the marriage taking place?

Last edited by rajeev k : 7th February 2011 at 23:37.
Old 7th February 2011, 23:37   #17
BHPian

Here is the route in detail in Google maps. Hope the link works.
You can zoom in to get the details. This is the route for newbies. I would not take this route though as there are shorter, less congested routes but that which are liable to confuse the first timers.
Calicut, Kerala, India to Tripunithura, Kerala, India - Google Maps
Old 8th February 2011, 08:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post

Where exactly is the marriage taking place?
+
at Seetha Ram Kalyana Mandir, (near Chinmaya School),
Tripunithura.?
Old 8th February 2011, 18:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Yes I do agree that the route via Kalamassery to airport seaport road and then straight onto Irimbanam and then to Tripunithura is shorter but the sheer number of times one has to ask for directions is too much.
Why should he be asking for directions so many times? I drove for the first time through that route about a month back, and I did not have to ask directions anywhere - May be I was lucky to have made the right turns every where. I am one who believes its better not to send new people to traffic blocks - even if he needs to ask a couple of times, its still better than getting stuck up at traffic jams.

The traffic at Edappally, Palarivattom and Vyttila junction is maddening most of the times. Vyttila to Pettah is another nightmare - not that its better after Pettah. Its much better to take the less congested way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
For a newbie its better to take the free left at Edapally church junction and then onto Vytilla.
Wouldn't it be better to call the junction as "Edappally Bypass junction"? The Church junction is still away - and if he asks for someone where the "Church junction" is, he'll be promptly guided towards the church.
Old 8th February 2011, 23:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+
Tripunithura.?
The Choice School is near Gandhi Square, maradu.

Quote:

The traffic at Edappally, Palarivattom and Vyttila junction is maddening most of the times. Vyttila to Pettah is another nightmare - not that its better after Pettah. Its much better to take the less congested way.

Wouldn't it be better to call the junction as "Edappally Bypass junction"? The Church junction is still away - and if he asks for someone where the "Church junction" is, he'll be promptly guided towards the church.
If you are coming via Kodungallur and Parur, through NH 17, you will be entering the bypass junction (earlier known as station kavala) at Edappally and proceed straight to Vytilla.

From Vytilla either take the free left and from Pettah (This is a kind of T junction and taking left will take you to Tripunithura. Take this left turn through the right of the lane and at the end of the median take a right) take a right turn to Gandhi Square, Maradu and from the square take a left turn to the Chinmaya School.
OR go straight from Vytilla and take a Left at Kundannoor Junction (There is traffic signal lights there and Hotel Le Meridian is near this junction) and take a free left you will reach Gandhi Square from the other side.

I will say the exact location of the Hall tomorrow as I may go that way.

Last edited by rajeev k : 8th February 2011 at 23:33.
Old 8th February 2011, 23:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Why should he be asking for directions so many times? I drove for the first time through that route about a month back, and I did not have to ask directions anywhere - May be I was lucky to have made the right turns every where. I am one who believes its better not to send new people to traffic blocks - even if he needs to ask a couple of times, its still better than getting stuck up at traffic jams.

Yes I do agree a far better term is Edapally Byepass junction. It just skipped my mind.
As for the sea port road I would say you were very very lucky to reach Tripunithura without asking for directions. Tomorrow I shall come by that route and see if directions are there on sign boards.
By the way if its near Gandhi square then its better to go up to Maradu junction via the byepass and turn left at that junction and then ask for directions from there on.
Old 9th February 2011, 09:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
+
Tripunithura.?
Dear Nair,

this place is near Chinmaya School, Layam road.

You have to reach Statue Jnc., Tripunithura, and take Layam road. The auditorium is in Layam rd. and between Statue Jnc. and Chakkankulangara temple.

Hotel Prasanth at North Fort Gate (Vadakke kotta) is an option to stay.

Please PM me if you need any more info.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 9th February 2011, 10:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Dear Nair,

this place is near Chinmaya School, Layam road.

You have to reach Statue Jnc., Tripunithura, and take Layam road. The auditorium is in Layam rd. and between Statue Jnc. and Chakkankulangara temple.

Hotel Prasanth at North Fort Gate (Vadakke kotta) is an option to stay.

Please PM me if you need any more info.

Thanks,
Jose.
Thanks Jose.
I still to decide the mode of travelling (either by Car or by train), and yes will definitely PM you, incase any assistance required.
Old 9th February 2011, 10:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Jose.
I still to decide the mode of travelling (either by Car or by train), and yes will definitely PM you, incase any assistance required.
I'm not sure about the trains, but if you are planning to travel by train you can get down at Tripunithura and take an auto to reach the auditorium which is about 1-2 kms from the station.

When is the wedding?

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 9th February 2011, 13:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
I'm not sure about the trains, but if you are planning to travel by train you can get down at Tripunithura and take an auto to reach the auditorium which is about 1-2 kms from the station.

When is the wedding?

Thanks,
Jose.
Thanks
Wedding is on the 14th of this month.
None of the trains from my side (Payyannur/Kannur) pass through Tripunithura. I have to get down at Ernakulam north and then look for other mode of transport.
Still looking the possibilities to travel by Car..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks